XIM Community

Razer Lighting Issues  (Read 852 times)

Offline SkillBoughtThis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Believer490
Razer Lighting Issues
« on: 02:55 AM - 10/19/18 »
Hi,

I have been using the xim apex for a couple of days now and all I can say is wow. Feels like I'm on pc and I've seen no compromises so far, although I have come across an annoying issue. So my keyboard is a razer tournament edition v2 and my mouse is a razer deathadder elite when I first used the xim both of them were working fine, the lighting and performance. But this morning I decided to do some cable management because my desk and cables were a shithole, while the PlayStation was in rest mode I unplugged the keyboard and replugged it, then when I started up the PlayStation through the controller (which was wired to the xim) my mouse's lighting was fine and worked fine, but my keyboard's lighting was not working yet the keybaord was working fine (when i connect the keyboard to my pc the lighting works just not while it's plugged into the xim). I am very confused about what happend but i have searched online with no success, (no there is no power overload or flashing lights on xim) it's ticking me off cause i can't see what im typing properly and would love an answer.

ty

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Razer Lighting Issues
« Reply #1 on: 03:46 AM - 10/19/18 »
Razer keyboards generally rely on Synapse to set RGB lighting as it's not stored in on-board memory. As a result, they can default back to green when unplugged from a PC. Try resetting your lighting in Synapse, then plug back into the Xim. Also, ensure lighting is enabled on the kb.

In the end, this is a Razer problem, not a Xim one. Razer kbs can also have issues with ghosting because that too is handled by Synapse, which is a daft move by Razer.

If you want to keep the kb and mouse connected to PC and Synapse, consider purchasing a Belkin Easy Transfer Cable and using the Xim Link app. You'll find more information in the Xim Link forum.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline SkillBoughtThis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Believer490
Re: Razer Lighting Issues
« Reply #2 on: 07:51 PM - 10/19/18 »
So you don't reckon it has anything to do with me unplugging it while the power was off? cause before I did that the keyboard lights worked fine.

Admin