XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 98093 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup (20181210)
« Reply #510 on: 06:40 AM - 12/13/18 »
Did you update the Multiplayer code as well since the patch? Thanks!

Yes, these were my only changes.

I honestly couldn't feel a difference between 1x and 4x. I could definitely feel .75 though.

Here's what I'm currently using with Multiplayer. Haven't had time for Blackout yet and it takes longer to setup.

Left in game settings at basically default.
Sensitivity - Insane
ADS 1x
Zoom 1x
Aim Assist on
12000 dpi, 1000 polling
Apex 1000hz
Sync Off
Hip - 68
Smoothing - 3
Ads - 48
Smoothing - 3
Ads delay - 400 (Smooth Aim Transition Off)
Boost - 1000 (not sure why, but this just felt better tonight. Strictly ARs and SMGs, no snipers. For snipers no boost and 40 Ads sens.)

That's it, was working great for me tonight. They seem to have smoothed out the aim transition in game so SAT doesn't feel needed anymore.

Can we adjust the in game zoom sensitivity to get a little bit of tuning for sniping without having to have a seperate Xim sniper setup? Can this be used to lessen the need to have a seperate profile with boost turned off and sensitivity slightly lowered.

Eg. would turning zoom down to 0.75x simply lower sniping sensitivity to 75% (25% reduction) of our Xim ADS setting. That obviously is a big jump and doesn’t give much fine tuning. If was using in game ADS 4x instead of 1x would this allow for a bit more fine tuning. That way could set zoom at 3.5x with ADS at 4x for a less dramatic reduction (12.5% reduction instead of 25%).

Hope that rambling made some sense. Been absolutely loving you setups for Black Ops 4 every step of the way.

Don't know if you saw my update for Blackout. I did lower High Zoom to 75% and then compensated for this by Lowering Boost for better Micros and slightly raising ADS sensitivity in XIM to offset the 25% decrease in zoom. If you noticed for Multiplayer my sens was 48, 48/8 = 6. My ADS sensitivity in Blackout is 6.75. Here are the changes to Blackout (incase you missed it. I know this thread is busy and it's hard to keep up lol, trust me... I KNOW!  :)

I just updated the OP with a new code for Blackout on 20181204 firmware/manager.

Here's the base settings for those of you that already have it.

In game settings.
Sens - 14 insane
ADS - 1x
High Zoom - .75x

1000hz
Sync Default
Hip - 8.5
ADS - 6.75
ADS delay - 400ms (Smooth Aim OFF)
Boost - 400

I don't use Steady Aim @#$% it and neither should you! (Just my opinion)

So RML, are we going to recieve an update for your excelent setup in BO4?

They're both done and codes are updated, incase you missed it.  :P

Bots in privates have same AA like opponent in MP?

For the most part, YES! The only difference really is Strafing and other quick movements that can effect AA. That's why I said it's best to practice against a buddy in privates, but Bots will do. Then you'll have to fine tune in Multi. If you're only going against bots, my general rule of thumb is to add 10-25% more Boost to Multiplayer. Bots in multiplayer are very good for setting up your settings for Blackout and I typically don't change a thing there.

Another tip, when going against bots. I use a small map like "Nuke town" for practice when setting up for Multi and the bigger map "Ice Breaker" for setting up Blackout.

You using same settings with new update? Also does a lower boost help with sniping accuracy movement is fast sometimes with scope but not with a red dot.

I fixed this with the latest Blackout update. The settings are quoted above (you must've missed it, see a trend here folks?). I get it though, but please try to help me out here a little guys.

Thanks...  Cheers!

RML

« Last Edit: 07:08 AM - 12/13/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline dexter1134

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 12:59 PM - 12/13/18 »
If I'm playing on a much lower dpi like 3500 and a much lower sens, what settings can you suggest for me to adjust? Like what should I look to lower or increase in the xim settings to match yours.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 02:43 PM - 12/13/18 »
If I'm playing on a much lower dpi like 3500 and a much lower sens, what settings can you suggest for me to adjust? Like what should I look to lower or increase in the xim settings to match yours.

If you're using both Lower DPI and Lower Sensitivity, then there's no way for you to match my settings without a curve. And all that curve will be doing is pretty much raising your sensitivity. So that wouldn't even make much sense.

If your question is.. How do I lower Sensitivity and DPI and yet still overcome Aim Assist?

Then the answer is... You've just made the issue much more difficult to over come. So you need either ALOT of Boost (which will negatively affect micro movements) or an aggressive curve (which will add acceleration).

I explained this in the OP, but I use 12000 dpi because it helps over come AA a little. I use SYNC OFF, because it helps over come AA a little, I use 1000hz. because it helps over come AA a little. Then I use Boost to do the rest.

The objective would be to use as little Boost as possible because its the only one of these that will have a negative impact on Linear movement. I've taken all of these things into account, and came up with the settings I've shared. The goal being to make Aim Assist feel more manageable without degrading linear and micro movements to noticeably.

