XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019]  (Read 29194 times)

Offline Newbophobia

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IPrenade v2
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181019] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #15 on: 04:22 PM - 10/19/18 »
Hey Obsiv, so I have tried all of the beta firmwares on fortnite. Firmware 20181019 feels the best with 1018 a very close second. I have also tested these firmwares on the new Black Ops 4 and it performs very well on that as well. The analog type movement has affected the aim assist in a favorable way and I can't thank you enough for your efforts and I look forward to future firmwares for other games especially Black Ops 4

Offline CxDom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:30 PM - 10/19/18 »
Thanks

Offline Sunbrokerx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SNITCHmove
« Reply #17 on: 04:31 PM - 10/19/18 »
I think we are coming to the end so slowly :)
A difference to the 1018 is touchable, but can not say exactly what it is.
I get along well with the 1019.

GJ OBsiV
PS4 / PS4 PRO
XIM4 / XIM APEX
Logitech G502ls - G502s - G502h / MX518 / G700s
Ducky One 2 Mini RGB LED 60%
Fnatic miniSTREAK Pro - Cherry MX Silent Red
Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma V2 - Yellow Switches
BenQ Zowie XL2735

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 04:40 PM - 10/19/18 »
Thanks everyone for the feedback. :-)
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Fidan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04:55 PM - 10/19/18 »
I've been testing these beta  since the release and I have to say it feels great! :) Good work :)
Mouse: G Pro Wireless
Keyboard: No name
Mousepad: g440
Headset: HyperX Cloud Alpha S

Offline FreshFridays

• Fortnite lover
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xFresh Fridaysx
« Reply #20 on: 05:03 PM - 10/19/18 »
No need to recreate configs.

Tested right now 20181018 , best still 1011 or 1013 , tomorrow I ll test 1019

Aim assist super strong :/

THE aim assist was strong for you  on 18 or 19 ?
Iím on 18 but gonna switch to 19 later on today 🎃  Anyone els change their right stick deadzone ? What are you guys dead zones ?
🎃💀🕷🎃💀🕸🎃💀🕷🎃💀🕸🎃

Offline BlessUp

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05:04 PM - 10/19/18 »
Ill skip this for now as I dont play fortnite much compared to pubg and Id rather test the effects of these builds across multiple games because I tend to be an over thinker and untrusting of outcomes I dont have full control of, so I overall feel a bit safer utilizing anything possible to help maintain the joy of gaming in the style I prefer.     Ill gladly test the next release you do that works across all configs.

My fear is (and may just be paranoia) but due to so many squeakers blaming every loss on keyboard and mouse that the developers are going to try and appease the masses and categorize the xim as a cheating device. Even though from its very conception you have maintained a clear path that it will not cross those lines by purposely rejecting to add features like scripting and macros. In my mind you have maintained a level of integrity keeping your product a  translation device allowing the user to utilize controls that best suit each individuals play style. With the insane vast majority of controllers to choose from with button programming, paddles, racing wheels, joy pads, you name it I can't believe people don't see this device for what it really is and try to tarnish its rep and what it stands for. Ive been with you from the days we built the device and run through pc, to modifying the actually controller, and I will continue to support you as long as you choose to maintain your product.  what you have accomplished and are still doing is nothing short of astonishing.

Me personally would have never made the switch from pc to console had it not been for your genius work and dedication. I feel some devices out there do enter the realm of cheating and should be circumvented if possible.  Examples would be turbo controllers, controllers with macros, and scripting especially those like anti recoil.

Where I'm getting at with all this is the fact that they have taken some actions to detect devices and many especially blizzard has said keyboard and mouse is in violation to there terms. They may try to utilize their skill set to begin enforcing their terms and taking actions against what they deem violations.  Typically you would see instances like this on pc where they would start to run soft hits while they are monitoring and gathering data until they have enough solid evidence to issue the ban wave which comes in one big swoop usually via next update or patch ect....   

Me personally due to this would feel more comfortable utilizing your skill set OBsiV and stick to this new more randomized left joystick output in order to increase the odds of falling under any possible detection running the better safe than sorry route. My concern is that with computers there is no true randomness and over a big enough data collection field and data analytics on top of them most likely possessing the device monitoring the direct outputs will no doubt be able to find a way to fully detect said devices if they so wish. In all honestly they would simply need to start with all users who max out sensitivity because how many controller users actually do this. I bet its @#$% near 0%.  I understand the use of native controller to filter inputs from other devices making it look as though they are coming from a standard controller. But I can only imagine due to 4 digital keys vs a very wide range of analog input that its easily detectable. For now im hoping your able to randomize that digital input into what appears to be an inconsistent and natural analog input to hide detection. I feel analog keyboard in conjunction with this will help increase the randomness and make it appear as true to standard stick input as possible.

