XIM Community

[ACTIVE] PS4 pro ps 6.0 update issues? APEX  (Read 656 times)

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] PS4 pro ps 6.0 update issues? APEX
« on: 10:54 AM - 09/14/18 »
I upgraded to 6.0 ps version this morning around 1am. Since then I have had my keyboard randomly disconnect 10-15 times since updating. Where should I start troubleshooting?

Keyboard is non functional and no lights.
Mouse is still active and lit upI swapped ports on the hub and no change.
Unplugging and replugging corrects it but it's frustrating in game.
It's not a power issue, if so then no indicator from the Apex. Since mouse still works and not flashing red/yellow.

« Last Edit: 09:58 AM - 09/22/18 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PS4 pro ps 6.0 update issues?
« Reply #1 on: 11:01 AM - 09/14/18 »
my PS4 also runs on the new 6.0 and i havent had any issues so far

does your keyboard disconnect without the mouse attached to the hub?
also are the disconnect randomly or do they happen after a fixed amount of time?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline NotSaltywatch

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: saltywatch
  • PSN ID: saltywatch
« Reply #2 on: 11:26 AM - 09/14/18 »
Does ur XIM blink green and red

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:56 PM - 09/14/18 »
my PS4 also runs on the new 6.0 and i havent had any issues so far

does your keyboard disconnect without the mouse attached to the hub?
also are the disconnect randomly or do they happen after a fixed amount of time?
How would I test without the mouse attached?
First day, I will keep track of the intervals.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:57 PM - 09/14/18 »
Does ur XIM blink green and red

No. It remains the same color that is assigned to the working profile. The mouse remains functional. It doesn't seem to be power related.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:11 PM - 09/14/18 »
Just an update. So earlier today while playing and somewhere after my keyboard disconnected the 10th time or so I added a profile for bo2 and pasted my copied Bo3 config to the bo2 ST. It flashed. I played had a few more keyboard drop offs and eventually gave up and stopped for work. I played for an additional hr or hr and a half with the bo2 config and made several adjustments all of which saved. I just got back on in the last 30 minutes and when I powered up my config and the ST we're nowhere to be found. What the hell is going on?  Also I forgot to mention during the time when my keyboard would stop working and basically lose connectivity, my mouse sensitivity was fluctuating alot. Is my device dead or dying?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:04 AM - 09/15/18 »
Hey, this sounds like a bigger issue so ill move your topic into the support section

Can you try to play with a different keyboard to see if it also occurs with that one?
Also please let us know what kind of mouse, keyboard and console you are playing on.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:51 AM - 09/15/18 »
Hey, this sounds like a bigger issue so ill move your topic into the support section

Can you try to play with a different keyboard to see if it also occurs with that one?
Also please let us know what kind of mouse, keyboard and console you are playing on.
Ha! As a matter of fact I did. I had a spare g pro still boxed and thought about trying it. I removed all of the connections and reconnected and so far no issues. I'll update here if I have any more keyboard dropouts or Apex failing to hold a saved config.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:17 AM - 09/15/18 »
Which keyboard were you having issues with?
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:04 AM - 09/19/18 »
Which keyboard were you having issues with?

I was having issues with a logitech g pro. never had any type of issue before.

I think it's something with the apex.  Now it has started turning white and becoming unresponsive every tiem I reseat it into the ps4 it works then if I make a change to the ST it goes white.  I have reflashed it and it continues to forget which config it's on and oddly enough it switches to the fortnite config which has never been my top of the list and haven;t used in months.  I am going to reset it. and start form scratch and see how it goes.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:22 AM - 09/19/18 »
It's normal for XIM to flash white when making a change and saving configs. If it becomes stuck and is solid white this is a freeze caused by either corrupt configs or an attached device. Unplug and replug XIM with everything disconnected from XIM and there is no white light this is caused by something in your setup. If the white light remains when started this way a factory reset is needed.

If your mouse continues to work but your keyboard disconnects this could indicate an issue with the keyboard. Testing the keyboard in another port or testing another keyboard would be helpful.

About your fortnite switch issue, check the fortnite hotkey and the config cycle keys in menu-global settings. Both of these could be responsible for the config switch. To prevent accidental activation the fortnite hotkey should not be a commonly used key. I use F1-F12 for example to avoid this issue.

Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:15 AM - 09/20/18 »
It's normal for XIM to flash white when making a change and saving configs. If it becomes stuck and is solid white this is a freeze caused by either corrupt configs or an attached device. Unplug and replug XIM with everything disconnected from XIM and there is no white light this is caused by something in your setup. If the white light remains when started this way a factory reset is needed.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have completed a factory reset, I should know more later today.  Fingers Crossed

If your mouse continues to work but your keyboard disconnects this could indicate an issue with the keyboard. Testing the keyboard in another port or testing another keyboard would be helpful.
I thought this as well. I had a second keyboard NIB same model and it still froze. I think it had more to do with the configs. I hope. The worrisome part was the device would respond to new configs and seemingly save them but an hour later upon reboot the config was nowhere to be found in the apex.

About your fortnite switch issue, check the fortnite hotkey and the config cycle keys in menu-global settings. Both of these could be responsible for the config switch. To prevent accidental activation the fortnite hotkey should not be a commonly used key. I use F1-F12 for example to avoid this issue.

I deleted fortnite (and all other configs with reset).  I haven't played since they added the hop rocks.

Thanks for the insight and suggestions. I will report back, hopefully with success.

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:00 PM - 09/20/18 »

Sorry I just saw this.  I think mist has it figured out for me.  Corrupt config file.   

I am using a Logitech G Pro keyboard and Logitech 502 mouse

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] PS4 pro ps 6.0 update issues? APEX
« Reply #13 on: 08:07 AM - 09/21/18 »

Sorry I just saw this.  I think mist has it figured out for me.  Corrupt config file.   

I am using a Logitech G Pro keyboard and Logitech 502 mouse

great to hear that its solved now! :)

Offline b00st_g0d

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] XIM APEX continuous Config curruption
« Reply #14 on: 06:18 PM - 09/21/18 »
What do I do if the Apex keeps corrupting configs?  Just now I was creating a second test config to make some minor adjustments and added the default, copied and pasted from current working config to new "TEST" The Apex flashed as if saving and it seemed ok.  I believe flashes yellow or solid yellow  then back to config indicator color. A few seconds later I go into the new config start making the adjustments I want to test and it seems to save that.  I go into game and something is off.  I open the app to look at the config to see what I missed and low and behold the newly created PS4 BO3 config is now showing as a no name xbox360 config. What the hell is going on with this thing?
« Last Edit: 08:26 AM - 09/22/18 by Od1n »