XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 99147 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup (20181216)
« Reply #690 on: 07:41 AM - 12/26/18 »
I play with Smoothing at 3, as my strafing is jittery without it, but I feel no difference in AA across all the different Smoothing values.
What youíre feeling is just the quantization (stair-stepping) effect. It does affect AA, but nowhere near as much as low DPI. But go with what works for you. The most important factor in setting up the Apex is what feels best to you as opposed to what works for somebody else. :)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline dawidmal22

• View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 08:47 AM - 12/26/18 »
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Well i dont have problems with aiming, pointing on the enemy.
The oroblem occurs when i strafe and enemy strafe. I was using swat rft and enemy was using same waepon he was able to kill me and i could not. Booth of us where using iron sights. Same lvl of health etc. So what went wrong?

I am using RML setup but i have increased hip
To 120 and ads to 70. Boost is 200 and smoothing is 4

Lets say i belive you guys i dont want to have problems with AA bubble. But can i just try for myself? Maybe i could develop settings for myself. Long time ago i was asking for help for bf4. I receive it moddifed it and my scores whent from 10 kills to 25 kills on SQDM HC.

Are you able to help me what i have to do? So if smoothing doesnt work and boost Should i low dpi on mouse and change pooling rate? Turn on synchronize to default?

Sorry Trshy, I know youíre trying to help the guy, but I have to disagree with just about everything youíve just told him:
aim assist and strafing don't work well with each other
The opposite is true: whilst strafing you get both AA Slowdown and AA Autorate
with high aim assist your long shot will be perfect
You donít get either AA with long shots. The AA range is limited by weapon type, the longest being with ARs at about 20m. Sniper rifles have no AA at all
close combat shots will suffer the most
CQC is well within the AA range
your best bet is to lower aim assist
You canít lower AA. Itís either on or itís not
try lowering your smoothing to 3, and increase your boost to 400 maybe? and try it and adjust the boost for your liking. you need to find the perfect balance for you to handle close and long ranges.
Smoothing has hardly any effect on AA, it simply quantizes the vanilla BC and boost just increases the stickís DZ.

In response to dawidmal22, if youíre using RMLís latest setup (with the beta firmware and manager via Testflight) your config is optimised for utilising AA. Take it from me, you donít want stronger AA as youíll be constantly be fighting the bubble if you do. Donít forget, AA wonít aim for you, or pull you on target. Itís a hindrence as much as it is a help.
What specifically is happening when youíre strafing?

Offline Dodge

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RheinlandFluch
  • PSN ID: Malarn71
« Reply #692 on: 09:48 AM - 12/26/18 »
Do not forget aspects like mouse (sensor/weight) and mouse surface on AA and aiming.
PS4 Pro & XB1 X | BenQ RL2755T 
Glorious Model O | 3200 DPI | 500Hz
Lioncast LK200
Corsair MM350
Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #693 on: 09:57 AM - 12/26/18 »
What boost do you recommend for AR ? With same exact setup as urs ? Thanks
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline TheFlash

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 10:45 AM - 12/26/18 »
Ok. Iím completely new to xim Apex and Iím trying to copy and paste from original post but I canít do it on my phone. Iíve tried searching for how to do it but it never copies the entire code. Any help would be great

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 01:01 PM - 12/26/18 »
RML or anyone who might know. Do you have some tips with the setup when playing hardcore? Going for dark matter and struggling with the smgs.. only the smgs remaining
Xbox One X   XIM APEX   Glorious O

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 01:28 PM - 12/26/18 »
What boost do you recommend for AR ? With same exact setup as urs ? Thanks

I typically use 300-400 for AR's. But it depends on your play style. If you're camping corners 0-300, If you're pushing alot maybe 400-600. It really depends on your tactics. If you're planning on having ALOT of CQC, then more Boost will probably be necessary as AA is Stronger with Close encounters. If you're playing for mostly mid range fights, then you may not need any Boost. It's about finding your happy medium for your playstyle.

IMO, you're better off with a happy medium then multiple setups. Not every encounter will feel great, but you'll learn to adapt to different situations. If you constantly change your settings, it makes it harder to learn.

Ok. Iím completely new to xim Apex and Iím trying to copy and paste from original post but I canít do it on my phone. Iíve tried searching for how to do it but it never copies the entire code. Any help would be great

If the code select button doesn't work with your phone then try highlighting everything within the code and copying it that way.

RML or anyone who might know. Do you have some tips with the setup when playing hardcore? Going for dark matter and struggling with the smgs.. only the smgs remaining

I've pretty much answered this question multiple times now, however I understand it's a choir to read through this thread. Anyways, SMG's typically means more CQC, which equates to higher levels of Aim Assist. You can just practice and learn to deal with it, or you can use Higher Boost levels to combat the AA. I also like to use 1.25 X/Y ratio with SMG's as they typically have higher levels of recoil as well.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline andreaste

• View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 02:15 PM - 12/26/18 »
Im using 16k dpi 1k hz and i really like the aim assist, but it ive got soo much jitter even with 20 smoothing. What can i do to reduce this issue? Thanks

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 03:33 PM - 12/26/18 »
Im using 16k dpi 1k hz and i really like the aim assist, but it ive got soo much jitter even with 20 smoothing. What can i do to reduce this issue? Thanks

3 options - Lower DPI, Lower hz, or Default Sync

I would try default Sync and see how it feels. Just divide your sensitivity by 8.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #699 on: 04:44 PM - 12/26/18 »
Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Well i dont have problems with aiming, pointing on the enemy.
The oroblem occurs when i strafe and enemy strafe. I was using swat rft and enemy was using same waepon he was able to kill me and i could not. Booth of us where using iron sights. Same lvl of health etc. So what went wrong?

I am using RML setup but i have increased hip
To 120 and ads to 70. Boost is 200 and smoothing is 4

Lets say i belive you guys i dont want to have problems with AA bubble. But can i just try for myself? Maybe i could develop settings for myself. Long time ago i was asking for help for bf4. I receive it moddifed it and my scores whent from 10 kills to 25 kills on SQDM HC.

Are you able to help me what i have to do? So if smoothing doesnt work and boost Should i low dpi on mouse and change pooling rate? Turn on synchronize to
Honestly, there are so many variables (mouse, pad, playstyle and personal preference) that I would find it difficult, if not impossible, to go through all the options with you. Only RML has that kind of dedication/patience.
I can tell you though, that I have no difficulty with strafing and tracking targets in BO IIII. My settings are on page 39 of this thread. Hopefully, something in there will work for you.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: braydo2010
« Reply #700 on: 11:30 PM - 12/26/18 »
Can someone please explain in detail (images if need be) how yo copy and paste these configurations in the apex manager??? I have downloaded the firmware and manager but everytime I click the Paste button it just says error.  Please HELP

Offline Poison

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 11:43 PM - 12/26/18 »
Hey guys, so I'm hoping someone in this thread could help me out if possible. I'm having this issue where ADS speeds are different on certain guns I think? To give an example, on weapons like the Maddox or ICR my ADS speeds are fine and I can hit shots no problem, but on guns like the Saug and Spitfire, it seems like my sensitivity drops. I've tried to troubleshoot the problem but I can't tell if it's a ADS delay issue (I'm using 400 delay) or maybe the ADS speeds vary between different attachments? I typically use iron sights for SMG's and Reflex for AR's.

Offline andreaste

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 05:00 AM - 12/27/18 »

I would try default Sync and see how it feels. Just divide your sensitivity by 8.
Right now im using 1000hz on mouse and 500hz on apex and it feels better, is it wrong or can i use this setup?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 07:44 AM - 12/27/18 »

Right now im using 1000hz on mouse and 500hz on apex and it feels better, is it wrong or can i use this setup?

Yes that's fine, as a matter of fact, some of the best XIM players out there do exactly that. Me personally, I want things as responsive as possible. That means 1000hz, Sync Off and 12000 DPI. But for some this is either not possible, due to their mouse, or they just don't like how responsive it is. Especially coming from XIM4. People adapt to things, if you're used to how XIM4 feels then my settings may make you slightly uncomfortable.

Trust me, as I stated in the OP. I was slightly uncomfortable with my settings for a few weeks. However, now, everything that's not 1000hz, Sync Off and 12000 dpi feels sluggish and unresponsive to me. I literally can't stand XIM4 anymore, I gave it away and haven't looked back. It felt so outdated!

Hey guys, so I'm hoping someone in this thread could help me out if possible. I'm having this issue where ADS speeds are different on certain guns I think? To give an example, on weapons like the Maddox or ICR my ADS speeds are fine and I can hit shots no problem, but on guns like the Saug and Spitfire, it seems like my sensitivity drops. I've tried to troubleshoot the problem but I can't tell if it's a ADS delay issue (I'm using 400 delay) or maybe the ADS speeds vary between different attachments? I typically use iron sights for SMG's and Reflex for AR's.

Are you talking spamming ADS or while ADSed on a target?
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #704 on: 08:13 AM - 12/27/18 »
 Will you please make 12k dpi 1k polling config for PUBG ?

Thanks
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)