BO4 Opinion  (Read 4264 times)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
Re: BO4 Opinion
« Reply #45 on: 01:31 PM - 10/14/18 »
Ummm, I’ve only played a few hours but I dig the MP — Especially since we know so many (usually positive) changes come after launch.  I know Santigold’s KD is legit, as when he had another name here on the forums years ago and posted his videos he was a pretty solid player and then some. 

He does tend to get angry on an annual basis around this time though. :-)

BO3 was my favorite COD prior to this one, and I am so far very happy with Treyarch has put out so far this launch. 

And yeah Headhunter was a merciless killing machine, but if you’re going to go back I’ll take UnrealChrisG, Donskii, and ToysRme. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline namesake87

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Honeycomb87
« Reply #46 on: 01:41 PM - 10/14/18 »
Ummm, I’ve only played a few hours but I dig the MP — Especially since we know so many (usually positive) changes come after launch.  I know Santigold’s KD is legit, as when he had another name here on the forums years ago and posted his videos he was a pretty solid player and then some. 

He does tend to get angry on an annual basis around this time though. :-)

BO3 was my favorite COD prior to this one, and I am so far very happy with Treyarch has put out so far this launch. 

And yeah Headhunter was a merciless killing machine, but if you’re going to go back I’ll take UnrealChrisG, Donskii, and ToysRme.

Toys? He camped and headglitched all day everyday in pubstomp mode LOL...HC S-n-d is where legends are made....

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 01:48 PM - 10/14/18 »
Toys game was based on his ridiculous understanding of the maps and spawn points.  His gun skill wasn’t on par with some others, but his overall command was shockingly good. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02:04 PM - 10/14/18 »
As y’all are having a great convo, could you check out my first FFA game in over 4 years, yes, I hated FFA before ( not really, I just preferred getting more than 30 kills )

I go 30-5 and get a 5man feed

https://youtu.be/rl4ILyOYIpg
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 09:39 AM - 10/16/18 »
So since I didnt play in the last few days- have they released any patches or anything like that?

Last time I played on Sunday I think and had the worst lag compensation penalty applied to me, it was insane. I think I had the worst connection in BO4 out of any COD ever.

Think of the worst connection in Advanced Warfare you had where youd shoot ppl with perfect accuracy and hits didnt register and multiply that by 5. Even in FFA it was that bad. It took me like 20 bullets to kill an enemy, even if the enemy was stationary and I was shooting him from behind.

On top of that, it felt to me like I was in some sort of SBMM matchmaking. I was constantly put against 4-player / 5-player parties playing Chaos TDM solo. Even after switching to FFA, there were ppl I just couldnt kill, no matter if I started shooting them like 1.5 seconds before they saw me. I dunno if those players were hosts in FFA or whatever happened, but it was absolutely frustrating.

It mustve been some sort of SBMM, since I watched some Twitch streamer from my country play the same game modes as I did and his enemies were basically like "recruit bots". He was running around destroying noobs left and right, they didnt even understand what was going on it seems. While in my games I have 4-man squads jumpshotting in every gunfight and whatnot. The weird thing is that some other viewers also mentioned in the Chat, that they constantly get matched against full  parties of tryhards and couldnt believe what kind of noob lobbies the streamer was constantly placed into.

I wouldnt be surprised if they put me in some shadow matchmaking pool with other rly good players. They want too keep pubstompers out of the noob matchmaking pool it seems.
« Last Edit: 11:03 AM - 10/16/18 by Santigold »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11:03 AM - 10/16/18 »
As y’all are having a great convo, could you check out my first FFA game in over 4 years, yes, I hated FFA before ( not really, I just preferred getting more than 30 kills )

I go 30-5 and get a 5man feed

https://youtu.be/rl4ILyOYIpg

@PcSkeng- I watched that video. Great gameplay indeed. However the other players do look a bit "confused" and clueless to whats going on. Not to take anything away from your skill, but I wish I had similar players in my lobbies :D

The players look like they dont even realize whats hit em. Afaik whenever you play first games in a certain playmode or start playing the game for the first time, there is some sort of system that only places you against low lever players. The so called "starting pool", then as you play in a playlist more often, you get into normal pool. Maybe it was that kind of starting pool in the video? I rly dont know, but I can tell you that in my FFA games I have jumpshotting sweaty tryhard players all over the place. I mean if you see someone jumpshotting constantly and actually beeing able to aim while in the air, its usually a scuff or a xim player (or some other adapter). Which means that those players are more enthusiastic than the regular joe.

Granted you could do jumpshotting with the standard controller, but it is not very precise and comfortable as a Scuf or KBM adapters.

On the other note, I recently saw this article and found it kinda interesting. I though Blackout will steal all PUbg players for sure, even on PC. But it doesnt look like that so far:

http://www.githyp.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-has-not-had-any-impact-on-pubgs-player-base-on-steam/

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08:08 PM - 10/16/18 »
@santi - what was your old handle here?  You should upload your old “best cod video” contest entry again.  Good stuff...

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 12:06 AM - 10/17/18 »
@mind you mean xim3 Top Shot contest? Its actually online, it was invisible, I unprivated it like a year or so ago : https://youtu.be/lb-IvCw-w6g

Just rewatched it, some funny moments there indeed. 😭

Well, I guess those were the good old COD days.

Admin