XIM Community

Fortnite Experimental Build 20181011 BETA-0 [FEEDBACK NEEDED]  (Read 23343 times)

Offline HalfroAngel

• View Profile
    • TamaOApollo
  • Gamertag: TamaOApollo_TTV
  • PSN ID: HalfroAngel
Has worked great so far!!! Was getting booted, now i'm not. It does seem a bit more sensitive, as pointed out before, but nothing that adjusting the configs couldn't fix.

Also, just wondering if any of those betas are going to have "one key" build options like some of these controller companies are starting to do, where you press one of their triggers and it swaps to building, builds the structure, and swaps back to what you had before. I know it's probably too complex to set up the swapping weapons to be more like PC, but I know if anyone can do this it's you guys!!!

Thanks again for the quick fix and I'll be looking forward to the other betas in the near future to test.

Offline Stiched

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xStichedx
my computer wont pick up my xim, do I need to download something for this to happen

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
New to the Xim community and trying to update my firmware to the one just posted but every time I plug it into the computer I get the blue light then open up the xim program and it immediately just goes to ďnot respondingĒ any suggestions on how to go about this? Thanks!

hey,

this happens when the flashtool doesnt find your xim
please try the following
press the p button on your xim and keep it held down. now connect your xim to the pc while still holding down the p button, you can release the button once your xim shows a blue light

if that doesnt work please try a different usb port
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
So for us on the macbook, no pc :/, the best move is to just hang tight and wait for an update to be applied to the firmware?

you could also use a free virtual machine to run the flashtool installer
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Also, just wondering if any of those betas are going to have "one key" build options like some of these controller companies are starting to do, where you press one of their triggers and it swaps to building, builds the structure, and swaps back to what you had before. I know it's probably too complex to set up the swapping weapons to be more like PC, but I know if anyone can do this it's you guys!!!

these controllers are solving that by installing macros onto the controllers onboard memory
a macro always has the chance to go out of sync, also the XBL ToS regards macros as bannable for example

overall its not worth it as Epic already announced that the console will get a 1key build option with one of the next updates
but if you would still like to use such a script with your xim then head over to the xim link forum or use a titan two

Offline noimspartacus

• View Profile
Gotta say, this is extremely impressive work.
My son wanted better control, but we can't really afford a decent spec gaming PC so decided KBM on xim is the way to go on Xbox One.  He and I have been working towards this for a few weeks.  Anyway, tried it out last night, and imagine how dispiriting it was to get kicked on his very first game.  It's not about cheating, he'd be more than happy to use KBM natively if Epic supported it (i.e. playing other KBM or PC users)

Seriously guys, to know you have been working round the clock to keep ahead of the game is more epic than Epic.  Will try the build out this weekend.

Thanks.  Respect.
« Last Edit: 03:07 AM - 10/12/18 by noimspartacus »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
my computer wont pick up my xim, do I need to download something for this to happen

Press the p button on your xim and keep it held down. Now connect your xim to the pc while you are still holding down the p button. Once your xim shows a blue light you can stop pressing the button, your pc/flashtool should now recognize the xim.

Offline Bado

• View Profile
Freezing here and there, didnít in other build

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

freetzing in terms of WASD movements or are you refering to mouse movements?
please share more feedback about the scenarios in which you experience such a freeze and how often they happen

Offline Stiched

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xStichedx
Downloaded the Fortnite beta
 My air is off to the side a bit and my toon runs on a angle haha but still playable

Offline Bado

• View Profile

please share more feedback about the scenarios in which you experience such a freeze and how often they happen
itís like I Freeze, Iím not sure itís only at start game tho like once I land other than that everything feels fine, I ainít disconnecting & I just won 3 solo squads .

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

itís like I Freeze, Iím not sure itís only at start game tho like once I land other than that everything feels fine, I ainít disconnecting & I just won 3 solo squads .

does your surrounding freeze too or can they continue to interact with the server?
also does the freeze apply to every input (more like a game freeze) or is it only happening to your mouse or keyboard inputs?

Offline taljac28

• View Profile
Played 2 games and worked great.
But i feel like it move a little bit to the left, but its not that bad.

Offline Bado

• View Profile

does your surrounding freeze too or can they continue to interact with the server?
also does the freeze apply to every input (more like a game freeze) or is it only happening to your mouse or keyboard inputs?
like my first 2 games with it I froze in front of a enemy and he killed me of the bat.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile

like my first 2 games with it I froze in front of a enemy and he killed me of the bat.

thats an old bug that is back in the game, if you have an encounter with a player and theres a large ping difference between you two to the server then one player can kill-freeze the other one
basically the moment your game froze you got already killed, your game just received the information but has no chance to turn that info into a proper lagcompensated scenario anymore
this mostly happens when both players shoot each other pretty much at the same time (and would most likely tradekill in other games)
on top of that there is also fortnites fairly low tickrate