XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 98227 times)

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup (20181216)
« Reply #645 on: 05:12 PM - 12/20/18 »
Fair enough that's the best reasoning for using 12000dpi I've heard with actual reasons behind it. I also agree that higher dpi feels more responsive but I feel that responsiveness is in fact more of a hindrance as it asks a lot of your mouses sensor meaning minor issues like dust on the lense have a much larger impact.

The overall it really doesn't matter but I will always prefer 3k to 4k doing it feels by far the best for sniping accuracy wise and therefore I assume the overall accuracy is better to an extremely minimal extent.

Well, ok. I just set my mouse up for 12000, 3200 and 800 DPI. I rotated through all 3 over the last couple hours.

My conclusion.... I cant stand 3200 dpi lol. Im seriously not trying to be argumentative at all. I literally couldnt hit anything. You know what it felt like to me, it felt like i was playing on my old Xim4. It just felt off. The even stranger thing is I prefer 800 dpi over 3200. For some reason 800 feels more like 12000 then 3200 does. As a matter of fact, except for the AA being slightly stronger at 800 then 12000, they felt nearly identical. Both felt snappy, then id go to 3200 and it instantly felt super tight like i had Angle Snapping on or something wierd!

I can see why Xim4 users may like your settings though, they would probably feel familiar. To me it feels restrictive though. I dont really know how else to describe it.

Everyones got a different feel though. I would suggest that if you like using low dpi though to try 800. It feels alot better and even the AA felt weaker. Strange i know, but thats my conclusion.

Cheers!

Wow that's super strange man did not expect that result for you. Also I know your not trying to be argumentative lol we all have different settups and settings we prefer I am very surprised that you like 800dpi but hate 3200 though. Also I will add if you like 800dpi 1600 feels very similar just a whole lot smoother perhaps you may like it.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: 05:31 PM - 12/20/18 »
Replied before looking at the other post. I usually do use soft pads imo they are simply far far superior much better control and still fast enough movement if your mouse isn't a heavy lump of junk.

Talking about that I don't suppose you use the g502 a lot of people like it for the sensor and large amount of buttons? If so this maybe the reason for two things your liking of hard pads and therefore your love of 12000dpi. I used to have the g502 and my aim was good with it and I liked the buttons but the bulkiness of the shape and the overall weight ruined the mouse for me quick wrist flicks were an absolute choir and big swipes were cancer. I would recommend to anyone who plays for games to ditch it but I know that's not practical for some users who use the nav which is why I suspect you probably use a g502 BTW.

I have some quality of life suggestions that may help you a lot from my experience. The first is just a tip. If you like hard pads and hate soft pads stick to what you like but if you want a hybrid kind of pad that is just excellent quality the zowie gsr is amazing 48cm wide 40cm high smooth and fast with great control and easy flick stop time.

The second I'm is a must for your own sanity if you use the g502. Get yourself a set of hyperglides it makes the heavy @#$% lump of a mouse so much more nimble and less of a wrist killer. It also helps a lot while doing larger swipes. This may also reduce the need for hard pads as you will glide over any mouse pad with ease. Also I would also never recommend using the pad tuning software I agree that it makes movements feel less snappy and more comebersome plus it is a semi faulty feature anyway.

I will also add I don't feel any difference between 3200dpi and 12000dpi other than a tad more snappiness and less accuracy at 12000. The setups I've used are.

Steelseries qck heavy
G502, deathader chroma, ec1-a and g pro
Preferred 3200 on all of them but barely noticed a difference

Currently
Zowie gsr
Ec1-a, g pro and fk2

Fk2 is my main mouse and the 3200dpi didn't even factor into my decision making perhaps lower doing feels a bit @#$% on hard pads. I personally never got on with hard pads I felt way to inconsistant.

Hope you find this useful or at least interesting. I know od1n is also a big fan of 3200dpi maybe he would be good to ask as well.
Mainly play overwatch

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: 06:01 PM - 12/20/18 »
Hey RML, Iím glad you listened to my previous post about XuK and Ruhsky.

???

could you let me know which hip/ads/delay/boost youíre using on your current config?

Multiplayer
Hip - 58
ADS - 50, Boost 600
Delay - 400

Blackout
High Zoom .75
Hip - 58
ADS - 48, Boost 300
Delay - 400

No other changes or rml? Smoothing and the other settings still the same?

Smoothing
Blackout - 3 and 5
Multi - 3 and 3

Wow that's super strange man did not expect that result for you. Also I know your not trying to be argumentative lol we all have different settups and settings we prefer I am very surprised that you like 800dpi but hate 3200 though. Also I will add if you like 800dpi 1600 feels very similar just a whole lot smoother perhaps you may like it.

Me either.. I don't know about 1600. I've tried as low as 2000 before and didn't care for it. That's why I was surprised at how 800 felt.

Have you tried 800? I can't say I like it "alot" but it feels better then 3200. 12000 is still where it's at for me, until I pick up a hero...  :)

ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline xthenothingx

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: 06:15 PM - 12/20/18 »
I get an error when trying to paste it, just updated my xim apex with the latest beta software, i just wanted to use it to check if u use any curves now at all and what the amount of smoothing you are currently using with sync off
If I had a nickel for every person that posts this. You need to update the manager. The new firmware doesn't work with the old manager.

So I also get an error when pasting and I updated to the Firmware 20180501 | Manager 20180528. Which from what I can tell is the latest of each.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: 06:52 PM - 12/20/18 »
Hey N1TRO, thanks.

Have you read my little story in the OP by chance? I'm a high DPI guy man, I've been there with low dpi (I swore by 4000), soft pads, lighter mice (I have the G303 for god sakes). Would I like to use a lighter mouse, eh.. yeah, maybe. I really value the buttons though. At the end of the day, you can literally adapt to just about anything. But yeah, maybe the weight of the G502 helps keep 12000 dpi steady a little. However, I also  preferred it with the 303 and that thing moves like lightning.

I know 0d1ns style well, we're both Alpha testers. There aren't many people that know more about XIM then 0d1n, that's a fact! That being said, I can't hit a @#$% thing with his setup lol... It's like trying to play on PC but with Aim Assist. I can't play that way. I watch his videos and I swear I have no idea how he does it. My aim gets stuck in the mud with low dpi and sensitivity. I never could learn how to adapt to that play style. 

At the end of the day I had to find my own way. That stuff just doesn't work for me. Believe me I tried! Besides, I've always wanted to play fast. I wish I could play faster, the faster the better IMO. Is it harder to learn and adapt to? Of course! But I really don't feel like my setup is that fast. I've played with young bucks that absolutely destroy my turn speed and they turn Aim Assist off. Little bastard doing 360 quick scopes and getting head shots, with Aim Assist off and higher sensitivity then me! Drives me absolutely crazy.

I have no idea how these guys try to play on console like they do on PC. It's just not Apples to Apples.

I get an error when trying to paste it, just updated my xim apex with the latest beta software, i just wanted to use it to check if u use any curves now at all and what the amount of smoothing you are currently using with sync off
If I had a nickel for every person that posts this. You need to update the manager. The new firmware doesn't work with the old manager.

So I also get an error when pasting and I updated to the Firmware 20180501 | Manager 20180528. Which from what I can tell is the latest of each.

There's a link in the OP guys. https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=73173.0

ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: 06:54 PM - 12/20/18 »

Me either.. I don't know about 1600. I've tried as low as 2000 before and didn't care for it. That's why I was surprised at how 800 felt.

Have you tried 800? I can't say I like it "alot" but it feels better then 3200. 12000 is still where it's at for me, until I pick up a hero...  :)
[/quote]

My thoughts on 800dpi are actually quite ironic considering your thoughts on 3200dpi. I feel 800dpi feels like the old xim4 experience. Fat blobby aim assist that feels unclean for lack of a better word. I also hate he mouse feel, it feels jagged and somewhat floaty in comparison to 2k dpi plus. I cannot snipe for @#$% on 800dpi it feels way to sloppy and inaccurate. I would easily say 3-4kdpi is my favourite doing range +4kdpi is all good as it feels basically identical just a tad more inaccurate the higher the dpi resolution goes and anything under 1600 dpi is total aids. It's usable but offers a much worse experience imo.

I wish you could @ people in this forum It'd be interesting to see users like antithesis and od1n way in on this subject.
Mainly play overwatch

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 06:58 PM - 12/20/18 »
Thanks I'll take a look and fair enough man I am on the opposite spectrum I have very similar settups to od1n but I agree you cannot play on him as if it is pc it just doesn't work.ni guess you just have to find what works for you. I would still heavily advise purchasing some hyperglides for the g502 I can imagine only positives. I use them on my fk2 a 82g mouse the g502 is around 125g without weights and anyone who adds weights is literally insane haha.

Edit:

Forgot to mention have you modified the g502 cable? I had to do it on the g pro it was way to stiff for a light mouse and was affecting my aim. This may be less of an issue with a heavier mouse but I'd still recommend it. No need to buy Paracord or anything just a bit of time and effort carefully unraveling the cables braid. Underneath is a soft rubber cable anyway similar to the zowie mice cable. I'd post a photo but my phones busted I'm currently using my tablet for smaller responses so I don't have to boot my pc.
Mainly play overwatch

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 07:10 PM - 12/20/18 »
Owww man this is some deja vu but I hate you rml after reading that op post on dpi I really want to try 12000dpi again :'(:'(:'(.
I agree completely with your opinion on 1000hz BTW it is technically less perfect in precision but the feeling in game is such a massive improvement in terms of responsiveness and clean flicks. This is the main thing that's got me wanting to test 12000dpi again. Funny how things work out.

