XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 105907 times)

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: xiiProG_NiTROiix
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup (Updated 20181126)
« Reply #225 on: 10:58 AM - 11/28/18 »
Very interesting i may give this a try in overwatch and tweek to my liking. Also do you use a very high sens if you play on your couch? Also a life hack if you ever want to switch to keyboard is to get a lap desk. Il link a cheap one below. The width is 55cm and if you got a 10 keyless keyboard they are around 37cm long so you would have enough space for an 18cm 360. You could of course also use one of the smaller keyboard devices.
Mainly play overwatch
Generally high master low gm ☺

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 11:04 AM - 11/28/18 »
these feel so smooth. im a low sens player playing on 3600 DPI and didnt even change hip/ads numbers and its just not right the amount of domination!

Yeah OBsIV really nailed it bringing Boost to Apex. I noticed this previously with my old setup where I was changing the first value of the linear scale (which was simulating boost). But this makes it much easier and user friendly.

1000hz + Sync Off + 400 Boost = Near perfect aim and tracking in BO4. Boost never felt this good with Xim4 and I never liked it running at 125hz. It just doesnít feel the same.

The really cool part is these settings transfer extremely well across A lot of games. Iím now using these exact settings with every COD and BF game I have. The only thing I have to adj. is sensitivity.

The only game series that needs a different Boost value is Destiny and Iím currently ironing that out.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #227 on: 11:09 AM - 11/28/18 »
these feel so smooth. im a low sens player playing on 3600 DPI and didnt even change hip/ads numbers and its just not right the amount of domination!

Yeah OBsIV really nailed it bringing Boost to Apex. I noticed this previously with my old setup where I was changing the first value of the linear scale (which was simulating boost). But this makes it much easier and user friendly.

1000hz + Sync Off + 400 Boost = Near perfect aim and tracking in BO4. Boost never felt this good with Xim4 and I never liked it running at 125hz. It just doesnít feel the same.

The really cool part is these settings transfer extremely well across A lot of games. Iím now using these exact settings with every COD and BF game I have. The only thing I have to adj. is sensitivity.

The only game series that needs a different Boost value is Destiny and Iím currently ironing that out.
How would Fortnite run with these settings? Did you try?
Gonna try later, blackout felt great

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 11:19 AM - 11/28/18 »
Very interesting i may give this a try in overwatch and tweek to my liking. Also do you use a very high sens if you play on your couch? Also a life hack if you ever want to switch to keyboard is to get a lap desk. Il link a cheap one below. The width is 55cm and if you got a 10 keyless keyboard they are around 37cm long so you would have enough space for an 18cm 360. You could of course also use one of the smaller keyboard devices.

Thanks, Iíve tried lap desks in the past and it just doesnít work for me. I even built my own lol. I just really like to chill when playing games. Iím competitive but not super competitive. I build these setups just to compete with all you young bucks. Iím really not that great of a player. Primarily because I canít stick to any one game. I get burned out after a few weeks and bounce around. I often wonder though how many of you beat me with my own advice lol.. but I take it as a compliment. I know my settings can make an average player (like me) really good. I can only imagine what they do for a great player!

Iím just an old dude chillin on the couch!  8)

So if you kill a dude named RockyMtn Legend.. give props please!

:-*
« Last Edit: 11:23 AM - 11/28/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 11:42 AM - 11/28/18 »
Il look out for you 😂😂. You sound very similar to a guy i play with often he hses a 50 inch tv and likes to chill while gaming. Its just not me monitor and desk all the way for shooters.

Also on a more important note do you not feel less accurate with a boost value on? Iv never liked the idea of adding acceleration to micromovements as it makes sense that it would lead to more inacuracy. Also what range of boost would you suggest for overwatch being that it is basically a purely hipfire game?
Mainly play overwatch

Offline ORG

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 11:58 AM - 11/28/18 »
RML the new settings are off the charts man, holy cow! You're right its definitely Pee Pee city for the other team though lol.

Thank you!!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 12:19 PM - 11/28/18 »
Il look out for you 😂😂. You sound very similar to a guy i play with often he hses a 50 inch tv and likes to chill while gaming. Its just not me monitor and desk all the way for shooters.

Also on a more important note do you not feel less accurate with a boost value on? Iv never liked the idea of adding acceleration to micromovements as it makes sense that it would lead to more inacuracy. Also what range of boost would you suggest for overwatch being that it is basically a purely hipfire game?

