XIM Community

Corsair k70 mk2 rapid-fire keyboard not working with xim4  (Read 2461 times)

Offline x_K-13-L

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: x_K-13-L
I have an xim4 and am using trying to use a corsair k70 rgb mk2 rapid-fire keyboard with it and can not get it to function at all.
All my xim drivers are up to date, same with the keyboard etc.
I've looked on the compatible list and the k70 is there but not the mk2?
When I plug it in,  the xim knows it's there but no button strokes are detected by the xim or in the xim app (if I wanted to change buttons etc)
I've read some stuff online about the bios switch etc which the mk2 doesn't have.
Is the mk2 not compatible yet?
Thanks

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair k70 mk2 rapid-fire keyboard not working with xim4
« Reply #1 on: 05:05 PM - 10/12/18 »
Welcome to the community. There are unfortunately a few reasons Corsair K keyboards may not work right away but this can usually be fixed. A good place to start is to verify the keyboard is working with a PC. If it's working on PC then the issue can be solved using one of the Corsair K troubleshoot steps below.

- Verify you're using the latest XIM4 firmware for the latest hardware support.
- If keyboard includes two cables verify you're using the data cable and not the power cable. If you're unsure try using the second cable with XIM instead.
- Try swapping the mouse and keyboard cable positions at your XIM.
- Look for a switch near where the cable is attached to the keyboard. Set the switch to bios mode.
- If the keyboard does not have this switch hold Windows Lock + F1 for 5 seconds.
- If the keyboard includes two cables attach the keyboard cable to XIM and the secondary cable to a power source that is not XIM like the console or a USB charger.
- Adding additional power may help. Connect a USB 2.0 hub between XIM and peripherals. Your powered hub must include an AC adapter for additional power.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline x_K-13-L

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: x_K-13-L
« Reply #2 on: 06:07 PM - 10/12/18 »
Thank you for the welcome and the reply.
The k70 mk2 does come with 2 cables one for the keyboard and the other is just for a USB pass-through.
I've just used the keyboard cable into the xim into the normal position and used the method above to put it into bios mode (windows lock + F1)  and it seems to be working. The xim app is recognizing the keystrokes as they are and I'll be testing it in-game shortly.
Will the xim get an update patch to the k70 doesn't have to be in bios mode to function?
Thanks again.

Offline IH8LifeLol

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Kluqer
My Corsair K70 TKL Champion Series does not work with my XIM Apex, I've been trying to get it configured for hours and the Corsair Icon does not appear in the XIM Manager App so I am assuming the XIM Apex can not recognize the device for some reason. Could anyone assist me, please? I really didn't want a keyboard this expensive not to work with my XIM Apex.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 03:46 AM - 07/19/21 »
Refer to mist4funís response above - the kb may need to be set to BIOS mode.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts