XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181018]  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Filipendio360

• View Profile
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181018] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #60 on: 08:31 AM - 10/19/18 »
I upgraded to the version on the 16th but I liked the one on the 13th better and I did a back up. When I did so, my configuration saved in the XIM Apex Manager was deleted and when I reconfigured everything exactly the same, with the same DDC and ACM sensitivity, when I move the mouse fast, the XIM APEX flashes in red (I had never done that before).

It's a 2013 razer deathadder, the smoothing is 3, both in DDC and ACM and sensitivities are 100 for DDC and 15 for ACM.

1000Hz
Common ST
DDC 100
ACM 15
Smoothing 3 in both

Does anyone know why this is happening? The configuration is identical and I didn't blink red before.

Fortnite BR
« Last Edit: 08:35 AM - 10/19/18 by Filipendio360 »

Offline Double J STL

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 08:48 AM - 10/19/18 »
I upgraded to the version on the 16th but I liked the one on the 13th better and I did a back up. When I did so, my configuration saved in the XIM Apex Manager was deleted and when I reconfigured everything exactly the same, with the same DDC and ACM sensitivity, when I move the mouse fast, the XIM APEX flashes in red (I had never done that before).

It's a 2013 razer deathadder, the smoothing is 3, both in DDC and ACM and sensitivities are 100 for DDC and 15 for ACM.

1000Hz
Common ST
DDC 100
ACM 15
Smoothing 3 in both

Does anyone know why this is happening? The configuration is identical and I didn't blink red before.

Fortnite BR

Your mouse turn speed is faster than the game can process/recognize. There is a setting in the "identity" tab. Click the three buttons and uncheck "notify maximum turn speed" and you won't see the blinking lights again.

Offline Filipendio360

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 08:53 AM - 10/19/18 »

1000Hz
Common ST
DDC 100
ACM 15
Smoothing 3 in both

Fortnite BR

Your mouse turn speed is faster than the game can process/recognize. There is a setting in the "identity" tab. Click the three buttons and uncheck "notify maximum turn speed" and you won't see the blinking lights again.

Where is the identity tab? Sorry but this is my first time with this issue.

Is the identity tab in xim apex manager?

Ok, found, but this never happened to me... is this going to make my get some offsync or how is this issue going to affect my gameplay?

Offline YogurtcuBayram

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 09:08 AM - 10/19/18 »
Played 1 game with gold firmware and no kick/problem.
Ps4 Pro
Logitech G502
Corsair K68
Steelseries qck+

Offline Double J STL

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 09:12 AM - 10/19/18 »

1000Hz
Common ST
DDC 100
ACM 15
Smoothing 3 in both

Fortnite BR

Where is the identity tab? Sorry but this is my first time with this issue.

Is the identity tab in xim apex manager?

Ok, found, but this never happened to me... is this going to make my get some offsync or how is this issue going to affect my gameplay?

The setting was probably checked before and you didn't know it if you settings are the exact same. Checking the box only disables the notification light on the XIM. Play a few games, I'm guessing it will feel the exact same as before...

Offline dr_soldier

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TDEROCHETTE
« Reply #65 on: 09:38 AM - 10/19/18 »
The question is rather, why can we suddenly use this version again? Is there more experience for this?

OBsiV any ideas, if it is true?

I don't know if it's linked or not, but some users have made a complaint to Epic because the Hori TAC Pro was kicked. However, it's an official Sony product. It seems to be supported again, so it's perhaps the reason why Xim Gold firmware is again working ?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #66 on: 09:42 AM - 10/19/18 »
Epic's detection method definitely roped in other devices, like the Hori Tac Pro. I wouldn't be surprised if it also nabbed some controller players with certain movement styles. Epic was never able to specifically detect XIM. They were just doing some heuristic analysis to see if they thought player movement looked like it was a keyboard versus an analog stick.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline KPPRISM

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KPPRISM
« Reply #67 on: 10:05 AM - 10/19/18 »
I am yet to try the 18 build, but here are my observations so far on the builds so far, I have tried every single of them daily.

In the initial few builds, I did feel significant drift until 14, but I had to keep reducing my sensitivity with every build until 17, for which I had to increase it back up to get to the usual aim movement I have been used to.
The build on 16 felt the smoothest in terms of player movement, sensitivity and aim assist as well.

I will give this one a shot and update soon.

XBOX One | XIM Apex | Logitech G502 | Corsair K55 RGCB | TB Stealth 700

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11:09 AM - 10/19/18 »
OBsIV and XIM Team, I have no idea what type or sorcery you did it on this Firmware release, remarkable work, we all now the purpose was to give back the keyboard option for all players, specially those who are playing with a disability where analog control is not an option.

It tested this Firmware thoroughly and I can confirm it as an "unfortunate"  side effect:
Improves Aim Assist significantly on Fortnite, like WOoW.

So... Epic tried to kill XIM APEX, they just made it... "stranger" -bad Joker voice impression-

And yeah, I can see XIM users asking for this performance on all games.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #69 on: 11:16 AM - 10/19/18 »
Thanks for testing everyone. I have another build (1019) I feel/hope will make it feel even better, but, it's up to you -- let me know and we can stay with 1018 or 1019.

Concerning usage in all games, I can certainly create a build that does't limit to just Fortnite if that's what people are interested in.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Gsx1400

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 11:37 AM - 10/19/18 »
My xim is pluged in PC and waiting for 19...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20181018]
« Reply #71 on: 03:26 PM - 10/19/18 »
My xim is pluged in PC and waiting for 19...

its out, link here :)
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71241.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Admin