XIM Community

Anyone using a 1-hand keypad (short keyboard)  (Read 311 times)

Offline Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
Anyone using a 1-hand keypad (short keyboard)
« on: 10:05 PM - 10/06/18 »
Trying to save space on my desk. Never use the num pad on my keyboard. Anyone using a single hand keypad or short keyboard that they're happy with?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone using a 1-hand keypad (short keyboard)
« Reply #1 on: 05:27 PM - 10/08/18 »
Razer Orbweaver or Tartarus are great. As is a Logitech G13, if you can find one. You can find a decent Koolertron one-handed keyboard on Amazon, along with plenty of cheap trashy keypads.

I'm left-handed and can't use any of them (G13 without a usable thumbstick is meh), so I use half of an Ergodox EZ kb for Xim gaming. Previously I used a Z-Board Fang.

If I was a righty, I'd go with an Orbweaver.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:47 PM - 10/08/18 »
another suggestion, the koolertron gamepad (comes in all kinds of switches)
it works with the xim and a few forum users are already using this device

its imo better than a numberblock if you are used to the left side layout of a keyboard
(a numberblock has a different button layout and may require more time to get used to compared to this solution)

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:07 PM - 10/08/18 »
Razer Orbweaver or Tartarus are great. As is a Logitech G13, if you can find one. You can find a decent Koolertron one-handed keyboard on Amazon, along with plenty of cheap trashy keypads.

If I was a righty, I'd go with an Orbweaver.

Thanks. Checked out the Orbweaver but for the cost I expected the reviews to be more solid. Issue with durability seem to be a common thread. Wish the gaming keypad market was bigger, like you said there are a lot of cheap/trashy ones out there.

Offline Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:14 PM - 10/08/18 »
another suggestion, the koolertron gamepad (comes in all kinds of switches)
it works with the xim and a few forum users are already using this device

its imo better than a numberblock if you are used to the left side layout of a keyboard
(a numberblock has a different button layout and may require more time to get used to compared to this solution)

Thanks, always been a left keyboard player so this is a good fit. Wish I could find a solid keypad that had some innovative key/button options but really nothing there.

Offline honeymonth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:37 AM - 10/11/18 »
I got one by some company called Sades. It was about $25USD and quite clicky and satisfying to use. Alas, i switched to using the PDP One-Handed joystick. I looked at the Koolertron, but wasn't sure what it offered for the high price point. The Sades got the job done and kept me under budget.

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:32 AM - 10/11/18 »
If keys are bothering you like they do to me. ELIMINATE THEM MUHAHAHAHH

Offline Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:05 AM - 10/11/18 »
Alas, i switched to using the PDP One-Handed joystick.

Just curious, how do you like the PDP joystick? I could never understand how a movement joystick can replace all the keys I use on my keyboard but conceptually it seems like an intuitive controller option.

Offline etrigan

• ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:54 AM - 10/12/18 »
I use a "Delux T9". They go for about $30, and can take a bit of a beating. The keys are starting to wear away, but the buttons still work and no issues with rollover.

Amazon Link: http://a.co/d/6LZGVND
Logitech G600 4k DPI
Delux T9 Keypad

XIM4 Game Settings:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0klxe-kjGSbd09HdjM0UDhxcWs?usp=sharing

Offline lmulli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:28 PM - 10/12/18 »
I use a "Delux T9". They go for about $30, and can take a bit of a beating. The keys are starting to wear away, but the buttons still work and no issues with rollover.

Amazon Link: http://a.co/d/6LZGVND

I got one of those ages ago but never used it due to the fact that it didn't have a return key, which I wanted.  Shame as for the money it wasn't bad.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:00 PM - 10/12/18 »
We have a new player in the market - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=70759

Offline Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:07 AM - 10/13/18 »
We have a new player in the market - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=70759

Sort of, ETA is May 2019. Although if the full keyboard shows up now with Aimpad it may be worth it and invest in the keypad later.