XIM Community

BO4: Advanced Setup (Update 20190811)  (Read 99057 times)

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup/Advice (Updated 10/18/18)
« Reply #75 on: 03:00 AM - 10/19/18 »
Hi, good work on this one RML creds to you! Question: I am always using toggle ads not hold to ads. Will this cause any problems with your settings? And is ads delay neccessary? Sry for bad english
(And if anyone on the Xbox want to play some blackout on EU server, feel free to add me GT: LnZane HD or msg me here)
Xbox One X   XIM APEX   Glorious O

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #76 on: 04:08 AM - 10/19/18 »
RML, dunno if you saw my previous message, but would my sensitivities be the same as yours if I'm using the XIM4? I use 12K DPI too.
And do you use cloth or hard pad. Finding cloth better for this game.

Offline destined1ne

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 05:07 AM - 10/19/18 »
I love this config! Thanks for sharing.
The only thing is that the gliding/wingsuit is still slow for me. Any advice?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 06:45 AM - 10/19/18 »
Hi, good work on this one RML creds to you! Question: I am always using toggle ads not hold to ads. Will this cause any problems with your settings? And is ads delay neccessary? Sry for bad english
(And if anyone on the Xbox want to play some blackout on EU server, feel free to add me GT: LnZane HD or msg me here)

Toggle won't be an issue, ADS delay can help with smoothing out the transition from HIP to ADS. COD is the only game on the market that uses an ADS delay that I'm aware of. What it does is the game has Two built in look mechanics, one for HIP and one for ADS. The transition from Hip to ADS has a delay built in and this delay will vary depending on what weapon/attachments you have equipped. So when you click the button to ADS the game waits a certain amount of time before changing the look mech. We have to manually try to figure this out by entering a delay setting. We do this because HIP and ADS are different. So if you transition from the Hip Translator to the ADS translator before or after the game mechanic has already transitioned, you may experience a sudden slowdown or lurch in movement, depending on your HIP vs. ADS sensitivity. So the goal here is to have your XIM transition from the HIP ST to the ADS ST at the same time as the games built in look mechanic. Hope that makes sense! Ugh.... lol

RML, dunno if you saw my previous message, but would my sensitivities be the same as yours if I'm using the XIM4? I use 12K DPI too.
And do you use cloth or hard pad. Finding cloth better for this game.

Hey Taktikz, I missed it sry. The answer is no, I'm playing on Common settings (60fps) XIM4 runs at 125. So you'll have to pretty much double your sensitivity. Also I'm using 1000hz. I don't know if that's still an issue when compared to 125hz. or if OBsIV fixed that. I haven't strayed from 1000hz. since last year during testing. Maybe others that alternate more can answer. I think it would be pretty obvious though if your sensitivity feels really slow or fast. Then it's out of whack!

I love this config! Thanks for sharing.
The only thing is that the gliding/wingsuit is still slow for me. Any advice?

Are you utilizing Turn Assist? If you are and you're still not happy then raise your sensitivity until it feels better. However, you cannot exceed the games built in turn speed limit. So at some point, that's as fast as you're going to get. Your XIM will tell you by Flashing red insanely fast!

I'm adding A new trick I use for fast menu navigation to the OP. After using these settings for a few hours (yes I had to get used to it) I can honestly say, It's a game changer if you haven't been using the quick menu in the past.

IDK maybe I'm late to the party Lol.. but I was always doing one of two things when looting.

1. Pick it up and then at some point hit the menu button "Start" and then stand there while I equip or attach the item.
2. Change my weapon and then pick up the attachment so that it would automatically attach to the weapon that I wanted.

Either way I was wasting valuable looting time and often standing around going through my inventory like a sitting duck! I've now fixed that by finally finding a button combination that works well for me to use the quick menu.

So here it is. I'm using the G502.

Scroll Up = Dpad up
Scroll wheel right = Dpad right
Scroll Wheel Left = Dpad left
Forward Button = Dpad down

This allows me to control the quick navigation menu without standing around like an idiot! I can manipulate my entire inventory while running around the map. The only thing you CANNOT do is pick up more Loot while the quick menu is open.

This is a game changer folks. If you haven't been doing this, DO IT!!

