XIM Community

“Xim is cheating” “Xim users should be banned” etc  (Read 1926 times)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
Re: “Xim is cheating” “Xim users should be banned” etc
« Reply #15 on: 03:37 AM - 10/15/18 »
What made the other poster think “now it is”?
Were you here for all the fortnight drama that has been going on the last few days? No one could use mouse and keyboard with XIM in fortnight because Epic Games implemented mouse and keyboard detection measures. OBsIV & Co had to scramble to make a patch that got around Epic’s mouse & keyboard detector

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 04:34 AM - 10/15/18 »
Were you here for all the fortnight drama that has been going on the last few days? No one could use mouse and keyboard with XIM in fortnight because Epic Games implemented mouse and keyboard detection measures. OBsIV & Co had to scramble to make a patch that got around Epic’s mouse & keyboard detector
It wasn't a scramble, it was enabling code that already existed for this scenario, then taking time to adjust it so it didn't feel as janky. I'm sure other m/kb adapter providers are still madly scrambling to get back into Fortnite :)
Official Australian distributor for XIM Apex, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04:38 AM - 10/15/18 »
It wasn't a scramble, it was enabling code that already existed for this scenario, then taking time to adjust it so it didn't feel as janky. I'm sure other m/kb adapter providers are still madly scrambling to get back into Fortnite :)
Well regardless XIM team did a fantastic job, I’m proud to own the best M&K adapter on the planet :D

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #18 on: 06:03 AM - 10/15/18 »
Sooooo, patched.   OB is good like that....

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:11 AM - 10/15/18 »
I’m going to copy over a few hilariously upset and delusional comments from the PUBG Reddit just because they’re that funny

“They should just publicly humiliate them. Silently track them for a month.  Then release a list of known cheaters.

This is wonderful, maybe even force them to wear certain clothes too lmfao

Ya that would be awesome.  Loud shackles for pants that gave away ur location.

Haha, or like a dunce hat, but a huge keyboard and mouse.”

“MS needs to covertly find a way to just brick any Xbox using a XIM.”

How can you get this angry and desperate for vindication over the input someone uses in a video game? This is what happens when you spend your entire childhood inside and have the emotional development of a 14 year old

Offline 1me

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:17 AM - 10/15/18 »
I wonder why some people have to brag about using a xim so much. I don't think xim is cheating, but you do get a really good advantage over controller players, especially in fps games where you have lots of midrange and long distance fights (PUBG, Blackout).

I wouldn't take the ability to play MK through 3rd party adaptors on console for granted, making fun of controller players who are (correctly) pointing out a more or less severe balancing issue is extremly retarded. That will only harm xim on the long run.

Offline Tosa

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Peacefulwanderer
« Reply #21 on: 01:36 PM - 10/15/18 »
My biggest fear is, now that Xim is detectable, does it mean that we are going to be able to be banned in the future for using it?

XIM IS NOT DETECTABLE

So xim users were kicked for what reason then?

Offline P4 Brotagonist

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: P4_Brotagonist
« Reply #22 on: 09:21 PM - 10/15/18 »
I wonder why some people have to brag about using a xim so much. I don't think xim is cheating, but you do get a really good advantage over controller players, especially in fps games where you have lots of midrange and long distance fights (PUBG, Blackout).

I wouldn't take the ability to play MK through 3rd party adaptors on console for granted, making fun of controller players who are (correctly) pointing out a more or less severe balancing issue is extremly retarded. That will only harm xim on the long run.

I've posted the same argument before, and I'll have to keep arguing it. There are many problems with controller emulation for KB+M that kind of screw you up. The most obvious is turn speed, but less obvious are excruciating button pressing on a KB that are way more natural on controller(the interface for CoD Blackout being an obvious one holy @#$%). The turn speed one is a huge one, as if you are a vet PC player, you will hit that turn speed alert 90% of the time until you "retrain" yourself to slow down and not be as fast. That alone is a huge issue, but it gets way worse when it comes to aiming down sights. The turn speed limits on those are absolutely punishing and still gets me killed more than I would admit as a vet Xim user. 

