XIM Community

Hori Tac Grip - Confirmed Working  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Ahands

• View Profile
Hori Tac Grip - Confirmed Working
« on: 12:37 PM - 08/31/18 »
Hey all,

I've just taken delivery of a Xim Apex after buying a Hori Tac Grip about 9 months ago. The Tac Grip (once configured and updated with the latest software) was a bit of a step up for me, albeit at the expense of my ability on a normal controller.

As anyone coming from a Tac to XIM will know, there's technical limitations that mean it is nowhere near as good for all round play as a Xim, however it's still decent for ADS to a certain degree (eg. Support on Bf1)

In moving to the XIM, the information around compatibility was old and sparse, which was a shame as the Grip is actually a really nice controller (especially with the hand strap) and with the 5 back buttons it makes for a really easy in between, especially for my couch gaming set up.

I've successfully gotten the Tac Grip working (however I'm using a RAZER DeathAdder mouse now instead) - It works flawlessly, however you need to do the following:

1. Download the 'Keyboard Mode' firmware from the Hori website - http://hori.jp/products/p4/p4_tac_g1_UK/update/

2. Install it onto the device

3. Open up the Hori device manager

4.  Select the grip and change the profile from Ps4 to PC

5. Make sure the analogue stick is set to a WASD mode and I would recommend mapping a key to the FN button

6. Save the profile and write to device.

7. Plug the Grip into the same slot that you would use for a keyboard, and the mouse into the XIM mouse port (don't plug your mouse into the Grip)

8. Switch the Grip to PS3 mode

9. ENJOY!

Offline mr_foox

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: fooxgsy
  • PSN ID: dgsgjxs_as
Re: Hori Tac Grip - Confirmed Working
« Reply #1 on: 01:42 PM - 09/06/18 »
thank you for that ,
But how can I use the analogue stick to move to the top, right, left and bottom?

Is there a solution to make stick figurines working xim apex?

When moving the stick to the top or right, etc. To determine directions these movements are not recognized by xim apex :(

Offline pdr2323

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pdr232323
« Reply #2 on: 10:04 AM - 03/04/20 »
I just got the the hori grip and had the same problem. After the doing the update told above the stick didnt move the character.  I did get it to work. In the xim settings under Analog  i had to change  the first two "  Left X to Joystick Left X and Left Y to Joystick Left Y" . I had to set the next to Right X and Right Y both to NONE . Next under triggers  both to NONE.    With these settings i have everything working  great . But i am having one problem. When i ADS and try to switch  scope attachments  as soon as  i press the sprint button while holding ADS it brings me to the playstation  menu.   
Has anyone found a fix for this?

Offline Starlord26872

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nerfed_Nerd
« Reply #3 on: 11:47 AM - 03/11/20 »
I got the hori tac grip controller today and at first as soon as I went in game the camera would just spin around. So i just downloaded the software and I put to default then I named a profile ps4 a d mapped the L1 button to the FN button. And saved it and pressed write. So it writes it to controller. I have the hori plugged into input B on my titan two and I have my regular controller plugged into the 3 way usb port with my mouse and my logitech g13 keyboard that goes into my aim  apex into input A on my titan two and all works as it should. Now I'm on ps4 so I have mine switched to ps4 on the hori. I left everything as default and just mapped that 1 L1 to FN button and everything else works standard apart from what I've mapped to my mouse.

Offline annejones101

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:03 PM - 04/12/20 »
I am playing with the Tac Pro and I love it. I hate using the gamepad for fps so the Hori works great for me, all the way back to the Tac 3 that I used for PS3. I am in the same boat as you - would definitely have preferred getting the game on PC but couldn't wait. I'm going to post an in depth discussion about it today or tomorrow. Short version is: It doesn't feel near as good or natural as a real k/m AT FIRST. You acclimate to it though and it feels very good. My experience is that I am better at the game on the Hori than I am with the gamepad, but probably not as good as an above average gamepad user. As to whether you have an advantage over DS players.. depends on how good you are with the Hori. Simple fact is that a mouse is more precise. It's inarguable, even if we are talking about emulation as with the Hori. If you can master it's nuances and inconsistencies - especially at high look and aim settings.. well you decide for yourself. For me the more important point is the game is more FUN with the Hori than the Dualshock. 9apps vidmate