XIM Community

Any New Update Commin ?  (Read 1101 times)

Offline zanvog

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: zanvog
Any New Update Commin ?
« on: 03:45 AM - 09/28/18 »
Hi to xim comunnity !

Is there any new update coming for the xim ? I don't have  any bug or wating for something to fix xim ... everything works perfect

i'm just a UPDATEHOLIC guy  :D

Offline Sl3vin

• View Profile
Re: Any New Update Commin ?
« Reply #1 on: 06:37 AM - 09/28/18 »
Hehe i feel with you^^ but i dont think so. Last update was from may and the changes was not huge....
Microsoft Xbox One X 1TB Konsole
SteelSeries Rival 300 @ 4.000 DPI
SteelSeries Apex M750 TKL
SteelSeries DeX
Asus VG275Q

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
« Reply #2 on: 10:22 AM - 10/01/18 »
Bring back boost, bring back boost.

Sa1 sa2 sa3 sa3 remember those days! 64 pages on one topic....

I'm actually buying a xim4 again for fun.

I'm sad

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:17 PM - 10/03/18 »
I think we need something even better than boost. Something like provohats mouse accel but with xim customizable settings.

Scaling the X and Y, affects how fast the sensitivity moves. Not what sync should be set at.. Its quite backwards if you ask me.

With this being said what i mean is the x/y ratio.

X can be customisable from a scale from 0 to 3
Y can be customisable from a scale from 0 to 3

How fast you set these will cause the sensitivity to fell super high while on a low setting.

This would eliminate using the faulty ballistic curve system made for the apex. (It is awful compared to the xim4)

Smoothing needs to be elimated all together. It reminds me of the blur affect in ms paint. The more you use it, the more you can notice blemishes. Using that as a synonym.

A lot can be done, to give us that perfect feel again. I wish i had thw programming skills to attemp something like this but i am just a basic b=

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:46 AM - 10/04/18 »

This would eliminate using the faulty ballistic curve system made for the apex. (It is awful compared to the xim4)

Are they different? What do you mean?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:03 PM - 10/04/18 »

Are they different? What do you mean?

Boost was integrated with the xim software. Same with sync. Boost was the complex form of sync ( Noobish version)

So if you are on a sync of default, you are 1:1 with the xim4 but when you move the first point of a ballistic curve to about .10 - .50 you are technically adding boost, (correct me if i am) and this is done with 125hz.

500/1000 you cant feel the difference. its a placebo effect, but the change from 125 to 500/1000 you can feel a difference.. its a whole new world,(Even tho i had the apex for months, i still can not create such easy settings as i could with the xim4) If you give me a option to max something out... I gotta have it.

This is how i look at boost vs sync:

Boost would a value (Based on SA3) 0 - 100

0  - 20 gave slow mouse acceleration
21 - 35 gave medium mouse acceleration
36 - 86 gave moderate mouse acceleration
87 -  100  gave uncontrollable mouse acceleration

My range was 36 - 86, and I added a ballistic curve that added from the 50.00 point to go to about 80.00 exponentially, then cut off with out hitting the turn cap. With these settings they pretty much gave me a "GOD" feeling no matter what game i was playing. Every look mechanic felt the same. From COD to BF, to DOOM to ESO( Lots of games)

Each game i used the same curve, with  different boost and the results where the same.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SYNC is broken up into 4 different regions such as the boost was. (Well for me)

Off, Default, Common, Slow.

If i change from default to common, i legit have to completely change my sensitivity and ballistic curve to adjust to the setting?

Example. I am running a Slow sync with 50.00 hip. If change this to Slow to common, why does the change within sync, not SYNC the automated settings of the Synchronization? If should automatically calculate the change from the setting and take your most recent hip sensitivity and change it to a value that would almost identical to the value of the previous sync setting.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I drifted off topic lol you asked about why i think the ballistic curve system is different. Well, Let's look.

I told you about how the ballistic curve system works with the xim4, and the sync setting in the apex, all in my perspective.

Tell me why;

if i take the point of a ballistic curve with the same settings with a XIM4 and APEX, there is a dramatic difference within how the mouse feels? Even with both having the same Htz settings, etc.. You can not run the same settings you once had, and this was tested with a apex and xim4 both connected into different consoles.

Maybe i am just a bit weeeee crazy, but no matter what, the xim4 will always feel better than a apex.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:09 PM - 10/04/18 »

My range was 36 - 86, and I added a ballistic curve that added from the 50.00 point to go to about 80.00 exponentially, then cut off with out hitting the turn cap. With these settings they pretty much gave me a "GOD" feeling no matter what game i was playing.

I've just bought a xim4 based on what you said :)

Could you please share this curve?

Do you use it with hip or ads or both?

What mouse dpi and polling do you use?

Offline Fidan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:06 PM - 10/06/18 »
is there anything planned for the future?

Online Bookuvapes

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:16 PM - 10/08/18 »
Would like to use my xim4 but xim link with the apex is just so nice. To be able to switch from PC to console with a single key and the xim link has more features

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:59 AM - 10/09/18 »
Would like to use my xim4 but xim link with the apex is just so nice. To be able to switch from PC to console with a single key and the xim link has more features

There is XIM commander that does the same thing for the XIM4, but it has LOTS and LOTS of issues. This is the exact same reason i use my apex.

My range was 36 - 86, and I added a ballistic curve that added from the 50.00 point to go to about 80.00 exponentially, then cut off with out hitting the turn cap. With these settings they pretty much gave me a "GOD" feeling no matter what game i was playing.

I've just bought a xim4 based on what you said :)

Could you please share this curve?

Do you use it with hip or ads or both?

What mouse dpi and polling do you use?

Sorry bud, but i have nothing left from my xim4 settings, i deleted it all of my computer after using xim link.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:27 AM - 10/10/18 »
No worries havoxx