On top of that, the aim assist issue is always going to suck. Since turn speed is so harsh on console, they have "turn assist" on console which makes you automatically turn to follow other players near your line of sight. Obviously this is in conjunction with the slowdown assist as well when you aim over someone, and you REALLY don't want that with a mouse. The problem is that when the games are designed to have the turn assist, you will get absolutely @#$% close range without the turn assist by controller players turning faster than the game allow. Even WITHOUT that, the turn assist is so strong that for CoD BO3 many PC players complained endlessly about controller players since they had such a massive leg up on KB+M players at close range. When you can effortlessly strafe around something while the game keeps your aim on target for you, you will crap on people who have to use effort to do the same. It was actually one of the most requested PC features for BO4 to remove controller aim assist on PC. It's that strong. Now, you can turn off all aim assist which stops the slowdown assist, but you lose the turn assist. This means close range you will get bodied nearly every time. You could also keep it on, but then struggle with slowdown assist. There is no perfect solution(besides CoD WW2 had the option to toggle either individually).  You will always have something working against you with KB+M on console.

So long story short, you will will 10/10 gunfights at range with KB+m against controller but get obliterated nearly every time at point blank range to a controller user.

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #23 on: 09:40 PM - 10/15/18 »
My biggest fear is, now that Xim is detectable, does it mean that we are going to be able to be banned in the future for using it?

XIM IS NOT DETECTABLE

So xim users were kicked for what reason then?

I think what he means is XIM is not specifically detectable. What Epic is doing is a heuristic analysis on player movement to determine if it looks like a stick or a keyboard. That’s why XIM users who use a G13 or Sony Nav for movement aren’t kicked.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline GrantVXR

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:44 AM - 10/16/18 »
I thought the g13 was a short keyboard? Why is this not getting detected?

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03:00 AM - 10/16/18 »

Because it has a thumbstick on it which you could’ve found out yourself with 5 seconds and a google search

Offline GrantVXR

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03:58 AM - 10/16/18 »

Because it has a thumbstick on it which you could’ve found out yourself with 5 seconds and a google search

Alright salty, jeez. Go kick a puppy or something.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:25 AM - 10/16/18 »
I wonder why some people have to brag about using a xim so much.
I’m not bragging about it not sure where you got that idea from. Being happy that I own XIM ≠ bragging about it. I don’t even tell people that I use it when asked, one time in a game of Overwatch in the voice chat a dude heard my keyboard clicks and asked who’s using mouse and keyboard, I didn’t respond. XIM might give you an advantage but it doesn’t turn you into a God, you still have to be skilled in order to take advantage of it.

What you seem to have missed/not understand is that often times bad controller players tend to blame XIM for their own shortcomings/being bad @ the game. In reality it has nothing to do with XIM and everything to do with their lack of skill. I’ve looked at the skill ratings of players who complain about XIM and it was usually very low ranks such as Gold. I’m sorry but if you are stuck in Gold rank in OW it is not due to XIM users but instead because you are simply a Gold level player and that’s where you belong. Most xim users aren’t even in gold they’re in high ranks so a gold player complaining about xim is just idiotic. Trying to argue against that is extremely retarded (2 can play @ that game  :) )
« Last Edit: 08:51 AM - 10/16/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline Burchart1495

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12:40 PM - 01/11/19 »
Yeah, your arguments would be valid if you guys were simply trying to just use a mouse and keyboard, because then you would be placed in the proper lobbies. But, let's be real, that's not why people do it. People use XIM adapters so they can use a mouse and keyboard in controller lobbies. I mean, are you guys seriously trying to defend this? This mentality is terrible. Plain and simple, you're cheating. You're the lowest common denominator that society has to cater to. The world would be a terrible place if everyone acted like you. I can't imagine any of you would still be using the XIM if you were only put into lobbies with other people using it. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12:52 PM - 01/11/19 »
Yeah, your arguments would be valid if you guys were simply trying to just use a mouse and keyboard, because then you would be placed in the proper lobbies. But, let's be real, that's not why people do it. People use XIM adapters so they can use a mouse and keyboard in controller lobbies. I mean, are you guys seriously trying to defend this? This mentality is terrible. Plain and simple, you're cheating. You're the lowest common denominator that society has to cater to. The world would be a terrible place if everyone acted like you. I can't imagine any of you would still be using the XIM if you were only put into lobbies with other people using it. Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Valid argument. I mean really native input is pretty good and available for consoles.

However, when playing on native KB&M you get matchmake with PC lobbies, meaning you are playing vs players with 144FPS and higher Field of View and true native M&KB input, vs a low end hardware with a subpar input device, now how this is fair for console players?.

You must be a kid, because the world is already like that, every body wants to take advantage, the edge. The athletes you might are fan off, all of them are taking some performance enhancing drug, is not cheating.

Good players on thumbstick using Scuffs or paddle controls with or without scripts have more advantage than XIM users, but they are not judge because are not using M&KB.

XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL