XIM Community

Rainbow 6 siege new recoil  (Read 908 times)

Offline Algimantas87

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Algimantas87
Rainbow 6 siege new recoil
« on: 04:17 PM - 09/09/18 »
Everybody knows ubi made new recoil system on R6S, can xim developers look at this and if needed update xim apex .

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow 6 siege new recoil
« Reply #1 on: 04:52 PM - 09/09/18 »
Does aiming feel different when not aiming at enemies? This is what would require new support. Recoil and other game mechanics shouldn't have an effect on a game's look mechanic.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline CAL50vengeance

• View Profile
    • CAL50vengeance YouTube
  • PSN ID: CAL50vengeance
« Reply #2 on: 01:19 AM - 09/11/18 »
Hi - just want to ask about the aiming system for Siege and Xim Apex. I've read that this game have the same look mechanic in both Hip and Ads. Right?
 So, when I Enable Advanced settings for the app (So I can adjust the pollrate etc) The Siege config adds the option for ads. Without Advanced settings Enable The Siege config only got the Hip option to adjust sens. To get to the point! In the Xim settings guide they explain that for hip sens u should have (At the bottom-The option on each side Hip/Ads) the correct emulator Hip=Hip emulator and ads=ads emulator. Should I leave it as that?
 Because if it has the same look mechanic for both, does it change somehow, if I have both on Hip or Ads emulator. Is it better to create a subconfig for Siege than using the ads.
 # I've noticed that even when I got the same sens: 3200dpi Zowie mouse 500hz at sync common and Hip/Ads both at 16. The amount of distans (360/cm) is a bit shorter on Hip and longer for ads? I got the same sens so why is it not accurate. I want to have the same sens fort both while have adv set on. Please explain how it work.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChZctiLjcd9Jskxijer8BuA

# Mice - Logitech g502 and Zowie FK, ZA, ECB CSGO edition.
# Keyboard - Razer Blackwiddow Tournament edition. (Silent Yellow)
# Monitors - Samsung 4k/28inch. Asus VG245H.
Game of choice - Rainbow6.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:28 AM - 09/11/18 »
# I've noticed that even when I got the same sens: 3200dpi Zowie mouse 500hz at sync common and Hip/Ads both at 16. The amount of distans (360/cm) is a bit shorter on Hip and longer for ads? I got the same sens so why is it not accurate. I want to have the same sens fort both while have adv set on. Please explain how it work.

a game might use the same aim mechanic for HIP and ADS but still it can make your ADS sensitivity slower by design
in Overwatch there is no difference between HIP and ADS yet sniper characters such as windowmaker and ana have a much slower zoom sensitivity despite HIP and ADS sharing the same mechanic
the developers of the game thought its better to have a slower ADS sensitivity and hardcoded it into the game

also the magnification of your ADS plays a big role, with an ACOG you will zoom in much further than with a regular Redot
this will also influence the sensitivity

overall if you want the same cm per 360 for HIP and ADS @ ACOG then the ADS sensitivity will feel a lot faster as the scope is zooming on so much
the only way to have exactly the same feeling for both HIP and ADS would be if you use a scope that has 0 magnification/zoom, but that kind of beats the purpose of ADS

id recommend you to find an ADS sensitivity that you feel comfortable with, you should have a much better experience that way
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Algimantas87

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Algimantas87
« Reply #4 on: 07:39 AM - 09/12/18 »
Is there any chance to check if my xim apex working properly. Me and my friends have the same poling rate, the same dpi, the same in game settings, but my character turn speed is slower than my friends. Mouse logitech g502, poling rate 500mgz., hard mouse pad.  I see other people's have the same problem xim settings the same but some of them using 12sens and others have to use over 100. Keep in mind they have the same dpi, and poling rate.

Offline CAL50vengeance

• View Profile
    • CAL50vengeance YouTube
« Reply #5 on: 03:07 PM - 09/12/18 »

a game might use the same aim mechanic for HIP and ADS but still it can make your ADS sensitivity slower by design
in Overwatch there is no difference between HIP and ADS yet sniper characters such as windowmaker and ana have a much slower zoom sensitivity despite HIP and ADS sharing the same mechanic
the developers of the game thought its better to have a slower ADS sensitivity and hardcoded it into the game

also the magnification of your ADS plays a big role, with an ACOG you will zoom in much further than with a regular Redot
this will also influence the sensitivity

overall if you want the same cm per 360 for HIP and ADS @ ACOG then the ADS sensitivity will feel a lot faster as the scope is zooming on so much
the only way to have exactly the same feeling for both HIP and ADS would be if you use a scope that has 0 magnification/zoom, but that kind of beats the purpose of ADS

id recommend you to find an ADS sensitivity that you feel comfortable with, you should have a much better experience that way

Thx for the answer Odin, I'm fine with Acog having reduced send. I've tried the aux to make an Acog send similar to Holo etc. Didn't feel good. I could sit and adjust the hip send ads send manually of course all I want is learn and understand this APEX because it's a new thing to me. So if there is some kind of formula for Siege like 15hip sens and to get the exact same ads send with 1x Holo, red dot, reflex. U need this amount % of ur hip on the ads sens. U get me?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:00 AM - 09/13/18 »
i dont think anyone measured the ratio yet, at least i cannot recall any topic in which this has been analyzed so far
for controller players its similar though, there might be a controller site that already did it
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline DA57

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:23 AM - 09/14/18 »
i dont think anyone measured the ratio yet, at least i cannot recall any topic in which this has been analyzed so far
for controller players its similar though, there might be a controller site that already did it

I have actually tested hip and ads sens. I did this based on known info from the PC version, given that on PC default multiplier and 83 in-game ads sens makes hip and 1x sights 1:1. I made the assumption that console (I've only tested on Xbox, but based on my conclusions I assume it works the same on PS4 and PC w/ controller) uses that same default multiplier.

So testing 83 in-game sens with XIM hip and ads at the same value did produce 1:1 hip sens with 1x sights. Continuing with that testing I was able to conclude that 90 and 100 in-game ads sens is the same as PC as well. In Siege, anything above 83 ads just makes ACOG faster, 1x sights remain 1:1 with hip sens at every value from 83-100 in-game ads sens. As a rough guideline, at 83 ads ACOG sens is about 60% of hip sens, at 90 ads ACOG is about 65% of hip sens, and 100 ads ACOG sens being about 72% of hip sens. I tested this by doing a 180, then in ads going back to the edge of my mouse mat. So to get ACOG 1:1 with hip sens, XIM ads sens needs to be roughly x1.39 the value of XIM hip sens, at 100 in-game ads.

tl;dr

Get 1:1 sens between hip and 1x sights by using an in-game ads of 83-100 and setting XIM sens for hip and ads profiles to the same value. Any ads sens above 83 only affects ACOG sens.
ACOG to hip percentages:
83 ads = about 60% hip
90 ads = about 65% hip
100 ads = about 72%  hip

ACOG 1:1 with hip sens by multiplying XIM hip sens by 1.39. Use resulting number for XIM ads sens.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:11 AM - 09/14/18 »
oh nice, this should maybe be put into a new topic as im sure more people would like to check out this information! :)

Offline DA57

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:18 AM - 09/14/18 »
oh nice, this should maybe be put into a new topic as im sure more people would like to check out this information! :)

Thanks! I actually included it in my post here: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=69980.0 (just edited the title :p)

Offline CAL50vengeance

• View Profile
    • CAL50vengeance YouTube
« Reply #10 on: 08:00 AM - 09/16/18 »
Thx, good info. Will check it out ingame.