XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 98109 times)

Offline AahTist

• View Profile
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup (20181216)
« Reply #615 on: 12:00 AM - 12/18/18 »
So is everything pretty standard but you have boost 600 and Smoothing 5?

Offline NinjaWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 03:26 AM - 12/18/18 »
Hey RML thanks for all the work you put into these setups!

Though I seem to be having trouble with your latest one, I'm really struggling to land shots as the AA feels way too strong for me and pushes my aim off target.  I seem to have more luck with your older setup (which I think is now your alternative anti AA).  I can always go back to that setup but just wanted to check if there was anything I could do to the latest setup to help? as everyone here seems to be swearing by it.

Im on latest beta firmware, 12000dpi, 1000hz.
Thanks again.

Offline Trshy

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 09:43 AM - 12/18/18 »

Though I seem to be having trouble with your latest one, I'm really struggling to land shots as the AA feels way too strong for me and pushes my aim off target.  I seem to have more luck with your older setup (which I think is now your alternative anti AA).  I can always go back to that setup but just wanted to check if there was anything I could do to the latest setup to help? as everyone here seems to be swearing by it.

Thanks again.

me too, however i changed my hip to smoothing 2 to prevent jitter, and ads to 1 smoothing and 500 boost. and it feels crisp to me, i tried RML's settings ( 600boost, 5 smoothing) but the aim assist feels sticky and throws me off target most of the time.

Offline puinsai

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: joshrel
« Reply #618 on: 10:53 AM - 12/18/18 »

Thanks again.
can you post the old one ? i erase it with the new one :-)

i think it was this :

1000hz
Sync Default
Hip - 8.5
ADS - 6.75
ADS delay - 400ms (Smooth Aim OFF)
Boost - 400
« Last Edit: 11:34 AM - 12/18/18 by puinsai »
PS4 PRO | XIM APEX | T2 | FW: the latest | Mon: ASUS 28" MG28UQ | Logitech G13 | Logitech G502 Hero | SteelSeries R600 | SteelSeries Siberia 800 | DumaOS Router

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 11:52 AM - 12/18/18 »

Thanks again.

me too, however i changed my hip to smoothing 2 to prevent jitter, and ads to 1 smoothing and 500 boost. and it feels crisp to me, i tried RML's settings ( 600boost, 5 smoothing) but the aim assist feels sticky and throws me off target most of the time.

Did you keep my ADS Sensitivity or turn it down?

This was meant as a common ground for Multi and Blackout. You can create a config for each, but this worked well enough for me. Just took a little practice, I don't mind sticky so long as I'm getting in and out of the hit box with ease. If I were to run pure Multi I would lower Smoothing to 3 on both. Pure Blackout I would run 5 and 300 Boost.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Darik

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: aCCkiy_Darik
« Reply #620 on: 01:14 PM - 12/18/18 »
What happened with configuration for multiplayer ? I donít see in the first post =/
There is only for blackout.

Offline Darik

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 01:36 PM - 12/18/18 »
What happened with configuration for multiplayer ? I donít see in the first post =/
There is only for blackout.
Ops
 this config turned out to be for multiplayer, just it has the wrong name ;)

Offline NinjaWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 02:02 PM - 12/18/18 »

Thanks again.

Did you keep my ADS Sensitivity or turn it down?

This was meant as a common ground for Multi and Blackout. You can create a config for each, but this worked well enough for me. Just took a little practice, I don't mind sticky so long as I'm getting in and out of the hit box with ease. If I were to run pure Multi I would lower Smoothing to 3 on both. Pure Blackout I would run 5 and 300 Boost.

I kept your ADS sensitivity at fist as it felt ok to me until I go for a shot and the AA bubble kept pushing me away.  Then increased the sensitivity but didn't help much.  I will try changing the smoothing and the boost though, thanks.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 03:36 PM - 12/18/18 »
Added the following to the OP. Hopefully it will help answer alot of the questions.

THEORY BEHIND THIS SETUP:
- High DPI helps cut through AA (Aim Assist).
- 1000hz helps cut through AA.
- SYNC OFF helps cut through AA.
- Higher Sensitivity helps cut through AA.
- Boost helps cut through AA.
- Smoothing increases AA.

HOW TO APPLY THIS CONCEPT TO YOUR GAME:
- Use your mouses Max DPI setting.
- Activate Advanced settings in XIM Manager.
- Use 1000hz in XIM Manager and 1000 polling on your mouse. (if your mouse doesn't poll at 1000hz consistently and you're feeling Stutter, then run XIM manager at 500hz. This will make AA slightly stronger but fix the stutter. If you're unsure if it's your mouse's polling rate, then add Smoothing and see if it fixes the issue. You should add Smoothing in increments of 1 until stutter is gone. You want to keep Smoothing as low as possible as it will also make AA stronger).
- Change your Sync setting from DEFAULT to SYNC OFF, in manager.
- Adjust your Hip sensitivity in game until you feel comfortable. Adjust your ADS sensitivity the same, but maybe push it a little toward the fast side. Remember higher sens = less AA and raising your ADS sensitivity is the Purest way of eliminating AA. So push it but make sure it's controllable, I suggest you test it on bots in a private game to get the feel for how AA is effecting your aim.
- While testing your aim in a private match, Adjust boost in increments of 100 until AA feels manageable to you. You can then fine tune in smaller increments if you'd like, I'd suggest 25 minimum.

If needed, I suggest the following for applying Smoothing to your setup.
- MUTIPLAYER: 0-4
- BLACKOUT: 4-8

If needed, I suggest the following for applying Boost to your setup.
- BLACKOUT: 0-400 (Going above 400 in Blackout may make long range sniping difficult).
- MULTIPLAYER: 0-1000 (All depends on how much AA you like, if you go above 1000 though aiming gets to responsive IMO).
« Last Edit: 10:39 PM - 12/18/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #624 on: 04:49 AM - 12/19/18 »
Hi

Is it possible if you can make pubg  config ?

Thanks
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline Darik

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: 09:49 AM - 12/19/18 »
Added the following to the OP. Hopefully it will help answer alot of the questions.

- Use 1000hz in XIM Manager and 1000 polling on your mouse. (if your mouse doesn't poll at 1000hz consistently and you're feeling Stutter, then run XIM manager at 500hz. This will make AA slightly stronger but fix the stutter. If you're unsure if it's your mouse's polling rate, then add Smoothing and see if it fixes the issue. You should add Smoothing in increments of 1 until stutter is gone. You want to keep Smoothing as low as possible as it will also make AA stronger).
- Adjust your Hip sensitivity in game until you feel comfortable. Adjust your ADS sensitivity the same, but maybe push it a little toward the fast side. Remember higher sens = less AA and raising your ADS sensitivity is the Purest way of eliminating AA. So push it but make sure it's controllable, I suggest you test it on bots in a private game to get the feel for how AA is effecting your aim.
- While testing your aim in a private match, Adjust boost in increments of 100 until AA feels manageable to you. You can then fine tune in smaller increments if you'd like, I'd suggest 25 minimum.

- BLACKOUT: 0-400 (Going above 400 in Blackout may make long range sniping difficult).
- MULTIPLAYER: 0-1000 (All depends on how much AA you like, if you go above 1000 though aiming gets to responsive IMO).

Nice, thanks )
I have only one question, do you set any special settings for sniper class ? or maybe curve ?

Offline Phoenix10

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: 09:50 AM - 12/19/18 »
New settings are on the first page??

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: 10:21 AM - 12/19/18 »

ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
« Reply #628 on: 10:24 AM - 12/19/18 »

Can I convince you to try 3200dpi again? With the boost feature mouse movements feel so smooth and generally perfect but you don't have the hastle of obnoctious aim assist. I see why people used 12000dpi previously as there were less ways to deal with aim assist I think now however having a very high dpi is equivalent to using steady aim yes it works but it also has an impact on your mouse movements and there are now better solutions. Just my thoughts but I would suggest giving it a try.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: 10:41 AM - 12/19/18 »

Can I convince you to try 3200dpi again? With the boost feature mouse movements feel so smooth and generally perfect but you don't have the hastle of obnoctious aim assist. I see why people used 12000dpi previously as there were less ways to deal with aim assist I think now however having a very high dpi is equivalent to using steady aim yes it works but it also has an impact on your mouse movements and there are now better solutions. Just my thoughts but I would suggest giving it a try.

This is actually a good point. Part of what I was trying to suggest to people was that there are quite a few tools at our disposal now to combat AA. So yeah, it is easier then ever to do.

My thing with DPI is it's probably the MOST subjective part of this setup and has the smallest impact on AA, when compared to everything else I've listed. However, this is also why I shared my story. I was totally against high DPI and felt it created too much jitter. I've learned to fine tune around it though for best AA performance with minimal boost. The key for me is "Do all you can First, then add Boost if it's not enough!" Boost should be avoided if at all possible. As should Steady Aim and curves.

Higher DPI helps me accomplish that goal, even if it is a small difference. My point is you can adapt as I have, but you don't have too. Especially if AA isn't that big of a deal for you. When I was running at 4000 dpi (which I did for a few years), I disliked 12000 dpi. It felt too jittery. Now that I've become accustomed to 12000 DPI I feel the complete opposite. When I use 4000 DPI it feels floaty and less responsive.

At the end of the day though, if you guys are set on using a certain DPI then do it. Use the other tools to make it work for you. 12000 dpi isn't a "Must" it's just an option that helps me minimize Boost just a little bit more. If you have an unsteady hand then it can be problematic at first. But if you learn to dial in your sensitivity, It doesn't feel much different then other DPI settings, just more responsive IMO. But it is harder to find your sensitivity sweet spot at higher DPI, that's true!
ADVANCED SETUPS