XIM Community

Normal to feel a slight difference between XIM Link and Default Apex setup?  (Read 2105 times)

Offline BlueAid

• View Profile
I also noticed this. When connecting to XIM link  from apex (500hz) My sensitivity seemed to have doubled. Any explanations?

I have this as well. Never was able to figure out why, but I just sort of accepted it and changed sensitivity settings to compensate.
CM MasterKeys Pro M White | Logitech G203 | Steelseries QcK Heavy

PS4 Pro | Xbox One S

XIM APEX | XIM 4 | XIM Edge

Offline [email protected]

• View Profile
I have heard things that it adds some input delay. I would like to know him this so Iím not running my XIM and mouse at 500hz but itís actually running something like 250hz. This could lead to aiming problems if running two different hz ratios

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
noticed this too. I wonder why?

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome
I've noticed this as well even back when I was using my XIM 4.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
The explanation for the sensitivity doubling is on my previous post on this thread. In a nutshell, its just padding to make the movement compatible with 1000Hz polling (Link runs always on 1000Hz regardless of the polling rates of the other devices). On 1000Hz there should not be difference.

Offline synflood

• View Profile
There has always been some delay when using link. It was always apparent anytime I switched between using link and not using it. If I was using a titan 2 and link at the same time, forget about it. It became jitter city nightmare.

I stopped using link because of it to be honest. Everything I wanted to do with Link I've been able to do more with the titan 2 device instead. It offers a lot and it does a lot better with holds and delays. I found when I tried to do things with Link in macro format, I always had to greatly extend delays or things wouldn't work.

It definitely offers what XIM is all about though, more support for controller types. They aren't exactly fans of people using macros anyway. Alan's script to 1 button key bind build for Fortnite was what sold me to stop using Link. Since then I've started using the titan 2 in all my games just for quality of life changes. Things like auto-runs, or repeating button presses to save my fingers.

I look forward to trying out the changes to link though just to keep comparing it to the titan 2 to see if there ever comes a day where it completely removes the delay. The XIM feels less smooth through Link then it does through Titan 2+Xim with no link, which is strange since one is simply software and the other is adding an entire extra device and it's own set of delays. There is clearly consistency issues and everyone feels them. Also it's strange than things like putting a trigger hold time of 40 ms in LINK and 40 MS in titan 2 result in two completely different results. I find that many of the times the XIM won't register certain key entries that the titan 2 handles flawlessly with even quicker/smaller delays.

Hope what I am saying makes sense to those who never used a titan 2.
« Last Edit: 05:52 PM - 05/19/19 by synflood »

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
The explanation for the sensitivity doubling is on my previous post on this thread. In a nutshell, its just padding to make the movement compatible with 1000Hz polling (Link runs always on 1000Hz regardless of the polling rates of the other devices). On 1000Hz there should not be difference.
so it is ok to run xim link at 500hz? will this increase AA a bit if used at 500hz?

Offline Tahsin

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: hulkf16
There has always been some delay when using link. It was always apparent anytime I switched between using link and not using it. If I was using a titan 2 and link at the same time, forget about it. It became jitter city nightmare.

I stopped using link because of it to be honest. Everything I wanted to do with Link I've been able to do more with the titan 2 device instead. It offers a lot and it does a lot better with holds and delays. I found when I tried to do things with Link in macro format, I always had to greatly extend delays or things wouldn't work.

It definitely offers what XIM is all about though, more support for controller types. They aren't exactly fans of people using macros anyway. Alan's script to 1 button key bind build for Fortnite was what sold me to stop using Link. Since then I've started using the titan 2 in all my games just for quality of life changes. Things like auto-runs, or repeating button presses to save my fingers.

I look forward to trying out the changes to link though just to keep comparing it to the titan 2 to see if there ever comes a day where it completely removes the delay. The XIM feels less smooth through Link then it does through Titan 2+Xim with no link, which is strange since one is simply software and the other is adding an entire extra device and it's own set of delays. There is clearly consistency issues and everyone feels them. Also it's strange than things like putting a trigger hold time of 40 ms in LINK and 40 MS in titan 2 result in two completely different results. I find that many of the times the XIM won't register certain key entries that the titan 2 handles flawlessly with even quicker/smaller delays.

Hope what I am saying makes sense to those who never used a titan 2.
Yes i stop using xim link because of this reasons and titan 2 is the best

Offline Key Movements

• View Profile
DPI/CPI

I play on 800cpi/dpi
1000hz polling
Pixart 3360 Sensor

Of course there is a difference.
try drawing a perfect circle slowly in 🎨
with your mouse on your preferred dpi.

Mine looks like this, I didnít go all the way up
because thereís no need to go over 4000dpi