XIM Community

Development SDK?  (Read 260 times)

Offline Ricardo

• View Profile
Development SDK?
« on: 07:58 AM - 09/14/18 »
Is there a C++/C# SDK available for download?

I figure one must exist because Xim Link must be using it, but I can't find it under downloads.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Development SDK?
« Reply #1 on: 10:10 AM - 09/14/18 »
There is! What would you like to write?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Ricardo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:49 AM - 09/14/18 »
Hey there. I have a couple of ideas I'd like to play with.

1. I use the phone app to configure the Apex and the curve editor is hard for me to work with because my hands are big so I'd like to make an app that I can play with output curves for mouse movements and possibly add a few additional features to the editor similar to the ideas from the povohat thread on this forum.

2. Even with turn assist, I usually have trouble with any game that needs flying so I wanted to play with doing something similar to turn-assist but more configurable.

I am a C++ guy so I'd love that if possible but language doesn't matter too much really.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:07 AM - 09/14/18 »
hey, if you refer to Battlefield/Battlefront games in terms of flying then give this here a try, its really eastoy to fly in those games with these settings
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=69336.0

as for your other idea, maybe this community project can help you:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=68540.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 02:53 PM - 09/14/18 »
I am a C++ guy

Me too -- it's what the firmware and apps are written in. :)

Concerning editing curves and other settings, the SDK doesn't support that. It's designed to allow you to automate input from a PC only (i.e. an "input" SDK). With turn assist, the only option with the SDK would be to do it through mouse input emulation via the SDK. If you are interested in this, let me know and I can send you a link.

Offline Ricardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:53 PM - 09/14/18 »
Thanks for the responses guys! Yes an input SDK is all I'm hoping for.

Things I can't do on my own:

1. Allow my PC to communicate with the Apex in real time with a USB cable or transfer cable ... not sure how this would work. My PC is currently connected to Apex via transfer cable for Xim Link use.

2. Have an API that allows me to send inputs to the Apex via this communication channel. For example: SendMouseCoordinates(x, y); or something along those lines.

I don't need the SDK to support curves, because I can grab raw mouse input (or some other input) and create my own curve editor that transforms those coordinates before they are sent.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 08:13 AM - 09/15/18 »
Ok, please PM me your request and I'll send it to you when I'm at my machine.

Offline parni

• A jug fills drop by drop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:24 PM - 09/15/18 »
hey im coding and learning since some weeks now myb a month.
started with simple ahk scripts now im learning c++ and python.
i would love to use it to learn more about programming
im very much into mice its my fetish and improving console expierience would be so fkin awesome
i love to figure out stuff i actually learned to use 10 fingers to become better with keyboard useage and more efficient in coding(online from cellphone)

not quite sure whats possible with the SDK presented so to be very honest i would love to learn with the SDK...
would be awesome to combine the things i like and myb finally create something usefull for the Community
only downside is i dont play that much anymore since i got into programming.

Current xim4 Setup:
BenQ XL2411
BenQ RL2455
Owned over 300 mice.
currently using Cougar 300M @ 400dpi
Keyboard: g13 i will never go back to keyboard on xim4. With Analog movement you can controll the accel/deaccel of lookmechanics even obsiv prefers it :P.
Sound: Beyerdynamic MMX 300 with dss2.