XIM Community

Can I use two xbox controllers?  (Read 238 times)

Offline dsk

• View Profile
Can I use two xbox controllers?
« on: 06:32 PM - 09/04/18 »
Hi,

I would like to know if I can use two xbox controllers with xim apex.2nd xbox controller to map the buttons for my preference instead of using keyboard or other NAV controller..

1st xbox controller + 2nd xbox controller (navgiate and map the few keys for my preference)+ mouse for aiming.

Would this be possible?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use two xbox controllers?
« Reply #1 on: 08:39 AM - 09/05/18 »
Welcome to the community. You won't be able to use the same controller type but APEX does support secondary controllers from other platforms. If using APEX on X1 you could attach a 360, PS3, PS4 controller as a secondary controller. The secondary controller can be mapped and if the controller supports bluetooth as the PS3 and PS4 do the secondary controller can be paired and used wirelessly with XIM. If using a headset it must be attached to the authentication controller.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline dsk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:17 PM - 09/05/18 »

Thanks for the information.

I will try to get a controller from different flat form or XBOX 360 controller.

DSK

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:26 PM - 09/05/18 »
Ok, if using a 360 controller keep in mind that only wired microsoft 360 controllers are supported. A wireless controller with a play and charge kit or a third party controller will not work with APEX.

Offline dsk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:39 PM - 09/06/18 »
Got it.

I have ordered Nav Controller from ebay and I will reference one of your tutorial video in Youtube..

Thanks,
DSK

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
« Reply #5 on: 06:14 PM - 09/08/18 »
Ok, if using a 360 controller keep in mind that only wired microsoft 360 controllers are supported. A wireless controller with a play and charge kit or a third party controller will not work with APEX.

:-\ really?

Don't Xbox 360 controllers only require authentication when using the controller with the Xbox 360 console,

Because on my Xbox One, When using the Xim 4, or Apex. I can use a CM / T1 and/or T2 (with the xbox 360 protocol set), And they work perfectly fine as second controller. You don't even need to connect any controllers to the CM, T1 or T2 either.

Both the Xim 4 and Apex will recognize the second controller as a Xbox 360 controller.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:01 AM - 09/09/18 »
I'm sorry but I don't understand the question. Did you quote the right text? A wired 360 controller is needed because wireless 360 controllers with a play and charge kit do not pass data to the console. This requirement is unique to Xbox 360, other consoles require a wireless controller with any micro usb cable capable of data transfer.

Offline Timmie3054

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Timmie 3000
« Reply #7 on: 02:02 PM - 09/10/18 »
 ??? I'm not talking about the wireless capability. Sorry for the confusion, but yes I did quote the right text.

Ok, if using a 360 controller keep in mind that  only wired microsoft 360 controllers are supported. A wireless controller with a play and charge kit or a third party controller will not work with APEX.

I meant that the CM T1, and T2 are not "Microsoft" controllers. And they work just fine with the Xim 4 and Apex.

Why is it that you say only Microsoft Xbox 360 Controllers will work with the Apex, and not third party controllers. ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03:56 PM - 09/10/18 »
Thanks for clarifying. If there are alternate devices working in place of an original controller these are not supported and work by chance. Things like audio, timing, or console controller checks may not work as intended. XIM supports original controllers made by the console manufacturers.