XIM Community

Swiftpoint Z on sale.  (Read 2253 times)

Offline lunchalot

• View Profile
Swiftpoint Z on sale.
« on: 06:43 PM - 09/21/18 »
Heads up! Swiftpoint Z is on sale on Amazon.com for 99.00 - although it will be several weeks before they ship. I think they are out of stock. It is ships and sold by amazon not by third party seller. I just made an order for it. I have always wanted to check this mouse out but not for 230.00

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Swiftpoint Z on sale.
« Reply #1 on: 08:34 PM - 09/21/18 »
This hurts me...great mouse, but no love for lefties :sniff:

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Sir Fox McCloud
« Reply #2 on: 09:13 AM - 09/24/18 »
How does well does this function with XIM Link? More specifically, how well does the analog tilt movements work?
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #3 on: 03:06 PM - 09/24/18 »
I bought this mouse but couldn't get on with its ergonomics.

The tilt function works but I found I would trigger it by mistake.

I sent it back. Possibly with perseverance, i may well have grown to like it. But my G502 felt amazing, it was love at first sight, no "getting to know" period. Just how it should be with a good gaming mouse.

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:23 AM - 10/01/18 »
Bought this mouse and toyed around with it yesterday. High Quality! It is much lighter than the G502 or the Rival 500. There is only one thing that will take some getting used to; using the knuckle joints to press the buttons. On this mouse there are more buttons to be pressed by fingers rather than the thumb. I will say that the they are much more intuitive than I would have guessed. I don't think it will take more than a few days to get used to it. I will say that the mouse is a bit more square shaped and lacks the ergonomics of the G502. But, overall I think this is going to be a great experience.
XIM APEX | XIM LINK | XBOX One S | Razer OrbWeaver (Razer Orange/Cherry Brown equivalent) | Logitech G502 (3.5K DPI & 1K Hz) | Asus 24" (VG245H) | Destiny 2

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 07:58 AM - 10/01/18 »
Bought this mouse and toyed around with it yesterday. High Quality! It is much lighter than the G502 or the Rival 500. There is only one thing that will take some getting used to; using the knuckle joints to press the buttons. On this mouse there are more buttons to be pressed by fingers rather than the thumb. I will say that the they are much more intuitive than I would have guessed. I don't think it will take more than a few days to get used to it. I will say that the mouse is a bit more square shaped and lacks the ergonomics of the G502. But, overall I think this is going to be a great experience.
Knuckle buttons are easy to get used to. I've assigned them as G and Q, which I've set to grenade and tactical respectively. Problem was only that I sometimes pressed the right one in error when holding down the right mouse button as I've set the deep click to Caps Lock (Hold Breath). I've now solved that by getting used to having my right ring finger knuckle slightly raised to compensate.

Great mouse though. Soooo configurable. I've had it for over a year now and wouldn't swap it for any other mouse.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:30 AM - 10/01/18 »

Problem was only that I sometimes pressed the right one in error when holding down the right mouse button as I've set the deep click to Caps Lock (Hold Breath). I've now solved that by getting used to having my right ring finger knuckle slightly raised to compensate.

I naturally do that. I'm not sure why but my middle finger buckles up and over.

Great mouse though. Soooo configurable. I've had it for over a year now and wouldn't swap it for any other mouse.

I don's see how anything could even rival the ability to configure this mouse. I love the on the fly profile switching and mouse tilting for a modifier key. It is absolutely incredible. I haven't even played around with dual-functioning keys. The fact that you can have an action occur on button press and another (or the same) on release is just mind boggling. Then you throw in the fact that you can have different actions occur based on the % of pressing the button in 3 step increments. It truly is incredible. In my opinion the next model should address ergonomics, however this mouse is not uncomfortable.

Offline lunchalot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:10 PM - 10/05/18 »
Just got the mouse this week. Already love this mouse and already planning to order some backups. I am a hardcore  trackball user and haven't used a mouse in years. This is the mouse that will get me to switch from my trackball. I love how deep the programmable options are. You can make it simple or complicated. This truly is amazing for XIM especially the macros you can create - no need for xim link. I love how I can assign a unique rumble effect for button press that lets me know when I activated certain functions.

Offline Fox McCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:44 PM - 10/05/18 »
I love how I can assign a unique rumble effect for button press that lets me know when I activated certain functions.

I haven't played around with that yet, but I look forward to finding a good reason to use it.