XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Cloudflare is obstructing forum usage on a Mac  (Read 403 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
The Cloudflare changes are making it near impossible to post on the forums using a Mac. I understand why Cloudflare has been added, but the restrictive settings are killing the user experience.

I can't use Chrome at all - DDOS protection redirects all posts to create a new thread in Xim Apex Discussions. Safari constantly tosses a Captcha verification after every post or edit.

I need to edit my posts because on Mac, all paragraph line-spacing is doubled. I used to get around that by using the Toggle View button to clean up the code, but that's not working either.

OBsIV, I also can't email anyone at Xim directly, Cloudflare is bouncing the emails.

Can you please review the Cloudflare settings and check the forums using a Mac. I haven't tried on PC yet, but I'm on Mac 99% of the time.

PS, see the formatting above with the variable font sizes? That's new too, I can't clean it up due to Toggle View.
« Last Edit: 04:30 PM - 08/27/18 by OBsIV »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Cloudflare is obstructing forum usage on a Mac
« Reply #1 on: 04:26 PM - 08/27/18 »
Wow, that's really weird -- I'm not seeing anything like this. Other than it saying it's checking me out sometimes when I check the forum, I haven't seen anything like this. Can you try on PC please just to make sure this isn't a platform thing? If it still happens, I wonder if it's a network origin thing? We will need to figure out how to correct it since Cloudflare has already suppressed additional attacks.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Cloudflare is obstructing forum usage on a Mac
« Reply #2 on: 04:30 PM - 08/27/18 »
I'm posting this using a Macbook with Chrome and I only got the initial 5s check.

Are you using HTTP or HTTPS when accessing the forum?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: [ACTIVE] Cloudflare is obstructing forum usage on a Mac
« Reply #3 on: 06:42 PM - 08/27/18 »
Followed up in the Alpha forum. I'm not specifically choosing http or https, it's whatever is the xim.tech default.

I'd also like more aim assist on the forums. I'm struggling to enter the Post Reply box. If I can't have it on Mac, I'm going to PC  ::)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:07 AM - 08/28/18 »
Iím on an iPad running the latest edition IOS and am struggling to post on safari.
If I type a reply and hit the post button it will refresh the page and the post fails at times.
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:27 AM - 08/28/18 »
If I do a safari search for Xim apex it throws me a link to this page.
https://xim.tech
This then just shows a basic white page with links down one side and a picture of the apex and the page seems to be enlarged as well as the picture of the apex is huge. Then when you use your fingers to swipe the screen to the correct size all the links are very tiny in appearance.

« Last Edit: 12:32 AM - 08/28/18 by Minipeace »
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #6 on: 02:00 AM - 08/28/18 »
This then just shows a basic white page with links down one side
I get this too, on iPad

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 02:53 AM - 08/28/18 »
try adding https:// to the start of the URL. I've found Cloudflare to be much more stable and less intrusive.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 07:39 AM - 08/28/18 »
Hey everyone we definitely know about the issue with basic links on a white page. Google switched to HTTPS links for all search results and our main site has some hard links to HTTP which is causing the issue. Omgsus is looking at it.

In the mean time, use HTTP for.our main site. We will get this all fixed. This is independent of Cloudflare.

Admin