XIM Community

Button mapping problemo  (Read 417 times)

Offline Sophy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sophy
Button mapping problemo
« on: 11:26 AM - 10/05/18 »
Hi community!

So Iíve been using my xim for a while now on Xbox and itís been fine I got my new mouse yesterday (Razer naga trinity) and I canít map all the buttons.. can anyone help me? Iíve no idea what Iím supposed to do.

Thanks in advance   :-* :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Button mapping problemo
« Reply #1 on: 11:40 AM - 10/05/18 »
Welcome to the community. If your mouse is capable of storing changes without the use of software later you may be able to use razer's Synapse PC app to change the unrecognized mouse buttons to keyboard keys that are not used in your config. If the changes stick to the mouse this may help XIM identify these buttons.

It would also be a good idea to verify your xim4 firmware is up to date to ensure the latest hardware support. You can find the latest XIM4 firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Sophy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sophy
« Reply #2 on: 11:51 AM - 10/05/18 »
Hey thanks! Iím installing the razer software on my pc now Iíll change the unrecognised mouse buttons. I think I kinda know what to do? Itís so confusing rip

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:32 PM - 10/05/18 »
I don't have a razer mouse currently so I'm not familiar with the software. Your mouse should allow you to reassign the buttons that are not working as keyboard keys. This would allow XIM to see these buttons. The buttons should be assigned to keys that are not normally used in your config like: o p k l n m. After you've assigned the non-working buttons as these keys test the mouse with XIM. If this doesn't work and XIM4's firmware is up to date then unfortunately we are out of options aside from using another mouse or using XIM with your PC while you play, assuming you have a PC close to you.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Admin