CHEERS!
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline neopaxxx

• View Profile
Re: BO4 My Advanced Setup/Advice (Updated 10/19/18)
« Reply #79 on: 10:14 AM - 10/19/18 »
The mouse wheel right and left click (pan?) works not correctly with my g502. It seems that there is a type of delay after clicking, I canít switch fast between right and left.

Offline Gaben22

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Multipletooth18
« Reply #80 on: 01:26 PM - 10/19/18 »
The mouse wheel right and left click (pan?) works not correctly with my g502. It seems that there is a type of delay after clicking, I canít switch fast between right and left.

Mine seems to do this also g502. The left, right pan sometimes even fails to register but definitely a delay when it does. Kinda hafta use pan button wait .5 sec to see if it works, if it does, it feels like you hafta wait a brief moment before using pan button again.
On the other hand scroll wheel up and down is currently set for my left and right and is for sure half of the game changer plans for looting. Just wish I could get the pan buttons to work as well for some of the quick menu options. I still find myself having to open inventory to activate some perks, attachment, ect.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 02:00 PM - 10/19/18 »
Strange mine seems to work fine. You could make an alternate profile and use whatever buttons you want.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 03:35 PM - 10/19/18 »
I noticed od1n has a cool new setup idea too that you may want to try. Check out his BO4 configuration here.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=71224.0

BTW.. any mod feel free to move my setup to the shared config thread, if you would please.

I just noticed that such a thing even existed! Lol
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 04:39 PM - 10/19/18 »

Mine has always done this, and even my  new G502 Hero if I use the default pan assignments.  Change them to KB buttons and it'll work fine.  I never understood why the default Pan buttons had issues.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 05:21 PM - 10/19/18 »

Mine has always done this, and even my  new G502 Hero if I use the default pan assignments.  Change them to KB buttons and it'll work fine.  I never understood why the default Pan buttons had issues.

Ahhh... That makes sense. Yeah I assign a KB button to Pan left and Pan right. Works fine.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline M1k3

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 05:50 PM - 10/19/18 »

Mine seems to do this also g502. The left, right pan sometimes even fails to register but definitely a delay when it does. Kinda hafta use pan button wait .5 sec to see if it works, if it does, it feels like you hafta wait a brief moment before using pan button again.
On the other hand scroll wheel up and down is currently set for my left and right and is for sure half of the game changer plans for looting. Just wish I could get the pan buttons to work as well for some of the quick menu options. I still find myself having to open inventory to activate some perks, attachment, ect.

I binded the Buttons 8 and 9 to scrollwheel left and right with the Logitech Software on my PC. Then bind 8+9 to d-Pad left+right in your xim settings. Since then there is no more delay

Offline neopaxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 12:52 AM - 10/20/18 »
The scroll wheel has no delay. Itís only while clicking the wheel to a site.

Offline Phoenix10

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 01:58 AM - 10/20/18 »
Hey RML
I noticed a big problem

I use your settings
On

Logitech G502
12.000 dpi
1000 hz
Aim assist on

Speed
Hip 6-8 most of the times 8
Ads 3

What problem i found
In most fast hip firing fights
My xim crash and i cant turn to follow the opponent
It stops and i cant move to the target..

Any idea?

P. S.
Also about wingsuit is there any way to be active only wile i hold its actovation button, and when i release it to go back to my normal config?
« Last Edit: 02:25 AM - 10/20/18 by Phoenix10 »

Offline M1k3

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 01:47 PM - 10/20/18 »
The scroll wheel has no delay. Itís only while clicking the wheel to a site.

Thats exactly what I tried to explain..
Scroll Wheel left Click = 8
Scroll Wheel right Click = 9
both binded in the Logitech Software to these buttons..

Edit:

But check out odins config. The idea to swipe left/right with mouse buttons left/right is much more comfortable and faster imho
« Last Edit: 02:18 PM - 10/20/18 by M1k3 »

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 03:13 PM - 10/20/18 »

What problem i found
In most fast hip firing fights
My xim crash and i cant turn to follow the opponent
It stops and i cant move to the target..

Any idea?

P. S.
Also about wingsuit is there any way to be active only wile i hold its actovation button, and when i release it to go back to my normal config?

Try curve 1.0 for Hip and you should fix that problem.

Wingsuit just unclick the toggle box for the config and then it' only be active while the button is held.

I also like Od1n's idea with menu navigation. The only draw back is it needs its own config.
ADVANCED SETUPS