XIM Community

Black Ops 4 L3 Acting Odd  (Read 940 times)

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
Black Ops 4 L3 Acting Odd
« on: 02:43 PM - 12/23/18 »
Setup:
   - X-Box One X
   - XIM Apex (Latest Firmware)
   - X-Box One Elite Controller
   - Corsair K63 Wireless Lapboard
   - Logitech G900 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Quick break down of whats happening.

Running the standard Black Ops 4 load out on my XIM Apex and everything runs great and feels smooth.  I will notice every once in awhile (its usually in the load out lobby where you run around before the blackout drop) my L3 wont work, so I cant sprint.  I can usually tell something is goofy because I cant steer while I'm in my wing suit.  This usually corrects itself within 20 seconds and everything is fine but I have had it where I go to drop and its still not working and I can not dive down, even when I grab my controller.  What I have to do it physically unplug my keyboard from the XIM Apex and plug it back in and it fixes itself.  When this is happening it also causes weird behavior when I hit the Xbox button.  When I'm in the menu I can't use the arrow down key or the d-pad down/L stick down on my controller, if I hold the button it will try and move down one spot but bounces back and forth really quick.  This isn't a huge game breaking issue but it is slightly annoying. 
   I'm wondering if this is game specific or perhaps a compatibility issue with my keyboard.  I have no issues with the mouse on the XIM and no issues with either when I play on my PC.  I'm trying to figure out if its game specific at the moment by jumping back into PubG.  I haven't noticed lately because I've been pretty specific to Black Out 4 for the past 3 weeks.
   It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had this issue.  I do know that almost everytime I initially boot up my XIM the keyboard doesn't work.  The controller, mouse and keyboard logos all show up in my XIM Apex Manager app.  I usually have to unplug my keyboard Bluetooth dongle and plug it back in then its good to go.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Black Ops 4 L3 Acting Odd
« Reply #1 on: 02:59 PM - 12/23/18 »
Hopefully others can comment but if it's only occurring in BO4 and only when waiting to drop or dropping then it sounds like a game issue.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline obi-wan_legend

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:02 PM - 12/23/18 »
Its not the apex it is a game bug, have same issue here and there even a friend that is a controller player has had same issue.

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:22 PM - 12/23/18 »
Its not the apex it is a game bug, have same issue here and there even a friend that is a controller player has had same issue.
Well that's good to hear, well not GOOD to hear but you know what I mean.  Its not game breaking, just annoying.  I was hoping its the game and not an issue with my keyboard setup because the lapboard is badass.

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:52 PM - 12/31/18 »
I'm just responding to my own post to bump it up and hopefully get some more feedback.

UPDATE:

I have been playing Black Ops 4 for the past few days and I am getting this issue almost every second game.  I can not play 3 games in a row where I'm not racing against the clock to unplug everything and re start from scratch before the helicopter drop.
As I stated before I only use my setup for BO4 and PUBG and this does not ever happen with PubG.  I can tell that I will have issues the next game if I hit the xbox button and I can not navigate through the xbox menu because it acts like the left stick or D pad is stuck up and wont let me move down.  If this is happening then I know I have to unplug everything and start over.  I tried running my Corsair K63 wireless keyboard with a usb cable to the XIM hub instead of the wireless dongle but I got the same result.  I'm REALLY hoping somebody out there has a fix because this is almost  making the game unplayable, especially when in a squad with friends and they are constantly waiting for me to reset everything or my drop gets botched because I can dive.
I was wondering if this has something to do with the fast that I still pick the controller up and use it when I'm dropping because its too hard to use the keyboard and mouse to get a fast enough dive.  I have read the tutorials on how to set up an auxiliary control to allow for a more controlled drop with the XIM but honestly I find it easier to just pick the controller up then witch when I hit the ground.
I'm open to any suggestions or feedback.  My XIM Apex is up to date and I'm running the stock BO4 settings from the app with a few tweaks of my own.

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:58 PM - 12/31/18 »
I'm just responding to my own post to bump it up and hopefully get some more feedback.

UPDATE:

I have been playing Black Ops 4 for the past few days and I am getting this issue almost every second game.  I can not play 3 games in a row where I'm not racing against the clock to unplug everything and re start from scratch before the helicopter drop.
As I stated before I only use my setup for BO4 and PUBG and this does not ever happen with PubG.  I can tell that I will have issues the next game if I hit the xbox button and I can not navigate through the xbox menu because it acts like the left stick or D pad is stuck up and wont let me move down.  If this is happening then I know I have to unplug everything and start over.  I tried running my Corsair K63 wireless keyboard with a usb cable to the XIM hub instead of the wireless dongle but I got the same result.  I'm REALLY hoping somebody out there has a fix because this is almost  making the game unplayable, especially when in a squad with friends and they are constantly waiting for me to reset everything or my drop gets botched because I can dive.
I was wondering if this has something to do with the fast that I still pick the controller up and use it when I'm dropping because its too hard to use the keyboard and mouse to get a fast enough dive.  I have read the tutorials on how to set up an auxiliary control to allow for a more controlled drop with the XIM but honestly I find it easier to just pick the controller up then witch when I hit the ground.
I'm open to any suggestions or feedback.  My XIM Apex is up to date and I'm running the stock BO4 settings from the app with a few tweaks of my own.

Forgot to add that this NEVER happens mid game.  Once I'm in the game it never screws up mid play.  This only happens at some transition point, whether its when the round ends or between the lobby and the real game.  I'm hoping someone out there has some insite.  I would think my setup is fairly common as lots of people out there would be running the Corsair Lapboard.

Offline Ruttagger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:35 PM - 12/31/18 »
Setup:
   - X-Box One X
   - XIM Apex (Latest Firmware)
   - X-Box One Elite Controller
   - Corsair K63 Wireless Lapboard
   - Logitech G900 Wireless Gaming Mouse

Quick break down of whats happening.

Running the standard Black Ops 4 load out on my XIM Apex and everything runs great and feels smooth.  I will notice every once in awhile (its usually in the load out lobby where you run around before the blackout drop) my L3 wont work, so I cant sprint.  I can usually tell something is goofy because I cant steer while I'm in my wing suit.  This usually corrects itself within 20 seconds and everything is fine but I have had it where I go to drop and its still not working and I can not dive down, even when I grab my controller.  What I have to do it physically unplug my keyboard from the XIM Apex and plug it back in and it fixes itself.  When this is happening it also causes weird behavior when I hit the Xbox button.  When I'm in the menu I can't use the arrow down key or the d-pad down/L stick down on my controller, if I hold the button it will try and move down one spot but bounces back and forth really quick.  This isn't a huge game breaking issue but it is slightly annoying. 
   I'm wondering if this is game specific or perhaps a compatibility issue with my keyboard.  I have no issues with the mouse on the XIM and no issues with either when I play on my PC.  I'm trying to figure out if its game specific at the moment by jumping back into PubG.  I haven't noticed lately because I've been pretty specific to Black Out 4 for the past 3 weeks.
   It would be interesting to know if anyone else has had this issue.  I do know that almost everytime I initially boot up my XIM the keyboard doesn't work.  The controller, mouse and keyboard logos all show up in my XIM Apex Manager app.  I usually have to unplug my keyboard Bluetooth dongle and plug it back in then its good to go.

SOLVED

I figured out my issue, and honestly its super embarrassing.  I had my ADS set to right click as mostly everybody does but I had my set to toggle so I would press to zoom, then press again to zoom out.  If I got shot and killed in a game while I was ADS then my next drop I would not be able to wingsuit properly because it was still detecting that I was pressing my "Left Stick" in.  So when you are ADSing you cant sprint.  Sometimes I would be in the staging area and goofing around with a gun and if it loaded me in when I was ADSing then the same thing would happen.  All I needed to do the entire time was to click my Right Click then its all good.  Well at least I made sure my keyboard, mouse and everything else is now up to date, haha.

Maybe somebody else will have this issue and read this and get help so I don't feel completely retarded.

Offline piiwii

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:40 AM - 01/01/19 »
Secondary profiles can cause a lot of hard to identify grief. I think we’ve all done something similar at one stage or another.
Setup: XIM Apex, Titan Two, K780 keyboard, G Pro Wireless mouse, Logitech G440 mousepad, LucidSound LS30 headphones, Netduma router, Ubiquiti UniFi AP LR wireless access point

My RAINBOW SIX SIEGE Titan Two Mega Script: https://youtu.be/x-9NtxyySVM

What is a ballistic curve? Click here to learn more: https://bit.ly/2qzUAjg

Comprehensive guide on scissor style keyboards: https://goo.gl/UtkZyX

Find me on the ConsoleTuner (Titan Two) forums: pablosscripts

Offline heffstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:15 AM - 02/14/19 »
I have something like this happen often in blackout and now it happens in apex. In blackout all I need to do is cycle my auxiliary button - but I'm yet to totally work out what is causing it to mess up with apex legends.