XIM Community

Fortnite Experimental Build 20181011 BETA-0 [FEEDBACK NEEDED]  (Read 18157 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This is an experimental build (likely the first of several) designed to address the Fortnite disconnect issue. This build will work with all games, but, it's designed for Fortnite and it's advised to only use it for that game for now. If you want to downgrade back to an earlier build, make sure to back up your Configs so you can restore them when downgrading.

The build is for XIM APEX only at this time (PC flash tool only). XIM4 will be updated once it is validated on XIM APEX.

Please leave your feedback here and let us know:

1) Do you get disconnects, if so, how often and how far into the game do you get?
2) How does player control feel to you?

Download: http://cloud.xim.tech/Beta/XIMAPEXFlash-20181011-PC-BETA-0.exe

You can only upgrade your XIM Apex with a PC, a Mac flashtool will be released at a later date together with a XIM4 firmware update

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes
« Last Edit: 11:23 AM - 10/12/18 by Od1n »
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Redrabbit5

• Yes , you are cheating .
    • View Profile
This is an experimental build (likely the first of several) designed to address the Fortnite disconnect issue. This build will work with all games, but, it's designed for Fortnite and it's advised to only use it for that game for now. If you want to downgrade back to an earlier build, make sure to back up your Configs so you can restore them when downgrading.

The build is for XIM APEX only at this time (PC flash tool only). XIM4 will be updated once it is validated on XIM APEX.

1) Do you get disconnects, if so, how often and how far into the game do you get?

So just need to upgrade flash tool from pc , we don t need a new ST ? Right?
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 |  Razer Orbweaver Stealth  | TTesports Ventus Z | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Just need to update your firmware to this. No new ST. No new Manager.

Online Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
Should we be oke playing BO4 in this firmware?

Offline nutnsbolts

• View Profile

Sorry to ask but is there a mac version?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, but, based on feedback on how it performs on Fortnite, we will tune the algorithms. As of right now, it may (or may not) feel strange on movement in CoD. But, in the name of science, by all means give it a run in CoD and let us know how that works for you. :)

Offline Jgarcia0717

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Menacingshot2
just updated, will run it and give update on how it works!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Sorry to ask but is there a mac version?

Everything related to Apple concerning development for their platform is about 10x more difficult and time-consuming compared to everything else. So, once things are validated the changes will be applied to XIM4 (and the Mac flash tool).

Offline rg

• View Profile
Happy to be one of the first to test this. I was to play 2 full matches without any issues (I was being kicked out after 2min every match, with the previous firmware). Player movement feels normal. It didn't affect my gameplay at all.

Great work, team! Proud to be a XIM customer.

Offline sensitivity7

• View Profile
So happy to hear! Looking forward to download this!!!

Online Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
Will test when I get home from work

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, thank you! Keep the feedback coming everyone, we need to hammer on this build. I do have another build coming that will be ready hopefully soon that will need coverage as well. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, but, we will get through it together. :)

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
Initial feedback:

Played two matches of 50v50 squads. So far, so good. It feels nearly identical to the previous (most up to date) firmware.

Haven't gotten kicked so far.

If anything, the sensitivity might feel a little bit higher, but aiming hasn't changed much.

You support team should get some rest. You've been working around the clock on this. Get some sleep and check on things tomorrow :P

Offline Redrabbit5

• Yes , you are cheating .
    • View Profile
Happy to be one of the first to test this. I was to play 2 full matches without any issues (I was being kicked out after 2min every match, with the previous firmware). Player movement feels normal. It didn't affect my gameplay at all.

Great work, team! Proud to be a XIM customer.

Oh nice , say us more after entire gameplay .
PS4 PRO | BenQ EL2870U | XIM Apex | Titan T2 |  Razer Orbweaver Stealth  | TTesports Ventus Z | Scythe USB Pedal | Astro A50 |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
You support team should get some rest. You've been working around the clock on this. Get some sleep and check on things tomorrow :P

Yes, Od1n was up until 4am his time trying out various builds to give me the data I needed to produce this one. But yes, it's getting late here too, so, I'll be heading out soon. Thanks again everyone, there will be another build tomorrow for you to compare against this one.