XIM Community

XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181012]  (Read 16247 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181012] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #30 on: 09:47 PM - 10/12/18 »
Yes please try downgrading. That will help us isolate the problem.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Proxyone

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09:51 PM - 10/12/18 »
Working well on my end. 3 solo games, 1 squad game tried to move hecticly all the time spamming the keyboard change wep, strafing etc and didn't even once get kicked. Well done Obsiv and team, thank you very much.
Weight reduced mod g9x @ 60gr and g502 @ 87gr (400/1600 dpi), blackwidow chroma, zowie 24', Sony Pulse.

Offline Djinn-Zeratul

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Djinn-Zeratul
« Reply #32 on: 10:15 PM - 10/12/18 »
Hi guys, I've tried the new beta firmware and so far no kicks, but the controls are now very clunky.

It used to be just perfect before Epic started to mess with our beloved xim   

Below my feedback:

It will either tilt to the sides(constantly), you cannot run in a straight line anymore, and this also affects aiming when moving and aiming of course, constantly having to over-correct.

Also, movement now is very unresponsive, either it will have a delay in responding fully, or its just slow (with auto-sprint on ofc, sometimes it will not sprint but just walk instead) This feels like, when you dont fully engage the analog stick to the max value and your character in game moves based of the pressure applied to the left analog stick.

Hope you understood what i tried to describe above, and keep up the awesome work you guys are doing for us :)

Offline Shaymon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:28 PM - 10/12/18 »
Xim4- Beta Firmware
G502
Microsoft Wireless KB

Just ran one match but finished fine. 12 Minutes

Movement did feel a bit weird. Almost like aim assist was kicking in now and then but it wasn't bad. Might have just been from running Black Ops 4 all day.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #34 on: 10:29 PM - 10/12/18 »
Yes I understand. It's going to take a couple builds to tune this. XIM APEX already models it's  stick behavior to match that of an actual controller in use. But it did so while prioritizing keyboard reponsivness which reduced realism. When this Fortnite change dropped, in order to unblock I turned the dial on this way the other way (which is why you are able game now). It's now going to be a matter of working together with the community on dialing it back slowly the other way. Another drop for XIM APEX will be available tomorrow.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #35 on: 11:00 PM - 10/12/18 »
Works good not getting kicked, but for some reason everything feels so slow and clunky and the player model is going to the right when trying to go straight

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #36 on: 11:08 PM - 10/12/18 »
Works good not getting kicked, but for some reason everything feels so slow and clunky and the player model is going to the right when trying to go straight

That's expected, first and foremost we want to make sure things are working. Then we will work on the way it moves.

Offline 4dified

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 11:24 PM - 10/12/18 »
Disconnecting from machine, not match

I am using a Xim4 on PS4 Pro with a Razer Deathadder 2013 and a Logitech G13 and the controller keeps disconnecting.  When it works, it works flawlessly.  It reminds of the disconnects I used to experience before loading the firmware to make it compatible from PS4 to PS4 Pro.  I have my setting for control connectivity to be wired usb.  Any suggestions?

To get it to work again I have to unplug the controller and PS4 from the xim4, resync it via the PS button. Then plug the controller again and then the xim4 to the console and then press connect on android smart phone and it will reconnect with the playstation jumping to the user account and confirming my user.  Total disconnect time is 30 seconds to a minute.
« Last Edit: 11:56 PM - 10/12/18 by 4dified »

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #38 on: 11:33 PM - 10/12/18 »

That's expected, first and foremost we want to make sure things are working. Then we will work on the way it moves.
Is the player model supposed to run in a zig zag or consistently to the right by himself also?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #39 on: 12:14 AM - 10/13/18 »
Disconnecting from machine, not match

I am using a Xim4 on PS4 Pro with a Razer Deathadder 2013 and a Logitech G13 and the controller keeps disconnecting.  When it works, it works flawlessly.  It reminds of the disconnects I used to experience before loading the firmware to make it compatible from PS4 to PS4 Pro.  I have my setting for control connectivity to be wired usb.  Any suggestions?

To get it to work again I have to unplug the controller and PS4 from the xim4, resync it via the PS button. Then plug the controller again and then the xim4 to the console and then press connect on android smart phone and it will reconnect with the playstation jumping to the user account and confirming my user.  Total disconnect time is 30 seconds to a minute.

Ok thanks. And going back to the last firmware works for you?

Offline Big416stud

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01:23 AM - 10/13/18 »
Been playing for over 3 hours no problem. A little weird movements with wasd but its all good i know yall mke it better

Offline ilcontro

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 04:31 AM - 10/13/18 »
downloaded the frimware  and updated my xim4 but still i get kicked out from the match.
any help ?
thanks

Offline Player2012

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05:28 AM - 10/13/18 »
i have a feedback! So i played solos. the game lasted 20 minutes. Every 6-8 min (1/3 of the game) my controls just freezes. i cant control my caracter via keyboard or mouse. it just moves itself and mouse movement is locked so it contantly goes in a circle movement. i solved it by disconnecting my xim4 then plug it back in again. it would be unfortunately to do this in a middle of a fight but it takes 10 sec to get back and it is very unlikely to happen in a fight. happend to me when i was looting. but other than that its great! Thanks for the great and fast support by the xim team! oh and everyone talks about the movement bug.. well its not too bad.

Offline RonnieMcDonalds

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 06:13 AM - 10/13/18 »
I played 11 games with the new firmware.
- i had zero kick.
- the WASD moves feels a bit sluggish (try to spam [ A ] and [ S ]).
- the aiming is OK,  i felt no changes.

Thank you Xim Team, you are the best.

Offline CodAndFortnite

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 06:32 AM - 10/13/18 »
i have a feedback! So i played solos. the game lasted 20 minutes. Every 6-8 min (1/3 of the game) my controls just freezes. i cant control my caracter via keyboard or mouse. it just moves itself and mouse movement is locked so it contantly goes in a circle movement. i solved it by disconnecting my xim4 then plug it back in again. it would be unfortunately to do this in a middle of a fight but it takes 10 sec to get back and it is very unlikely to happen in a fight. happend to me when i was looting. but other than that its great! Thanks for the great and fast support by the xim team! oh and everyone talks about the movement bug.. well its not too bad.

Having the same problem. Never had this issue before i updated to the new firmware.

Some additional info:
-Using ps4 pro
-Whenever my controlls freeze, all the input from keyboard and the controller will be received in the manager app

Any solution to this particular problem?