XIM Community

XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181012]  (Read 16192 times)

Offline ccook68

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sikshot HD
Re: XIM4 BETA [Firmware 20181012] (**LATEST**)
« Reply #15 on: 07:42 PM - 10/12/18 »
Hey guys, first time posting on the site. I have spent many hours gathering a bunch of useful information on the forums over the months though. I am having trouble downloading the beta firmware. I have followed the steps Obsiv has posted for downloading and using the flash tool. I am encountering an issue when the flash tool is open and I click to update firmware it is telling me a xim4 device isn't detected. I have tried 3 different usb cords that can plug into the "c" outlet and I am always holding down the "p" button when plugging the xim4 into the PC. I can't seem to find anyone else having this issue, hoping it is not a hardware issue. Also, when the xim4 is connected to the PC it gives me the blue light as needed.Thanks for all the support!
« Last Edit: 07:58 PM - 10/12/18 by ccook68 »

Offline assadeq

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: sNv-iCry
  • PSN ID: sNv-iCry
« Reply #16 on: 07:47 PM - 10/12/18 »
same error ,2 days without fortnite !! Hello XIM Team  i can't play anymore , please we need new update

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #17 on: 08:25 PM - 10/12/18 »
You both are unable to upgrade? Have you tried different ports on your PC and if you have access to another PC that would help isolate the problem.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline bobalou

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08:31 PM - 10/12/18 »
Hmm doesn't look like my first reply showed up sending it again. Sorry if it shows as a double. Updated Firmware and no longer kicks me but now it locks up as in I have no response from controls. If I unplug the xim4 and plug it back in while in game I get control back. This seems to happen about the same time as when I would get kicked a few min in. This also happened a second time later in the same round and that time the xim was dark no lights.

Logitech G13 and G700S

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #19 on: 08:33 PM - 10/12/18 »
If your XIM is going dark it means it means there is a connection problem with your console and your XIM. Have you tried a different USB cable?

Offline ccook68

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sikshot HD
« Reply #20 on: 08:36 PM - 10/12/18 »
You both are unable to upgrade? Have you tried different ports on your PC and if you have access to another PC that would help isolate the problem.

Yes, the I have tried all 3 ports. I will try my older PC now and see if that works. Thaks for the support, you guys go above and beyond!!

Update, the Dino PC ended up working. Thanks again. I will post the results in a bit!

Offline Iblvck

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hamz
« Reply #21 on: 09:01 PM - 10/12/18 »
So I just updated the firmware for my xim4 and I do not get kicked out of my games anymore, however, maybe 5 to 10 minutes in the game, my mouse and keyboard do not function anymore.

The xim4 light is still solid red and my g502 and logitech are still on. I have to unplug my xim from my ps4 and plug it back it for it to work again. I tried using other usb cables as well.  :(

Offline bobalou

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:11 PM - 10/12/18 »
If your XIM is going dark it means it means there is a connection problem with your console and your XIM. Have you tried a different USB cable?

Yes tried another cable same result. It does not go dark every time but did once. Also I have noticed the ps4 controller has turned off as well when this happens.

Adding: Just a thought. This seems to happen at the same time into the game as when I would get kicked before. Unplug and re-plug fixes it. This has happened again later in some longer rounds. Perhaps the game is polling looking for xim4 and even though it can't kick me it is somehow locking up controls. Probably polls again later in a round and does it again. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: 09:26 PM - 10/12/18 by bobalou »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 09:19 PM - 10/12/18 »
So I just updated the firmware for my xim4 and I do not get kicked out of my games anymore, however, maybe 5 to 10 minutes in the game, my mouse and keyboard do not function anymore.

The xim4 light is still solid red and my g502 and logitech are still on. I have to unplug my xim from my ps4 and plug it back it for it to work again. I tried using other usb cables as well.  :(

Have you had any issues with your XIM4 freezing like this before?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #24 on: 09:20 PM - 10/12/18 »

Yes tried another cable same result. It does not go dark every time but did once. Also I have noticed the ps4 controller has turned off as well when this happens.

Your XIM4 will turn off if it no longer sees communication occurring over USB. I don't believe this would be caused by the new firmware update, but, you could check by downgrading. I'd backup your Configs first.

Offline Iblvck

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:23 PM - 10/12/18 »

Have you had any issues with your XIM4 freezing like this before?
No I have not.

Offline bobalou

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:28 PM - 10/12/18 »

Your XIM4 will turn off if it no longer sees communication occurring over USB. I don't believe this would be caused by the new firmware update, but, you could check by downgrading. I'd backup your Configs first.

Just a thought. This seems to happen at the same time into the game as when I would get kicked before. Unplug and re-plug fixes it. This has happened again later in some longer rounds. Perhaps the game is polling looking for xim4 and even though it can't kick me it is somehow locking up controls. Probably polls again later in a round and does it again. Just a thought.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #27 on: 09:30 PM - 10/12/18 »
A game has no ability to shut down a port on a console. Have you tried a different cable between your PS4 controller and your XIM4?

Offline Iblvck

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:36 PM - 10/12/18 »
Hmm doesn't look like my first reply showed up sending it again. Sorry if it shows as a double. Updated Firmware and no longer kicks me but now it locks up as in I have no response from controls. If I unplug the xim4 and plug it back in while in game I get control back. This seems to happen about the same time as when I would get kicked a few min in. This also happened a second time later in the same round and that time the xim was dark no lights.

Logitech G13 and G700S

I didn't read your post but my problem is similar to yours.

Offline bobalou

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:45 PM - 10/12/18 »
A game has no ability to shut down a port on a console. Have you tried a different cable between your PS4 controller and your XIM4?

Yup. No change. Didn't start having this problem until xim firmware update. Before I updated I would just get kicked from game with the unplug your gamepad, keyboard, or mouse. message but controls still worked fine. I'm done for tonight I'll try firmware downgrade and maybe reinstall it again tomorrow. Thanks for all you do and the fast response to the issue with a beta. I'm sure you all will figure it out.