XIM Community

DPI and aim assist interaction dependant on mouse sensor?  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Slow-Scoper

• View Profile
Hey guys,

I've been using the G Pro Wireless for the past year and I've found the best way of cutting through aim assist is by using the max DPI, 16k, across various games. However, recently the right button started malfunctioning - can't expect too much from a 150 euro mouse, right - and I had to switch to my Razer Deathadder Elite and set this to 16k as well.

However.. I suddenly struggled quite much with cutting through the aim assist bubble and was really frustrated, until I tried 1800 DPI and it felt much smoother in regards to the aim assist. This quite frankly confuses me greatly as most documentation on the forums and Youtube agrees that the higher the DPI, the lesser aim assist you get. To make sure it was not related to one game, I tried it in MW, BO4 and BF4 and I keep getting the same results.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? I am suddenly even beginning to think MJFAME was on to something with his quest for the native DPI! Or is this all in my head and should more DPI always equal less aim assist?

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
Re: DPI and aim assist interaction dependant on mouse sensor?
« Reply #1 on: 07:21 AM - 04/14/20 »
There is quite a difference between the two mice in terms of sensors.

The GPW has no input lag or smoothing at all DPI steps or I think I also read somewhere that it's 2ms across all DPI steps which is consistent.

The Razer Deathadder Elite has 32ms of input lag due to sensor smoothing at max DPI something that most people here overlook. On the Razer Deathadder Elite anything below 1900 DPI has no smoothing or input lag. So that is why when you switched to 1800 it felt better.

The new Razer sensor has smoothing disabled though and also syncs the MCU with the polling rate of the USB ticks. So you may want to look at the new Razer Viper Ultimate or Razer Deathadder V2. As they are the best mice out there right now due to them having optical switches.

I too had to retire my GPW because both switches double click. The Razer mice have no issues since I got them. So now all I am waiting for is a Razer Deathadder Ultimate Wireless. And that would be end game for me.
« Last Edit: 07:31 AM - 04/14/20 by JuanDeage »

Offline Slow-Scoper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:34 AM - 04/14/20 »
Ohhh that is super interesting and clarifies quite a lot, thanks! So the smoothing on sensors might be comparable to using smoothing on my XIM config I guess (whenever I do, I get way more aim assist so I avoid using smoothing).

And funny you mention that, I have actually ordered the Razer Viper Ultimate the other day! Think I am done with Logitech for the time being.. I was just struggling to find accurate information regarding its sensor and smoothing, Razer states it is the "Razer Focus+" sensor and I read somewhere - might be wrong on that - that it should be based (or an upgraded version) on the same sensor as the Deathadder? But if this sensor contains no smoothing and I am able to set it to 20k, that might be the best aim assist setup then  :D

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:21 PM - 04/14/20 »
Hey guys,

I've been using the G Pro Wireless for the past year and I've found the best way of cutting through aim assist is by using the max DPI, 16k, across various games. However, recently the right button started malfunctioning - can't expect too much from a 150 euro mouse, right - and I had to switch to my Razer Deathadder Elite and set this to 16k as well.

However.. I suddenly struggled quite much with cutting through the aim assist bubble and was really frustrated, until I tried 1800 DPI and it felt much smoother in regards to the aim assist. This quite frankly confuses me greatly as most documentation on the forums and Youtube agrees that the higher the DPI, the lesser aim assist you get. To make sure it was not related to one game, I tried it in MW, BO4 and BF4 and I keep getting the same results.

Has anyone ever experienced anything similar? I am suddenly even beginning to think MJFAME was on to something with his quest for the native DPI! Or is this all in my head and should more DPI always equal less aim assist?
   some mice has added smoothing that might be causing the aa to be stronger. the G pro has no smoothing.  edit,  I didn't see the second reply.  you can buy better switches for the  Logitech mice,  there dirt cheap.   the first time I did it [ G pro wireless]   it took about 2 hours,  last time I did it to a G903 it took about 1 hour.
« Last Edit: 04:30 PM - 04/14/20 by slickrick »

Offline ManiacPath

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: QBLITZJORDAN
« Reply #4 on: 08:54 PM - 04/14/20 »
What about the razer mamba elite or the g502 hero? What dpi should I use for both of those so they doing have smoothing or input lag?

Offline JuanDeage

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:35 AM - 04/15/20 »
Razer Mamba Elite: Anything below 1900 DPI.

G 502 Hero: Any DPI.

Offline ManiacPath

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: QBLITZJORDAN
« Reply #6 on: 07:27 AM - 04/15/20 »
Where’d you find this info anyways? I’m curious

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:26 AM - 04/15/20 »
some mice has added smoothing that might be causing the aa to be stronger. the G pro has no smoothing.  edit,  I didn't see the second reply.  you can buy better switches for the  Logitech mice,  there dirt cheap.   the first time I did it [ G pro wireless]   it took about 2 hours,  last time I did it to a G903 it took about 1 hour.

Yes i also think this is the case here! Your mouse either adds smoothing or upscales the dpi which both takes some processing time.

Where’d you find this info anyways? I’m curious

You can learn about that from review topics (or general topics on the matter) on overclock and other tech forums.
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Admin