XIM Community

Xim Apex pulling apart  (Read 665 times)

Offline Totaltdawg100

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Totaltdawg100
Xim Apex pulling apart
« on: 01:07 PM - 10/18/18 »
Love our Xim Apex.  Unfortunately we've had issues lately where the case comes off, or when pulling it out of the Xbox, the silver metal part of the USB plug stays in the port, and the Apex comes out with only four gold prongs.  Luckily it still seems to function ok, but it is not a convenient or sustainable situation.  What should we do?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex pulling apart
« Reply #1 on: 01:21 PM - 10/18/18 »
hey,

did your xim arrive in that condition? And if so where did you order exactly?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline soybeans54

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: lI FaZe Noob Il
« Reply #2 on: 10:40 AM - 10/21/18 »
yep i did the some  i think that why i am have so meany problems

Offline pWicked

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xijLo
« Reply #3 on: 11:14 AM - 12/17/18 »
I have the same issue. It did not arrive like that, but happened shortly after purchasing. I bought mine off Amazon.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:36 PM - 12/17/18 »
if your xim is falling apart then please use your warranty via the amazon seller you bought from :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Bmor209

• Apex | k70| G903| G640| TB stealth 600| Xbox One X
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Fly 209
« Reply #5 on: 03:18 PM - 01/02/19 »
Mine fell apart and the usb gets stuck in the xbox
Apex | k70| G903|G640 Pad | TB stealth 600| Xbox One X

Offline pWicked

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xijLo
« Reply #6 on: 04:23 PM - 03/13/19 »
I had the same issue. Seems like the suggestion is to contact place where you got it from (AMZ)

mine however expired already - warranty.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 04:41 PM - 03/13/19 »
I'm curious how this is happening when the pieces are welded together. Have you tripped over the cable, causing excessive force on the USB head? Or is it gently pulling on the body and the head simply removing?

I sell short power & data USB cables with power-switches in the middle as a solution to USB wear and tear, so the XIM never touches the console port and can't be damaged in this way.

I only ship to Australia (and NZ soon), but search Alibaba or eBay for "data & power usb cable switch" and you may find them. Most of the results will be power only, the data ones are relatively hard to find.

Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: matthewtas
« Reply #8 on: 02:24 AM - 03/14/19 »
I'm curious how this is happening when the pieces are welded together. Have you tripped over the cable, causing excessive force on the USB head? Or is it gently pulling on the body and the head simply removing?

I sell short power & data USB cables with power-switches in the middle as a solution to USB wear and tear, so the XIM never touches the console port and can't be damaged in this way.

I only ship to Australia (and NZ soon), but search Alibaba or eBay for "data & power usb cable switch" and you may find them. Most of the results will be power only, the data ones are relatively hard to find.
For me a cord got caught on my xim and i didn't know so i pulled it and my xim was at like a 45 degree angle out of the xbox. The plastic case came off and a day later the usb part disconnected. It was my fault and i probably should have  gotten the usb cable your talking about. But at the time i thought the xim was really strong and i didn't need to be careful with it. Now im careful even being around it.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #9 on: 03:31 AM - 03/14/19 »
The XIM Apex is really well made. XIM Tech go above and beyond with construction in order to ensure that it will not break in normal use.
However, it is still a USB connector soldered to a circuit board within a plastic shell and is therefore vulnerable to heavy handed use.

On Antithesis's advice, I bought a really neat USB extension cable when I got my Apex. It's braided and red and black so that it matches my console and PC. Aesthetically, it actually adds to the look of my setup, but most importantly, it means that I never have to unplug the Apex and so I'm extremely unlikely to damage it. I am confident that it will work until OBsIV releases the XIM Supreme! ;)
« Last Edit: 06:11 AM - 03/14/19 by ceebs »
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:45 AM - 03/14/19 »
I should go see if a store near me has a cable like that so i can be sure i dont break it.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
  • Captain_Minxley
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #11 on: 04:40 AM - 03/14/19 »
I should go see if a store near me has a cable like that so i can be sure i dont break it.
You don't use Amazon?
Where's Half-Life 3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, CM Swift RX, Audio Technica ATH AD700, Soundblaster X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries (Black Edition) 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline matthewtas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:50 AM - 03/14/19 »
You don't use Amazon?
I do but i have bought quite alot of stuff online recently and i think i will have a better chance of getting my parents to buy it if they get it in a store. They are not that big into online shopping.