XIM Community

USB powered hub question  (Read 171 times)

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
USB powered hub question
« on: 09:50 AM - 10/09/18 »
I just got the amazon basic 7port that is so recommended, Iím running a razer mouse and a ducky one rgb kB, along with a Cronus max. Right now I have the Cronus plugged into the console then the xim plugged into that, and of course kB and mouse plugged into xim like normal. So now Iím going to plug my kB and mouse into the hub to take stress off the xim if that makes sense. And I assume I can plug the hub into port 1, or 2 into the xim correct? And last question is it wise to run the mouse from the hub or just keep it plugged into the xim as Iím afraid it could cause of some of latency problems or something running through the hub?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: USB powered hub question
« Reply #1 on: 10:47 AM - 10/09/18 »
hey, a usb hub usually doesnt add any latency so you can connect the mouse to the hub as well
overall a mouse isnt very power demanding though, the important one is your backlight keyboard
therefore make sure to connect that one to the hub with the external power supply, any other device can also be connected to it but isnt necessarily needed :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:05 AM - 10/09/18 »
USB Hubs are not latency monsters
XIM APEX + Titan Two
PS4 Pro - ASUS VG245H 24" - Astro A40 TR MixAmp - Razer Orbweaver - Tt Esports Ventus R Modded - Hyper XL

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:31 PM - 10/09/18 »
Good to know, I also have a slight problem while playing fortnite the d key sometimes doesnít register especially while running holding w. I thought it was a keyboard problem so I purchased a new ducky one kB it doing it less frequently but still happening sometimes, any idea?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:10 PM - 10/09/18 »
does the xim show the d press at the bottom of the xim manager but the game wont recognize it?
press it down and check while watching the xim manager if you can replicate it
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:19 PM - 10/09/18 »
Tbh Iím not sure I will try and track it but if it doesnít show the key press on the manager what do I do? And if I does show the d key being pressed but it doesnít register even with another kb what does that mean. And itís kinda weird how itís only the d key and nothing else.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:14 AM - 10/10/18 »
Tbh Iím not sure I will try and track it but if it doesnít show the key press on the manager what do I do? And if I does show the d key being pressed but it doesnít register even with another kb what does that mean. And itís kinda weird how itís only the d key and nothing else.

i think this warrants its own support topic now, please share this info there plus what kind of mouse and keyboard(s) you use

in the meantime please connect your first keyboard to the pc and see how reliable it accpets d key presses

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:24 AM - 10/11/18 »
I use a brand new ducky one kb and a razer baslik mouse it never used to do this then all of sudden just started happening I was using a corset and red dragon kB previously which is why I purchased another kB. So itís been happening a lot less but when it did happen I was watching the manager and it shows the d key not being pressed while it was pressed.