In all reality this is probably far fetched and these devs have enough issues trying to maintain their own software I doubt they are going to spend the time and resources to go all out on something like this but, I still wouldn't let your guard down.  There is a chance they do this in batches like every 2 years or 4 years so their main database of cry baby everyone gets a trophy users actually see a ban wave happen and will continue to stick around and be loyal to their brand due to this. I could see a gaming company use this to their advantage to try and drive more users to their game stating its a more even playing field and that they strictly enforce their terms of service.  PC did this with very competitive games like Counter Strike with paid for servers with stronger anti cheats like ESEA ect...

All that being said please let me know what I can do to help I for one love that fact that I can play with my vast majority of friends on hardware im more comfortable with in a way more secure environment than what pc has become where every noob can download an app and become an insta god completely ruining games in the process.

Umm  man sorry for that ramble if you made it this far I will say that I noticed right away when 1013 was released aim assist felt stronger but 1018 cleaned it up and gave a good balance of wasd control and aim assist. I have a feeling the debate that has been going on is true that analog left stick does have an effect on aim assist and for what I can tell the better. I Just received the wooting keyboard so I have also been testing in conjunction with it. Ill continue to help give any feed back I can as a communicative effort to make this the best it can be. 

You sir are much appreciated. 

BlessUp
👊😉

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #22 on: 05:40 PM - 10/19/18 »
Thanks BlessUp. I agree with you, and, what's ridiculous is the number of XIM users compared to the number of gamers that play these AAA games. We are literally a fraction of a percent of their total user base. PUBG is even more ridiculous since from our analytics hardly anyone with a XIM plays. And you are right, the issue is people automatically blaming their loss online to everything other than their own skill. It's impossible for them to think any other way. So, they complain incessantly to the game maker which compels the developer to take steps like EPIC did which resulted in the targeting of the most vulnerable and marginalized group of gamers there are: disabled gamers. I've had many PMs from people with disabilities or relatives of them over the years thanking me for giving them the ability to play with their friends like any other normal person would. It changes their lives. So here we are, and I assure you, I'm going to do all I can to ensure this doesn't happen to them again.

Offline salihyildiz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: salihyildiz
« Reply #23 on: 05:41 PM - 10/19/18 »
this update is amazing.

But what i noticed when i want to change my inventory with (x) ps4, its just double xx maybe thats because my keyboard is broke, or is that from the update?

Offline marinetroics

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06:57 PM - 10/19/18 »
2 questions.
1. this beta firmware only affects the Fortnite profiles/setting?
2. Why do you want to make this type of firmware apply to all other games for the future? in case game makers do this kind of stuff to us on other games in the future?

Also I have 2 XIM Apexs. I've been using one just for fortnite because i didn't want any of my other profiles to be affected. maybe i dont need to do this.

I am extremely confused about something. Are we supposed to re-download a Fortnite profile as a new one??? I downloaded a new fortnite profile cause I wanted to have setting different on them and the old one I had on the xim seems very bad. The aiming is not good at all and the sensitivity between the two are a huge difference apart to achieve the same aim speed. whats going on here???
« Last Edit: 07:40 PM - 10/19/18 by marinetroics »

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #25 on: 07:48 PM - 10/19/18 »
Would the process of applying this to other games be complicated or not. I assumed from the beggining that the firmware basically changes the 8 directional 100% input and randomises the levels of joysick pegged percentage for each click. I would ask more questions but i have a feeling people will be looking at the forums for information now. I think the introduction of the system would be great on any game to save the whinning people before they begin. I cant imagine the amount of uproar that came from the fortnite ban but assumably it was pretty irritating.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #26 on: 08:14 PM - 10/19/18 »
Would the process of applying this to other games be complicated or not. I assumed from the beggining that the firmware basically changes the 8 directional 100% input and randomises the levels of joysick pegged percentage for each click. I would ask more questions but i have a feeling people will be looking at the forums for information now.

No, it would be easy to apply to the other games. Concerning what it does, you are right, I'm not going to disclose it here. But, I can say that it's a very complex system whose complexity is only beat by that of the aiming translation system.

Offline FreshFridays

• Fortnite lover
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xFresh Fridaysx
« Reply #27 on: 10:56 PM - 10/19/18 »
I tested 19.... the aim assist feels awesome !
Movement is great ! No kicks .
Xbox Na West player , Gt: xFRESH FRIDAYSx
Letís lobby ;)
🎃💀🕷🎃💀🕸🎃💀🕷🎃💀🕸🎃

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #28 on: 12:31 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thanks for the feedback -- I think this is enough to know this is a solid build and will replace 1018. I'll release for XIM4 and Mac flash tool tomorrow. Thanks again. :)

Offline Abdulwaa

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:42 AM - 10/20/18 »
Thanks ObSiv. Even though these updates don't apply to anything other than Fortnite I really appreciate the fast work. I havent' played fortnite since the start of S6, and don't plan on after hearing about this garbage they are pulling. BO4 and Red Dead Redemption are enough for me.

Admin