XIM Community

Original Xbox Support?  (Read 294 times)

Offline Ratmonger

• View Profile
Original Xbox Support?
« on: 04:52 AM - 09/27/18 »
Would this ever have a chance of being supported? Although the original xbox has proprietary shaped ports, they are just USB 1.0. So people make custom cables to support USB all the time. They are also sold on amazon dirt cheap. Modded xbox dashboard support keyboard/mouse as well as flash drives through these ports. However once you are in game you cannot use mouse/keyboard. You can also run linux operating system on the original xbox that supports these ports. The main thing I would be interested in though is using a wired xbox 360 controller on the original xbox. I feel like you guys could accomplish this relatively easily through software. I could be naive though. The only way to do this currently is using an old old XCM crossfire 1.0 or something. Impossible to find and expensive. Of course I don't think the market for this is huge but all the driver info for original xbox is already out there. I am not hopeful but figured I'd bring up the topic anyway. Thanks

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Original Xbox Support?
« Reply #1 on: 09:41 AM - 09/27/18 »
Welcome to the community. We support standard USB joysticks. If you plug it into a Windows PC, does it enumerate as a standard USB controller? If so, it should work with XIM APEX (not as the required console controller though).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ratmonger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:57 PM - 01/14/19 »
Welcome to the community. We support standard USB joysticks. If you plug it into a Windows PC, does it enumerate as a standard USB controller? If so, it should work with XIM APEX (not as the required console controller though).

Hey, sorry for the delayed response. My main goal was to use the XIM plugged into an original xbox. The original xbox controller does come up on windows as unknown device, with no drivers available through windows. However, once you install XBCD drivers, it works as a controller(HID) using DirectInput API. The XBCD drivers are unsigned so you will need to disable driver signature enforcement. As I said, i know there is not a huge market to use Xim Apex on the original xbox, I feel like it would most likely be very easy for you to do, and adds a console to the list of consoles. A lot of people use original xboxs to make arcade cabinets and a lot of people prefer 360 controller, so never know. Thanks for this device either way, I love it for my Xbox One.

there is also XB2Xinput
Code: [Select]
https://github.com/emoose/Xb2XInput

Offline FirstTimer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:23 PM - 01/15/19 »
Still use mine, as a cabinet driver in the basement.  Works well actually...