XIM Community

Fortnite detecting my Xim Apex? - ((Experimental fix linked in first post))  (Read 64413 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Fortnite detecting my Xim Apex?
« Reply #375 on: 09:29 PM - 10/11/18 »
Is it true hori tac users are experiencing getting kicked?
Yes. Thatís a problem for Epic. Blocking the Tac Pro is like Forza blocking a steering wheel. Hori and Sony will force changes.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #376 on: 09:29 PM - 10/11/18 »
Just got done playing for about 4 hours and had no idea this was happening...

Can confirm analog movement doesn't trigger a kick.
Do you use the g13?

Offline YeaItsMe

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 09:31 PM - 10/11/18 »

Do you use the g13?

No...Left side of an XBOX Elite controller

Offline jaykendall

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Honey Dont List
« Reply #378 on: 09:36 PM - 10/11/18 »
If Epic is going to continue the XIM ban, then Scuff controllers should be banned too.  This is garbage!  I understand no M+KB in a tournament, but the casual gamer should be allowed to use whatever mechanics they want. Super pissed!

Offline Caper_YT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: NoobSayIHack
« Reply #379 on: 09:37 PM - 10/11/18 »

Do you use the g13?

No...Left side of an XBOX Elite controller
DANG, My respect to you. :D

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 09:43 PM - 10/11/18 »
I knew the xim team would figure out a fix. Just dont work on it too hard we need a good blackout st soon lol.
« Last Edit: 09:54 PM - 10/11/18 by SixShooter »

Offline Sr2000

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 09:44 PM - 10/11/18 »
Just here to join in on the theatrics.

I've got arthritis (just turned 36, so not THAT old =p) and use a xim & kbm. Tried using a controller today and have to put it down about the same time the kicks go through...it's almost crippling.

I'm still within my return window with the retailer but will not be using that option. Thanks for the product...good luck with the workaround!

Oh...and I have one lifetime win on fortnite. Much win, such advantage.

Offline nutnsbolts

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 09:45 PM - 10/11/18 »
I use a G13 with G502 mouse both connected to the XIM Apex and that connected to USB port 1 on Titan and the Titan 2 connected to the xbox.

It kicks me out. So I don't think the G13 works as well or at least registers it as a keyboard.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #383 on: 09:48 PM - 10/11/18 »
I use a G13 with G502 mouse both connected to the XIM Apex and that connected to USB port 1 on Titan and the Titan 2 connected to the xbox.

It kicks me out. So I don't think the G13 works as well or at least registers it as a keyboard.

Are you using the analog stick for movement?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline AdedBiatch

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 09:58 PM - 10/11/18 »

Are you using the analog stick for movement?

Not trying to be pushy but do you have a eta until theres a fix or still trying to find one?

Offline mr_foox

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: fooxgsy
  • PSN ID: dgsgjxs_as
« Reply #385 on: 09:59 PM - 10/11/18 »
I have the same problem too  :'(

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #386 on: 09:59 PM - 10/11/18 »
We are working on it. Give us a couple days please to ensure the fix is sound.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline sbfx

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 09:59 PM - 10/11/18 »
I have a couple of questions.

1. Would anyone here really be opposed to still using their XIM and playing in PC lobbies? I'm sure as hell not. PC players are way better though with better graphics settings, but it's more of a level playing field.

2. Have people been getting kicked from Solo matches? Or have they been getting put into PC lobbies instead? Not sure if there's a way to tell. If they're able to detect XIM, Epic will definitely need to figure out a way to put XIM users with PC lobbies, instead of having to plug in native M+K, unplug it, and plug in XIM.

I for one am willing to play in PC lobbies still using my XIM, but I'm not willing to go through the hassle of switching out input devices every single damned match.

Also, I don't like native m+k controls. I've gotten so used to building with builder pro + my mouse. There is no way to replicate this with native controls. I've gotten so used to this combination that I don't think I can unlearn it.

Offline Ripkon

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 10:05 PM - 10/11/18 »
I have a couple of questions.

1. Would anyone here really be opposed to still using their XIM and playing in PC lobbies? I'm sure as hell not. PC players are way better though with better graphics settings, but it's more of a level playing field.

2. Have people been getting kicked from Solo matches? Or have they been getting put into PC lobbies instead? Not sure if there's a way to tell. If they're able to detect XIM, Epic will definitely need to figure out a way to put XIM users with PC lobbies, instead of having to plug in native M+K, unplug it, and plug in XIM.

I for one am willing to play in PC lobbies still using my XIM, but I'm not willing to go through the hassle of switching out input devices every single damned match.

Also, I don't like native m+k controls. I've gotten so used to building with builder pro + my mouse. There is no way to replicate this with native controls. I've gotten so used to this combination that I don't think I can unlearn it.

I'm in the same boat. Hooked mine up to the PC tonight and won my first game. It feels so weird after playing 6 months on xbox
XBOX ONE X  | Playstation 4 Pro | Switch | PC i5-4690k GTX 970

Mouse: FinalMouse Air 58 | DPI: 3200 | Hz: 500 | Mousepad: Reflex Lab | KB: GK61 60% RGB w/ Zeal 62g | Monitor: ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K 1ms | Headphones: Logitech Pro

Offline hyperliite

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 10:09 PM - 10/11/18 »
Top Ranked PUBG player here but you Fortnite guys are kinda like our stepbrothers, hope you get a fix; Iím sure the Xim Team will get you guys a fix soon. A lot of us are pulling for a great outcome because we could be next. Hate it happened but itíll all work itself out. <3
« Last Edit: 10:14 PM - 10/11/18 by hyperliite »