XIM Community

Just wondering what everyone is using for overwatch now (linear or expo)  (Read 666 times)

Offline HaydenFC

• View Profile
Would like to start off by saying I love the addition of the linear st to overwatch in the xim.

However Iím finding it quite hard to aim on the game at the moment.

I have noticed The expo st and linear st in the xim however are versions 4.1 where as before it was 4.5/4.4 I believe... and Iím not sure if that means anything really? But like an idiot I deleted my 4.4/4.5 when the new STs for linear and expo came out. It feels like the old in game settings Iím using donít work well with the new STs and I havenít found new in game settings / xim settings that work well at the moment. I have seen posts of others experiencing same issues so was wondering has anyone got a fix or would mind sharing settings and we can test them out together and leave feedback for other users.

***You can check youíre overwatch ST version by loading your config and clicking on the overwatch imagine of tracer and at the top it will say ď4.(your number)Ē ***

Look forward to hearing from you all !!

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
The new ow st and the old one for expo is the same.

Blizzard did something to make xim crap on expo so you just gotta do whatever works best or use a controller.

Offline HaydenFC

• View Profile
Surely if that was the case then overwatch for PS4 / Xbox would have had a patch stating about it? Even if it was something on the lines of ď aim technique has been updated and improved across all consolesĒ ...

I have seen and heard many players have there ď all heroís ď set to linear ramp and each individual hero set to ď expoĒ ... im not to sure what this achieves and does to be honest..
also heard people saying that an aim window of 10-20 is helping with aim assist ease in of 60-80

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
Something happened during the halloween event which changed expo [most aim assist]. That's where the "change all to linear..." came from

That's no longer relevant.

Blizzard did patch expo less than a week later with a 218mb patch that also had other things in it [ashes halloween recticle fix] but they never put any notes out regarding expo and since then many people have reported issues.

I only play overwatch and i play it a lot ..trust me when i say something was done. I was there every step of the way.

Now i use linear ramp and my stats are actually significantly better but it was a huge headache to get used to new style but I could never go back to expo unless they screw up and revert it to pre halloween expo mistakenly.

Offline HaydenFC

• View Profile
Yeah I agree with you about something happened with the Halloween event , I only play overwatch too 😂... but I guess I didnít notice the expo bug/screw up until now as I only always play on linear , even was using linear before the linear ST came out ... but I thought I would give expo another shot ...

Definitely not now hahaha... I do have to say that my generic alpha st and the new linear do feel abit different , not sure what I like yet ... the one I use or the ST.

Do you mind posting your settings for in game and xim ... or maybe post the config in this thread.. along with your xim polling and mouse polling?

Be a great help to me as well as other that read this.

I canít also post my configs and settings If needed for both linear ST and generic alpha ST

Offline HaydenFC

• View Profile
Also if anyone wants to have a read about other people saying expo feels dodgy have a look here :

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/ps4-exponential-ramp-problem/416515

And here :

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/expoentail-ramp-is-acting-like-dual-zone/417259

Looks like linear ramp it is lads...

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
Those blizzard topics are irrelevant now.

The reason we have an official linear st is simply because of how expo in ow was acting like dual zone and changing all heroes to linear then each to expo fixed it.

The "temporary fix" actually removed whatever blizzard does to annoy ximmers.

During that week expo was amazing. If felt like if using a xim was considered to be a 3x advantage before then the glitch made it 10x. It was amazing.

Then blizzard did something to revert it, xim tested the expo st and it was fine but we were all left with some sort of wacky expo aim assist issue where everyone had to play with and adjust settings.

I like linear ramp. My only complaint is micromovents using soldier 76 at more than 20m from a target other than that its been ok.

I'm using 0 aim assist 0 window 70 aaei 70 smoothing

12k dpi 125hz 0.36 sensitivity with a high acceleration curve for widow mcree and works doomfist

No steady aim no boost

For soldier I use 0.29 sens 30 aim assist 6 window  70 smoothing and legacy on

« Last Edit: 08:31 PM - 12/04/19 by Rrerbacam »

Offline HaydenFC

• View Profile
0 aim assist and 0 window ? Thatís abit odd no ?
Iv been using 15-25 window and 100 aim assist and 50-75 aaei. No smoothing
60%-80% scoped on widow with 24% crit
40%-50% accuracy with tracer
50%-70% accuracy with Mcree and Ashe

Offline dddrumzzz

• View Profile

What are you using for mouse settings? also are you using Linear or Expo? Could you post your ST

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile

Took 2 weeks to get acclimated to it but its so good not having to fight recticle resistance when more than one target is in los.

Offline HaydenFC

• View Profile

What are you using for mouse settings? also are you using Linear or Expo? Could you post your ST

Right now Iím using the linear ST on 3200DPI with the mouse polling rate at 1000hz BUT the xim polling rate at 500hz ... Iím using a G PRO wireless

AGAIN CANT STRESS ENOUGH
3200dpi
XIM - 500hz
Mouse - 1000hz

Iím also using off sync... I will post my config below also containing the widow aux... you can then copy and paste and do as you wish with buttons , sens ect

>>> XIM APEX [(Linear)Widow Off sync] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<