XIM Community

XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181014] (**LATEST**)  (Read 6994 times)

Offline Wolfstreik

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wolfstreik
  • PSN ID: Wolfstreik
Re: XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181014] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #15 on: 10:33 AM - 10/15/18 »
Played a few games i would say about 6 solo and really took close attention to changes. The straffing was slightly reduced still noticable, however if ever in a menu you hit w, and s quickly it would move to the left or right on its own this was included while straffing, also the buttons did have a delay when switching quickly such as when pressing triangle to switch to pickaxe as well as circle when going to build mode sometimes it would double press or even hold, which has never happened before i even did a full factory reset when installing to make sure it wasnt using other updates.

Offline Player2012

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:27 AM - 10/15/18 »
Played a few games i would say about 6 solo and really took close attention to changes. The straffing was slightly reduced still noticable, however if ever in a menu you hit w, and s quickly it would move to the left or right on its own this was included while straffing, also the buttons did have a delay when switching quickly such as when pressing triangle to switch to pickaxe as well as circle when going to build mode sometimes it would double press or even hold, which has never happened before i even did a full factory reset when installing to make sure it wasnt using other updates.
Same here. lost a couple of fights because of the circle delay.

Offline leigh44

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: leigh44
« Reply #17 on: 11:39 AM - 10/15/18 »
Hi guys

Really appreciating the effort your putting in.

I am still receiving disconnects 3 minutes into the game. I have installed all the new firmware correctly. And am running on my standard PS4. Am I missing anything? I even tried creating a fresh config.

Iíd also like to point out itís normally directly after I get a kill.
« Last Edit: 11:46 AM - 10/15/18 by leigh44 »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 11:55 AM - 10/15/18 »
Hi guys

I am still receiving disconnects 3 minutes into the game. I have installed all the new firmware correctly. And am running on my standard PS4. Am I missing anything? I even tried creating a fresh config.

Did this happen with the prior build? Also, if you don't kill anyone within the 3 minutes, does it happen?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline leigh44

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:35 PM - 10/15/18 »
Unfortunately the previous build didnít fix this either. However canít test the getting kill thing right now I will let you know though. Bit confused how this works for some and not others? Iíve updated the firmware and I get a message saying itís up to date. Trying to work out whatís going wrong.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #20 on: 12:55 PM - 10/15/18 »
Unfortunately the previous build didnít fix this either. However canít test the getting kill thing right now I will let you know though. Bit confused how this works for some and not others? Iíve updated the firmware and I get a message saying itís up to date. Trying to work out whatís going wrong.

Do you typically hold down a movement button for a long time?

Offline Xerati

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Yolofresh
« Reply #21 on: 02:06 PM - 10/15/18 »
Hi guys

Assuming the possibility that you upgraded incorrectly, and just to cover the bases - go to your XIM app and select "About" from the drop down menu. It will confirm if your firmware build is on 10.14.18

Offline leigh44

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02:47 PM - 10/15/18 »
Yes I do hold down my movement buttons for a long time. And quite frequently press multiple at once. And yes it says my firmware is up to date. As well as when I try to update it again it says that the xim is up to date also.  I have a feeling itís something to do with my movements.

Also wondering if itís something to do with the flicks of the mouse. Iíve been playing pc games for a long time, and occasionally find myself disconnecting directly after a kill and more specifically flick shots. Ones that would seem a lot harder using a controller.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 02:54 PM - 10/15/18 »
Yes I do hold down my movement buttons for a long time. And quite frequently press multiple at once. And yes it says my firmware is up to date. As well as when I try to update it again it says that the xim is up to date also.  I have a feeling itís something to do with my movements.

Also wondering if itís something to do with the flicks of the mouse. Iíve been playing pc games for a long time, and occasionally find myself disconnecting directly after a kill and more specifically flick shots. Ones that would seem a lot harder using a controller.

It's not how you are using your mouse. Try for the first 3 minutes not to hold a single button for a long time but let go or switch between them frequently and let us know if there is any change. That'll help a lot to know that.

Offline Jose Cruz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Curlyhornet
« Reply #24 on: 03:20 PM - 10/15/18 »
Played for 40 min and no issues.
Thanks to all the devs.

PS4
Razer tartarus
Razer Deathadder

The "guy" did not run to the left nor the right. Just straight.

Thanks again!

Thanks! Were you getting PS4 disconnects before?

Hi!!

Did not happened to me with the first firmware...

Ive been playing for 2 hours right now and no problem...

Just perfect.

Best,

Offline Tonito

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:32 PM - 10/15/18 »
G402
KeysZ 300

Playing 2 hours and no kick , is going a bit to the right when you go straight but u understand is for fornite for kick , good job and thank you for the rush update !

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:21 PM - 10/15/18 »
Not affected by this as I don't n play Fortnite but I'm curious to know the technical reasons why an issue like this would even occur.  As well with the odd strafe movement people are experiencing.

Offline Zero_Cool

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:32 PM - 10/15/18 »
Thanks for your hard work!! up and running for me no more freezing after 10 min.

Cheers!

Offline Relys

• MVP
  • Master of Computer Science
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Relys
  • PSN ID: Relys
« Reply #28 on: 05:22 PM - 10/15/18 »
Hey OBsIV,

From my understanding of the problem Fortnite will detect left joystick patterns that don't appear to be analog (e.g. 100% stick position instantly). To bypass this, you create a curve to correctly emulate the analog nature of the joystick when you press the key binding. My question is, have you thought about implementing the same bypass for the Left and Right analog triggers as well to avoid future detection algorithms? Also, have you thought about creating an option to toggle the bypass on in only game profiles that require it?

Thanks for all your hard work.
The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.

Offline bobalou

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06:36 PM - 10/15/18 »
Updated today and so far so good. No kicks or control dropout. I agree with others that movement is a little off but hell at least I can play again!

Thanks again for your hard work and rapid response to the problem. Also thanks for the fast responses on the forum as well. Truly some of the best customer service I have ever seen.