PS what happened to headhunter anyways
Mainly play overwatch

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: 07:17 PM - 12/20/18 »
Thanks I'll take a look and fair enough man I am on the opposite spectrum I have very similar settups to od1n but I agree you cannot play on him as if it is pc it just doesn't work.ni guess you just have to find what works for you. I would still heavily advise purchasing some hyperglides for the g502 I can imagine only positives. I use them on my fk2 a 82g mouse the g502 is around 125g without weights and anyone who adds weights is literally insane haha.

Edit:

Forgot to mention have you modified the g502 cable? I had to do it on the g pro it was way to stiff for a light mouse and was affecting my aim. This may be less of an issue with a heavier mouse but I'd still recommend it. No need to buy Paracord or anything just a bit of time and effort carefully unraveling the cables braid. Underneath is a soft rubber cable anyway similar to the zowie mice cable. I'd post a photo but my phones busted I'm currently using my tablet for smaller responses so I don't have to boot my pc.

Sorry, forgot to mention I actually do use the hyper glides. Haven't really had an issue with the cable, but that's an interesting take. Also the 9HD isn't necessarily a "hard pad" IMO. It's a hard plastic, but not the kind of pad that eats mice feet alive! My feet show very little wear after a few years of use.

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Large-Professional-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B002J9G5AO

Owww man this is some deja vu but I hate you rml after reading that op post on dpi I really want to try 12000dpi again :'(:'(:'(.
I agree completely with your opinion on 1000hz BTW it is technically less perfect in precision but the feeling in game is such a massive improvement in terms of responsiveness and clean flicks. This is the main thing that's got me wanting to test 12000dpi again. Funny how things work out.

PS what happened to headhunter anyways

He was wrapped up in school, not sure what he's been up to lately. Maybe got a real job and doesn't have time for games anymore, IDK, Still, he's the man and plastered all over XIM advertisement. His COD video's have sold alot of units, I'm sure. He's also the one that got me to buy the G303. God that thing is tiny, I can't use it ahaha! @#$%!

By the way, his setup would be pretty vanilla. I guarantee you it would look alot like mine, just remove boost and lower sens a little and I think you'd be close to HH.

« Last Edit: 07:28 PM - 12/20/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 07:45 PM - 12/20/18 »
Ahh fair enough don't know how people use plastic pads I can't track for @#$% on them haha.

Also just did some messing around and felt like you couldn't hit @#$% with identical settings 3200 was tones better. I realised the real reason I don't like 12000dpi though it's not the inacuracy as it's basically identical. It's the effect on aim assist. It does make the aim assist less apparent but it does it in a non uniform manner meaning that basically the aim assist you get feels very inconsistant in strength slowdown and even Bubble size.
I understand the reason for using it previously as it lowered the aim assist strength and was one of the only ways to do so but I definitely will not be using it any more with boost you can easily enter the aim assist at 3200dpi 1000hz and you get a very consistent aim assist feel that once you have adapted to improves your consistency a lot.

My take would be if you give 3200dpi a week of use with your current settings and adapt to the feeling of a proper aim assist bubble it may improve your aim but I may also be wrong and the inconsistant aim assist may be what you like about it and you very well may be better with it but for me the aim assist doesn't feel strong or weak on 12000dpi is just feels random.
Mainly play overwatch

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 07:56 PM - 12/20/18 »
Also I will add this has given me 3360 sensor envy again :-( the fk2 is so much better to aim with but the 3360 sensor is just so smooth and crisp guess I'm going to be wasting money soon lol
Mainly play overwatch

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 08:07 PM - 12/20/18 »
Sounds like you need to tone your sens down with 12000 dpi. if AA feels inconsistent it's because of inconsistent movement. The Jitters will do that lol... They'll cut through AA. I mean just look at OBsIV's algorithm AA curves, they're like perfect jitter! When I first started using 12000 dpi I was all over the place as well. Now, steady as a rock!  ;)

I adapted by using lower sens until I got used to how responsive it was.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 08:14 PM - 12/20/18 »
Ahh there we go so I can confidently say for overwatch 3200dpi is superior as the game has a dogshit turn speed cap you need a reasonably high sense to be mobile enough to compete. Out of interest what cm/360 do you use if you know?

I now use 24.74cm/360 for overwatch

PS I don't suppose you have any gameplay footage I'd love to see something from you
Mainly play overwatch

Offline Lzy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Leazy
  • PSN ID: Leazhy
« Reply #658 on: 07:45 AM - 12/21/18 »
i dont feel a difference between 3200 and 12000  ???

Mouse and pad?

1000hz?

Sync?

QcK+

Logitech G Pro and G502

1000hz

Sync Default and OFF sometimes

Offline Roronoa

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 11:16 AM - 12/21/18 »
hello RML, I got lost in the conversation! so in the end what is your config currently? I play 12k dpi, sync off 600 boost 3 smoothing, do you advise me to use the curve obsiv?