XIM Community

XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181014] (**LATEST**)  (Read 6970 times)

Offline jayplay

• View Profile
Re: XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181014] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #30 on: 08:46 PM - 10/15/18 »
Does this update affect the fortnite BR profile or regular fortnite? Or does it affect both?

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10:19 PM - 10/15/18 »
Im publicly apologizing to misty and all mods and xim users here. I have been a whiny little @#$%. Im disabled from leg down and all i do is fortnite. Dont mean to bring my life into this but thank you 10000000x for making the game playable again.

I tried countless hours on pc but im not naturally talented like all you other gamers.
Xim helps me kill my days cause i dont leave the house like ever only for medical appointments.

Again i apologize for my impatience and selfishness. I would like donate some funds if i can to continue the fight for all of us who support and use the product.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10:43 PM - 10/15/18 »
Awesome.

There is a chance to make a roll-back update to go back to the Gold? -no Fortnite patch for all games-

I mean, on XIM4 we had that option.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #33 on: 10:48 PM - 10/15/18 »
Awesome.

There is a chance to make a roll-back update to go back to the Gold? -no Fortnite patch for all games-

This isn't for all games. If you are running a different game, it isn't used.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 10:50 PM - 10/15/18 »
Im publicly apologizing to misty and all mods and xim users here. I have been a whiny little @#$%. Im disabled from leg down and all i do is fortnite. Dont mean to bring my life into this but thank you 10000000x for making the game playable again.

I tried countless hours on pc but im not naturally talented like all you other gamers.
Xim helps me kill my days cause i dont leave the house like ever only for medical appointments.

Again i apologize for my impatience and selfishness. I would like donate some funds if i can to continue the fight for all of us who support and use the product.

One way you could help is to call out EPIC for locking out many people with disabilities from playing their game. Many people that can't use a controller that need accessibility aides are now affected.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline budderismehlehf

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: budderismehlehf
« Reply #35 on: 11:18 PM - 10/15/18 »
with this new firmware i am not able to use my keyboard and mouse, can anyone let me know what is causing this and if there is a fix? I use a 2014 razer blackwidow and a 2013 razer deathadder, if this helps.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #36 on: 01:09 AM - 10/16/18 »

One way you could help is to call out EPIC for locking out many people with disabilities from playing their game. Many people that can't use a controller that need accessibility aides are now affected.
Hereís what I emailed them bastards... I have nerve damage in one of hands caused from a bad car accident, I cannot use my Xbox controller anymore because I canít grip one side. I looked online to find someone that allows me to use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox to allow me play. I found a XIM4 online that would allow me to do that, now Iíve been getting kicked every 5 minutes and Iíve spent over 150$ on this game this is not fair. Xbox doesnít support mouse or keyboard and I donít have money to spend on a computer, or ps4. I read online youíre banning keyboard users but what are people with serious medical conditions on Xbox supposed to do? Especially the people that have spent hundreds of dollars on skins in the game and now we canít play without getting kicked out of a match every 5 minutes?

Offline ilcontro

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04:57 AM - 10/16/18 »
with this new firmware i am not able to use my keyboard and mouse, can anyone let me know what is causing this and if there is a fix? I use a 2014 razer blackwidow and a 2013 razer deathadder, if this helps.

did you fix it?
i'm having the same issue after the update.

« Last Edit: 05:22 AM - 10/16/18 by ilcontro »

Offline neosassin

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:10 AM - 10/16/18 »
Awesome.

This isn't for all games. If you are running a different game, it isn't used.

OBsIV,
so what you are saying is if I flash my xim4 with the beta firmware, the drift mod made to trick fortnite only affects the fortnite game? meaning if I play black ops with my black ops translator/settings using the beta firmware the drift mod made to trick fortnite is not present so when I press "w" in black ops it is a true straight movement and not an "a skewed" straight movement used to trick fortnite?

thanks,
neosassin
« Last Edit: 06:21 AM - 10/16/18 by neosassin »

Offline Xx GaMiinG xX

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xx GaMiinG xX
« Reply #39 on: 06:17 AM - 10/16/18 »
my community is still experiencing disconnection problems or strange travel but this is not the case for everyone. this last version has to solve problems of controllers that stop and freeze of the xim.

Are you talking about the PS4 disconnection issue? This is solved in this version.

disconnections persist even with this version for some and also report strange moves

Offline neat

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06:58 AM - 10/16/18 »
Played for an hour, and honestly it feels no different at all from before these issues started (I mean prior to the 'patch' that started kicking XIM users).

I didnt try the earlier Beta firmware but you've done a great job on this one from what I can tell since I thought it felt great today when i tried it.

Offline Cohl

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11:45 AM - 10/16/18 »
Has this firmware had success?  I've seen conflicting reviews after this morning patch.

Also, I saw an interesting idea on a reddit thread talking about keyboard input movement.  I know OB has been adding "drift" to the directional keys to emulate a more 360 degree motion but what about adding variable speed as well.

For example, if W is pressed instead of immediately going to full speed forward what if it slowly increased in speed?

Not sure that is even possible or some variation of modifying how quickly a direction accelerates.

Offline Jose Cruz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Curlyhornet
« Reply #42 on: 12:34 PM - 10/16/18 »
Do you have any knowlage about this last update of Fortnite (10/16 update) regarding the 10/14 beta firmware?

Still works?

I havent had the chance yo try it.

Best!!!!

Offline defmincex13

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:03 PM - 10/16/18 »
Have not tried Fortnite yet. But Destiny 2 with this firmware works as intended.

Offline mam034

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 01:18 PM - 10/16/18 »
it still does not work for me. played my first game after updating my xim and I got kicked out of the game