XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 99144 times)

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup (20181216)
« Reply #735 on: 12:29 PM - 01/01/19 »
Ok, lol , thanks !  8)

Offline Roronoa

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 04:04 PM - 01/03/19 »
hello rml, i had a question for you. why do not you recommend the boost?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 06:39 PM - 01/03/19 »

I think the best way to answer this question is to give you an RML explanation of Boost. Then I think you'll understand why it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

The real difference between Boost and Ballistics is Boost is instantaneous from point A to point B. It allows you to manipulate the starting point of the right stick. So if you pick up your controller and slowly move the right stick you will feel a certain amount of play "Dead Zone" before your movement actually registers on the screen. As you push harder on the right stick your movement speed will increase. Boost allows you to completely bypass that dead zone (if you wish) and you can pretty much choose the starting point of your right stick movement. So if you crank Boost WAY up, it's just like starting your movement at the point where the right stick is immediately pegged. Ballistics allow you the same benefit except you can slowly ramp up or down to the desired speed instead of getting there instantaneously. Also Boost only works as acceleration, where ballistics can also slow your movement down if so desired.

Think of it like an electric and a combustion motor.

- Unless you're using a VFD, Electric power is instantaneous, as soon as you turn it on, you have the max output that your motor can draw from it's power core. - BOOST -
- Combustion motors have a lot of mechanical parts that take longer to build up torque. - Ballistic curve -

Now ballistics can be instantaneous obviously, if you make a ballistic like the electric graph above.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline wnb

• above average.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 10:34 PM - 01/03/19 »

I think the best way to answer this question is to give you an RML explanation of Boost. Then I think you'll understand why it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary.

The real difference between Boost and Ballistics is Boost is instantaneous from point A to point B. It allows you to manipulate the starting point of the right stick. So if you pick up your controller and slowly move the right stick you will feel a certain amount of play "Dead Zone" before your movement actually registers on the screen. As you push harder on the right stick your movement speed will increase. Boost allows you to completely bypass that dead zone (if you wish) and you can pretty much choose the starting point of your right stick movement. So if you crank Boost WAY up, it's just like starting your movement at the point where the right stick is immediately pegged. Ballistics allow you the same benefit except you can slowly ramp up or down to the desired speed instead of getting there instantaneously. Also Boost only works as acceleration, where ballistics can also slow your movement down if so desired.

Think of it like an electric and a combustion motor.

- Unless you're using a VFD, Electric power is instantaneous, as soon as you turn it on, you have the max output that your motor can draw from it's power core. - BOOST -
- Combustion motors have a lot of mechanical parts that take longer to build up torque. - Ballistic curve -

Now ballistics can be instantaneous obviously, if you make a ballistic like the electric graph above.

Relating Mechanics Lessons?
haha jks good explenation man,

i was going to ask something similar i understand now tho. but. when i use the ADS profile with no wepon attached i get my 360 at (roughly 15cm) as apposed to hip 30(cm) is that doing me a hinderance for my long range encounters? i am mainly playing Black out at the moment and im almost about to turn off AA and go to my settings, dont get me wrong i think your settings are ABSOLUTLELY FKN AMAZING! (no joke) but... when im in black out i feel i lose out on longer range encounters.. and some times i just cant stick to em ..mid range and longer..  is this because of the boost? im running 50 hip no boost and 38 ads with boost 600? 5 smoothing on each (your settings) and ingame i have 100% sense 75% zoomed sense ..
can you give me the messurements for what hip to ads should be ? like is it half or 2/3s point a to point b i mean eg 360/30
thanks sorry im abit convoluted in my posts.

also i dont know if i mis read your original post. but i was having real problems with the wing suit, (because i had the turn assist set to same button as ADS (RMouse) after changing this to another key so its not buggin out.. OMG that turn assist makes the wing suit brilliant.... 200sense/1500 boost and for driving OMG instant U turn.. with out dragging the mouse from one side of the table to the other...
Progress | Xbox One X | g502HERO | Logitech K200 | Sony Bravia kdl-32w670a |
OW | BFV | BO4 | DESTINY 2

Offline Phoenix10

• View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 02:02 AM - 01/04/19 »
RML

i dont know what is wrong with me
but i think your previous setup was better that the current set up ..

am a blackout player and i use G502 and Nav Controller !!

i fill the previous set up easiest to track and kill people from mid to long distances

what is wrong with me ????

Offline Roronoa

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 05:38 AM - 01/04/19 »
I understood thank you very much for your explanation!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 10:21 AM - 01/04/19 »
RML

i fill the previous set up easiest to track and kill people from mid to long distances

I don't think there's anything wrong with you. I think everyone has slight differences "some drastic". If my prior setup worked best for you, stick to it.  ;)
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #742 on: 12:42 PM - 01/04/19 »
@RML
If you'd have the g502 Hero, would you change your config to 16k dpi?

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 03:12 PM - 01/04/19 »
Probably mentioned before but this post is to big to look for answer.

Im using 16k dpi 40hip 20ads sens. And it feels good. Im soon 10th Prestige and ~2kd  mp player want to improve my aim further.

Is there a hip/ads ratio thats better for improving muscle memory?
Also using 400-600 boost on ads.
Xbox One X   XIM APEX   Glorious O

Offline Emahji-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Youtube-Emahji
« Reply #744 on: 07:18 PM - 01/04/19 »
@RML, it won’t let me copy or paste anything. I keep receiving an error, any help? All other forums work for me dealing with copy and paste,

Offline andreaste

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 09:50 PM - 01/04/19 »
RML

I don't think there's anything wrong with you. I think everyone has slight differences "some drastic". If my prior setup worked best for you, stick to it.  ;)

Same for me i really like the old setup, but unfortunately i lost it. Where i can find it? or can any of u link me here? It would be really appreciated ty

Offline puinsai

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: joshrel
« Reply #746 on: 12:10 AM - 01/05/19 »
RML

Same for me i really like the old setup, but unfortunately i lost it. Where i can find it? or can any of u link me here? It would be really appreciated ty

i think it was this :

1000hz
Sync Default
Hip - 8.5
ADS - 6.75
ADS delay - 400ms (Smooth Aim OFF)
Boost - 400
PS4 PRO | XIM APEX | T2 | FW: the latest | Mon: ASUS 28" MG28UQ | Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 Hero | SteelSeries R600 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | DumaOS Router

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 04:15 AM - 01/05/19 »
RML

i think it was this :

1000hz
Sync Default
Hip - 8.5
ADS - 6.75
Boost - 400

No curves?

Offline andreaste

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 02:14 PM - 01/05/19 »
RML

i think it was this :

1000hz
Sync Default
Hip - 8.5
ADS - 6.75
Boost - 400

No curves?
i was using a curve, still waiting for someone to post it...

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 08:10 PM - 01/05/19 »
@RML, it won’t let me copy or paste anything. I keep receiving an error, any help? All other forums work for me dealing with copy and paste,

Your using the wrong firmwar/manager