Morale of the story... The more you lower DPI and Sensitivity, the more you have to compensate with curves and boost if Aim Assist is too strong. I understand wanting to use lower DPI, I honestly Used to be "That Guy!" Od1n and myself were probably the biggest "known members" here that have spoken this way. I swore on 4000 dpi! That was my thing with my Destiny Setup. 4000 DPI, that's because I grew up with it. 12000 dpi felt jittery to me.

Then APEX came along. As an Alpha tester I was committed to test and trial running at 1000hz. At first this felt pretty Jittery to me and I had some real concerns about the quality of performance. But after about a week of playing at 1000hz. and after I realized how much better Aim Assist felt to me while playing at 1000hz. I was completely sold that this is the future of XIM! It takes performance up a few notches, it's more responsive, it cuts through AA better!

Then HE4DHUNTER convinced me to do something I swore I NEVER would do, convert to 12000 DPI. Again, at first this felt jittery to me as much or more so then 1000hz. But I learned to dial in my sensitivity with these new settings and my G502. I learned to steady my hand a little. Now, I won't stray from 12000 DPI either.

(If you don't know who HE4DHUNTER is, watch any of the Admin videos advertising a XIM product since EDGE, if it's COD, then it's HH behind the mouse. The guy is the best XIM COD player on the planet, period!)

My point is. I do these things for a reason. It made sense to me to alter my style and switch to 12000 dpi because I liked how it made AA feel for me when compared to lower DPI settings.

Aim Assist has always been my one and only Nemesis ever since I bought my first XIM and it seems to be just getting stronger with most games. So what you see in my setup is quite literally an evolution of my gaming style over the last 5 years (maybe more)! But it was a necessity for me personally. In order to make AA work for me, to my expectations and still keep linear movement as crisp and clean as possible. This setup is what I had to do.

That being said, everyone is different. This is the story behind my setup. You asked what you could do to match my settings. I don't know how to explain that to you without sharing my journey. So sorry for the long winded, ba,blah,ba blah. But that's my answer. Lol

Cheers!
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline jeffpaw96

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 04:22 PM - 12/13/18 »
Hey, I have not had a chance to get on BO4 since the update. Does the new high zoom slider affect multiplayer or only certain blackout scopes? Thanks
« Last Edit: 06:03 PM - 12/13/18 by jeffpaw96 »

Offline S13002931

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: S13002932
« Reply #514 on: 04:43 PM - 12/13/18 »
People using low dpi   think   aim assist will turn into aimbot   which is  stupid.    12k dpi on hard pad 1k polling is   future :)
PS4 Pro 1tb SSD, 2tb hdd |Xim Apex 1000hz|Titan Two|Swiftpoint Z Mouse|Logitech G Pro wireless  16k dpi|Logitech G440 hardpad|Corsair K63 TKL keyboard |4k Samsung Uh750 27.9" monitor|Blue Yeti microphone|X-rocker pro 2.1 gaming chair 2016 model|Netduma R1 router♡ Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset♡Azeron Compact keypad  (expected to be delivered in March)  you really read all that ? :)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 05:39 PM - 12/13/18 »

Hey, I have not had a chance to get on BO4 since the update. Does the new high zoom slider affect multiplayer or only certain blackout scopes? Thanks

Guys, please refrain from quoting the OP... holy cow! Thanks!

To answer the question. The high zoom adjustment only effects sniper scopes. 2 - 4x are not affected. Also, the ADS adjustment only effects turn speed if set lower then 1x. Otherwise 1x feels exactly like 4x. This is because they didn't increase the turn speed. All they did was cater to controller players that play on lower sensitivities. Now those players can adjust sensitivity higher or lower then Hip. We are already playing at max speed 14. It doesn't get any faster then that.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline bastyen

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 05:59 PM - 12/13/18 »

If you're using both Lower DPI and Lower Sensitivity, then there's no way for you to match my settings without a curve. And all that curve will be doing is pretty much raising your sensitivity. So that wouldn't even make much sense.

If your question is.. How do I lower Sensitivity and DPI and yet still overcome Aim Assist?

Then the answer is... You've just made the issue much more difficult to over come. So you need either ALOT of Boost (which will negatively affect micro movements) or an aggressive curve (which will add acceleration).

I explained this in the OP, but I use 12000 dpi because it helps over come AA a little. I use SYNC OFF, because it helps over come AA a little, I use 1000hz. because it helps over come AA a little. Then I use Boost to do the rest.

The objective would be to use as little Boost as possible because its the only one of these that will have a negative impact on Linear movement. I've taken all of these things into account, and came up with the settings I've shared. The goal being to make Aim Assist feel more manageable without degrading linear and micro movements to noticeably.

Morale of the story... The more you lower DPI and Sensitivity, the more you have to compensate with curves and boost if Aim Assist is too strong. I understand wanting to use lower DPI, I honestly Used to be "That Guy!" Od1n and myself were probably the biggest "known members" here that have spoken this way. I swore on 4000 dpi! That was my thing with my Destiny Setup. 4000 DPI, that's because I grew up with it. 12000 dpi felt jittery to me.

Then APEX came along. As an Alpha tester I was committed to test and trial running at 1000hz. At first this felt pretty Jittery to me and I had some real concerns about the quality of performance. But after about a week of playing at 1000hz. and after I realized how much better Aim Assist felt to me while playing at 1000hz. I was completely sold that this is the future of XIM! It takes performance up a few notches, it's more responsive, it cuts through AA better!