1st off, donít underestimate the couch setup! Lol.. did you look at my setup in my sig? TV pfft.. Why would I use one of those?  ;)

I do need to upgrade the monitor, just waiting for a good 4K HDR though. Weíre getting close!

About Boost, like I said prior. With XIM4 I wouldnít touch it. With Apex though running at 1000hz and Sync off, it feels completely different. Will boost destroy micro movements? Yes but only when over used. I find 400 to be the sweet spot. It changes micro a little but not too bad IMO. The reward outweighs the risk, again, IMO. Do I feel less accurate? Hell no, I feel way more accurate because I can actually track targets and move around in the hit box without running my sensitivity through the roof.

As for Overwatch, I couldnít say. I know 400 works really well with all COD and BF games but itís not enough for Destiny 2. I havenít tried it with Forts N Kites or Overwatch.

RML the new settings are off the charts man, holy cow! You're right its definitely Pee Pee city for the other team though lol.

Thank you!!

Youíre welcome Bro
« Last Edit: 12:23 PM - 11/28/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 12:33 PM - 11/28/18 »
Thanks for the reply iv gotta give this more of a test. I mainly stayed away from off sync since the new update as i figured the fact you need smoothing for off sync to be effective wasnt worth it any longer.

On another note ever thought of uploading random gameplays with xim i know that i would be interested to watch regardless of ability none of us are pros. Antithesis is starting streaming soon and od1n uploads his own gameplay every now and then. Its nice to see the OG xim gods playing ☺
Mainly play overwatch

Offline agthomps

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 12:38 PM - 11/28/18 »
THANKS RML

Really like the new settings!!!!! I mainly play Hardcore KC, is it me or is the hip fire trash compared to other CODS... I could literally be behind/infront and missing shots... I run n gun!! this is getting frustrating LMAO!!!! sorry just venting!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 12:41 PM - 11/28/18 »
If too much Aim Assist is your problem the 1st place you should probably start is Sync Off. AA gets considerably stronger with every other Sync setting with Low (30 FPS) being the strongest!

With smoothing set between 3-5 micros are much better but it does slightly add AA. IMO I hardly ever need to make such a fine shot that Sync Off is an issue. But thatís why smoothing is set to 3, that game me just enough to hit 99% of my shots in Blackout. In regular multiplayer You can turn smoothing completely off as it limits AA even more and isnít really needed in those modes. Itís primarily there for Blackout and I usually leave it as is just for consistency.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 12:48 PM - 11/28/18 »
THANKS RML

Really like the new settings!!!!! I mainly play Hardcore KC, is it me or is the hip fire trash compared to other CODS... I could literally be behind/infront and missing shots... I run n gun!! this is getting frustrating LMAO!!!! sorry just venting!

Are you talking Aim Assist or bullet spread? They have put a HEAVY emphasis on attachments for better hip fire in this game. That being said, if you double up on laser attachments (on the classes that offer it) your Hip fire accuracy is almost as accurate as ADS fire.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline agthomps

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 12:53 PM - 11/28/18 »
Thanks for the fast response, I am talking about bullet spread.... I will try that double laser out on MX9...I had to bind ads+fire just to get the advantage...

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 01:17 PM - 11/28/18 »
Thanks for the fast response, I am talking about bullet spread.... I will try that double laser out on MX9...I had to bind ads+fire just to get the advantage...

No worries, Iím pretty much chillin today and have a lot of time to hang around.

Another tip guys, if Micro aiming is an issue then stay away from Steady Aim AT ALL COST! This is the worst setting you can use for fine aiming! I know that sounds backwards right? Steady Aim (sounds like it should help with fine aiming needs). Well if you like taking your circular movements and making them square then I guess it will. Because thatís exactly what SA does, itís like angle snapping.

Sad truth is, I used to use Angle Snapping with Logitech mice but I wouldnít touch it now. Besides, IMO Angle snapping worked better then SA does. Either way I wouldnít touch either if micro movements are an issue.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline N1TRO

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 01:33 PM - 11/28/18 »
To be fair a value of 1 or 2 steady aim is almost undisernable and feels very nice but i do agree that its probably not worth it in most games unless the aim assist has to much magnetism or is generally way to strong.
Mainly play overwatch

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 01:44 PM - 11/28/18 »
To be fair a value of 1 or 2 steady aim is almost undisernable and feels very nice but i do agree that its probably not worth it in most games unless the aim assist has to much magnetism or is generally way to strong.

I was talking pure micro movements, it can help with AA. After testing both though I personally find boost more effective and the better option. I didnít feel like SA was doing much of anything until it was destroying micro movements.
ADVANCED SETUPS