XIM Community

Battlefield V beta-unsteady look-Xim4  (Read 530 times)

Offline 64BitBrain

• View Profile
Battlefield V beta-unsteady look-Xim4
« on: 06:31 PM - 09/14/18 »
Anybody else playing the BF5 beta on PS4 and getting a very unsteady aim mechanic, more so in the up/down movement?
Ive been using Xim4 for a few years now and am quite confident when tweaking it for games. However i cant seem to get a smooth movement. Tried tweaking the many ingame look mechanic options aswell as curves in the xim manager.
Anybody who plays having issues, or not? Any input will be welcomed.
I know the betas a limited period, but was wondering if i was alone on this and whether the same will be said for the full game release when it comes.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: 06:36 PM - 09/14/18 by 64BitBrain »

Offline 64BitBrain

• View Profile
Re: Battlefield V beta-unsteady look-Xim4
« Reply #2 on: 07:54 PM - 09/16/18 »
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-Aiming-down-sight-bug-makes-BFV-nearly-unplayable/m-p/7022428#M241
Thanks for the response but that is not the issue im having. Im unable to move my aim in a straight line. It jerks left to righ on vertical movement, and jerks up down on horizontal movement. It basically zig zags when i try to do a straight movement. When i pick up the controller the movement is straight and smooth but with the mouse/xim4 it zig zags.
Very confusing and frustrating as its unplayable almost. Severe hit on my skill thats for sure.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #3 on: 08:18 PM - 09/16/18 »
Which ST were you using? BF1?

Offline 64BitBrain

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:10 PM - 10/13/18 »
I tried several, including Bf1 Bf4, and generic.
To be honest that beta has put me right off bf5, along with many others i wont be buying it immediately so for now im not concerned anymore.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:01 PM - 10/13/18 »
this is because the aim mechanic of BF5 is a lot different to the previous games, including the BF1 ST that you used
behaviour like that is very common when the ST doesnt match the games aiming mechanic, you cannot remove that by tweaking the config itself

an official BF5 ST will of course solve that
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay