XIM Community

My Redragon S101 Keyboard doesn't work  (Read 229 times)

Offline Thiyzs America

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Thiyzs America
My Redragon S101 Keyboard doesn't work
« on: 09:30 PM - 09/05/18 »
There is a YouTuber named Xim Gaming and he uses the same Red S101 Keyboard as me and it works perfectly fine for him. So I'm confused as to why it's not working for me. My Xim has the latest firmware, and when I plug the keyboard directly into the Xim it turns on so I'm really confused as far as this goes. Someone please help me, I don't want this to be a situation where my dad lost money from this. Edit: This is Xim Apex
« Last Edit: 06:17 PM - 09/08/18 by Thiyzs America »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My Redragon S101 Keyboard doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: 08:29 AM - 09/06/18 »
Welcome to the community.

and when I plug the keyboard directly into the Xim it turns on so I'm really confused as far as this goes.

Could you clarify here? It does not turn on when connected to the hub but it does turn on when you remove the hub and connect directly to APEX?

Try starting APEX with the controller and mouse attached using this port order.

port 1: mouse
port 2: empty
port 3: controller

After XIM is finished starting attach the keyboard to port 2. If this doesn't allow the keyboard to work repeat this test but try this port order.

port 1: empty
port 2: mouse
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Thiyzs America

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:44 PM - 09/06/18 »
Welcome to the community.

and when I plug the keyboard directly into the Xim it turns on so I'm really confused as far as this goes.

Could you clarify here? It does not turn on when connected to the hub but it does turn on when you remove the hub and connect directly to APEX?

Try starting APEX with the controller and mouse attached using this port order.

port 1: mouse
port 2: empty

After XIM is finished starting attach the keyboard to port 2. If this doesn't allow the keyboard to work repeat this test but try this port order.

port 1: empty
port 2: mouse

Nothing has worked for me, I'm confused because the Youtuber that I watch uses the same keyboard and it works.Sorry for late response I was at school.

Offline Thiyzs America

• View Profile
Redragon S101 Keyboard Not Being Recognized
« Reply #3 on: 06:25 PM - 09/08/18 »
My Redragon S101 Keyboard isn't being recognized. There is a YouTuber named XIM Gaming who is using the exact same keyboard and it works just fine for him. When I plug everything up everything up inside the XIM Hub, everything except the keyboard is recognized. I get all of the light sequences as well. I've tried plugging it up in different ways but. nothing has worked.

I even factory reset the thing and still nothing, when I plug the keyboard directly into the Xim and not the Xim Hub it works. Also when I plug it directly into my XBOX or my computer it works. So I'm really confused right now and could really use some help.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:58 AM - 09/09/18 »
Given we know that

The mouse and controller work on the hub
The keyboard doesn't work on the hub in multiple ports
The keyboard works with direct connection to APEX
The keyboard works on the console

It could be that your keyboard isn't receiving enough power due to it being a high power device and sharing power with three other peripherals. You could try adding a power adapter to APEX's hub to see if this helps. APEX supports power adapters using the spec below and can be found on amazon or ebay.

5V 3A power adapter  ([3.5mm x 1.35mm], center-positive)
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos