XIM Community

Anyone try the xim apex with xbox adaptive controller?  (Read 182 times)

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
Sorry if this has been asked before. I just ordered one for hacking customization and wondering if anyone got xim apex to work with it and how they hooked it up. Thank you  :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone try the xim apex with xbox adaptive controller?
« Reply #1 on: 08:49 AM - 09/13/18 »
I haven't used one but if you're able to please let us know if it's working.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
Re: Anyone try the xim apex with xbox adaptive controller?
« Reply #2 on: 02:29 PM - 09/14/18 »
Okay I just got it and not sure anyone cares enough but here goes my thoughts on it as a mini review. I"m obviously not the core demographic of disabled but I got it because i Thought it might be interesting to have from a customization hacking perspective. As you can tell its essentially a big input hub. The front has the simple directional pad your used to and a 2 big buttons which are A & B. The left side has a usb for only left stick and right side has usb for right stick. The top has like seventeen 3.5 mm input jacks for pretty much every thing other than the sticks, even pressing the sticks inward.

I tried to plug a mouse into the side for using the mouse and sadly no go, same with the xim apex. Light comes on but no go. I did order a logitech stick and pressure pad but won't arrive til next week.

This is a highly specific and costly peripheral that pretty much dictates you have a whole bunch of costly adaptive peripherals that have 3.5 mm. I'll keep testing to see if i can get any other usb peripherals to work with it maybe using adapters (titan one,etc) or try other systems with it. Xim apex doesn't seem to work through it. You may think with all those inputs it has it could in theory be a replacement for it but far from it. Its one thing to buy  20 buck footpedal or even  a 40 dollar stick but its another thing to pay 80 bucks or whatever for a big glorified microswitch button out of mild curiosity to play with. The usb inputs i'm hoping don't just take "Approved" controllers like the logitech stick and will try other usb controllers. With no apparent way to use mouse for those who are disabled using this it still leaves room for having the xim apex.

I'll try to test it further to see if i can at LEAST use it concurrently at the same time with the xim hopefully as a supplemental tool. ie: Xim Apex M/KB and this with footpedals (left button inwards to run) or to map other buttons