Then HE4DHUNTER convinced me to do something I swore I NEVER would do, convert to 12000 DPI. Again, at first this felt jittery to me as much or more so then 1000hz. But I learned to dial in my sensitivity with these new settings and my G502. I learned to steady my hand a little. Now, I won't stray from 12000 DPI either.

(If you don't know who HE4DHUNTER is, watch any of the Admin videos advertising a XIM product since EDGE, if it's COD, then it's HH behind the mouse. The guy is the best XIM COD player on the planet, period!)

My point is. I do these things for a reason. It made sense to me to alter my style and switch to 12000 dpi because I liked how it made AA feel for me when compared to lower DPI settings.

Aim Assist has always been my one and only Nemesis ever since I bought my first XIM and it seems to be just getting stronger with most games. So what you see in my setup is quite literally an evolution of my gaming style over the last 5 years (maybe more)! But it was a necessity for me personally. In order to make AA work for me, to my expectations and still keep linear movement as crisp and clean as possible. This setup is what I had to do.

That being said, everyone is different. This is the story behind my setup. You asked what you could do to match my settings. I don't know how to explain that to you without sharing my journey. So sorry for the long winded, ba,blah,ba blah. But that's my answer. Lol

Cheers!

Hello RML,
I have a roccat tyon and the max dpi is 8200
So, can I use your settings and just adjust the ADS and HIP sensitivity or it is more complex ?
Regards
S

Offline CameronMC

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 06:05 PM - 12/13/18 »
HE4DHUNTER was known to use Sync Off for World War 2 CoD but I wonder what his Sync would have been for Blackout, only asking because I only play Blackout.. currently using Default Sync and it works great.

But I mean he is the XIM GOD so there must have been a reason for Sync Off

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: 06:11 PM - 12/13/18 »
Hello RML,
I have a roccat tyon and the max dpi is 8200
So, can I use your settings and just adjust the ADS and HIP sensitivity or it is more complex ?
Regards
S

Yes you can, you will feel slightly more Aim Assist then I do. However, you never know, that may be your sweet spot. Most seem to like slightly more AA then I do. If AA is too weak or strong, then lower or raise the Boost value 100 at a time until it feels acceptable to you. Then fine tune boost by 50 at a time from there.

HE4DHUNTER was known to use Sync Off for World War 2 CoD but I wonder what his Sync would have been for Blackout, only asking because I only play Blackout.. currently using Default Sync and it works great.

But I mean he is the XIM GOD so there must have been a reason for Sync Off

Same reason he used 12000 dpi... it's more responsive and cuts through Aim Assist better then other settings without Boost or Curves.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline ianscott87

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ian_scott87
« Reply #519 on: 06:21 PM - 12/13/18 »
Sorry for my english i'm French but the France topic is dead 😭
I have some questions
Config for Apex is the same for Xim4 or there are some différences ? I've got the xim4
What is better low DPI ex 800 or High DPI 12000 (G502) ?
Someone can give me the better config (mouse configuration and curve) ?
Thanks a lot for your help 👍

Offline letshoot

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mwir
« Reply #520 on: 06:31 PM - 12/13/18 »
Hey RML, why should we turn SAT off now it feels fine on. Is there something we need to know?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 06:39 PM - 12/13/18 »
Sorry for my english i'm French but the France topic is dead 😭
I have some questions
Config for Apex is the same for Xim4 or there are some différences ? I've got the xim4
What is better low DPI ex 800 or High DPI 12000 (G502) ?
Someone can give me the better config (mouse configuration and curve) ?
Thanks a lot for your help 👍

Read through the OP for my take. For other opinions you'll have to search the forum.

Hey RML, why should we turn SAT off now it feels fine on. Is there something we need to know?

You can leave it if you want, I don't think it truly matters. I did feel a couple of times I had this weird lurch in movement during the ADS transition when Aiming at a target from certain angles in CQC. I'm not sure it's related to SAT, it's more then likely a flaw with the games look mechanic. But I haven't experienced it so far with SAT disabled.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline letshoot

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: mwir
« Reply #522 on: 06:44 PM - 12/13/18 »
thanks man lastly should i keep my ads delay at 400 or the games default which is 224?

i dont noticed a difference

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Get Like Obz
« Reply #523 on: 06:48 PM - 12/13/18 »
Great Work RML!

This setup has been the best pc feel experience I have had to date! I have always ran max dpi and felt it worked better for me since xim3 days. Had the G502 "12000 dpi" for a while and decided to look into a similar mouse with a little higher dpi and there it was. Just picked up a G502 Hero which is at 16000 dpi and works better in my experience.The AA is still there. Can even breakout of the AA bubble better. I highly recommend it! Cheers!

Offline another1ne

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 07:05 PM - 12/13/18 »
People using low dpi   think   aim assist will turn into aimbot   which is  stupid.    12k dpi on hard pad 1k polling is   future :)

my mouse only goes to 3200 dpi... and i will not change mice. zowie ec2a is $$$$