XIM Community

Best Analog for Xim Apex?  (Read 7839 times)

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
Best Analog for Xim Apex?
« on: 06:12 PM - 08/19/18 »
So, i decided to try using a controller instead of AWSD on the keyboard and i literally doubled my accuracy using an analog to move around.

it's very uncomfortable to hold a controller with 1 hand though, i saw the Navigation controller for the PS3 is an option but are there more options besides that one?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Best Analog for Xim Apex?
« Reply #1 on: 10:41 AM - 08/20/18 »
I agree, analog movement with mouse is a great way to play since you aren't limited to 8-way directional which forces you to use your aim to give you the extra freedom of movement. Unfortunately, the options for analog aren't looking good since both the Logitech G13 and the Sony Move Nav controller are no longer in production.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:15 PM - 08/20/18 »
if you have large hands then the logitech g13 is the best solution, it can still be bought in brand new condition from some stores or on ebay
the nav is a cheap alternative but doesnt have many button options, your mouse will need at least 6-7 buttons if you want to bind every controller action
the belkin n52te is another great choice, its compareable to the logitech g13 but also suits smaller hands, but its also out of production for quite a while now
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #3 on: 12:42 PM - 08/20/18 »
Nintendo Joy Con.

Offline JDM

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:52 PM - 08/20/18 »
Nintendo Joy Con.

That things trash lol, just get a g502 and a Nav if you can
| Apex ~ Glorious Model O- ~ Azeron Compact ~ X-Raypad THOR ~ Astro A40 TR ~ PS4 |

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:04 AM - 08/21/18 »
Thanks for the replies, looks like the Navi it is! Honestly, ive always felt a little "off" with my Xim but after the Analog i am much better. I actually have fun now, i dont feel like im constantly struggling to aim/move . That rly got in my way

Dont know if im used to it or if the moving and aiming mechanics are weird on console but it did huge difference,to whoever is reading this,i strongly suggest you try it out .

I use the Logitech G502 and theres plenty of buttons to map there,i found a comfortable set up. If anyone wants me to share that just lemme know.

Offline x Mayze x

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x Mayze x
« Reply #6 on: 01:46 PM - 08/21/18 »
Nintendo Joy Con.

That things trash lol, just get a g502 and a Nav if you can

What's trash about the joy con? Analog stick has less travel, all buttons are digital, unlike the @#$% analog trigger on the nav. It also has one more button than the nav.

Nav is collecting dust mainly due to the analog trigger. Not good for FPS games imo

Offline radroy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:36 PM - 07/25/19 »
What's bad about the joycon is it's too small. I had to go to the doctor for tendonitis because of it.

Offline Bargain

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Ps4
« Reply #8 on: 06:01 AM - 07/26/19 »
I agree, analog movement with mouse is a great way to play since you aren't limited to 8-way directional which forces you to use your aim to give you the extra freedom of movement. Unfortunately, the options for analog aren't looking good since both the Logitech G13 and the Sony Move Nav controller are no longer in production.

Please Support Venom X wand , its a good unit .

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:22 AM - 07/26/19 »
So obs ... have you never thought about trying the Azeron compact?
I've got 2 Logitech G13's  but once I got used to the different switch layout on the Azeron I can't go back.

Offline Verone-

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Verone-
« Reply #10 on: 01:21 PM - 07/26/19 »
if you have large hands then the logitech g13 is the best solution, it can still be bought in brand new condition from some stores or on ebay
the nav is a cheap alternative but doesnt have many button options, your mouse will need at least 6-7 buttons if you want to bind every controller action
the belkin n52te is another great choice, its compareable to the logitech g13 but also suits smaller hands, but its also out of production for quite a while now
does the n52te have an analog stick? Or do you need to mod it

Offline Beavy

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: beavyboy
« Reply #11 on: 01:48 PM - 07/26/19 »
Has anybody tried a wooting keyboard? It looks like the best of both worlds, Iíve been wanting to pull the trigger and buy one but waiting to see what the new switch they are working on is like.

I currently use the Nav after switching from a keyboard, I like it but I am struggling to map all my keys as I got a g pro wireless just before switching and I canít justify spending the money on a 502 at the moment.

That Azeron looks interesting, I will have a look into that. Not sure why it didnít come up when I was researching keyboards with analog sticks.
PlayStation 4 | Xim Apex | Razer Blackwidow | Razer DeathAdder | ASUS VG278Q

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:22 PM - 07/26/19 »
quite a few people tried the wooting already, you should find those reviews via the search bar. also the developer created an account and posts here when wooting related things come up (usually).
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:29 PM - 07/26/19 »

Very limited yet quite interesting. Ergonomic wise looks excellent.

I haven't tried Azeron, it has good reviews though.

I love the Sony Nav but force me to use a mouse with bunch of buttons. G13 has plenty but my brain has very rooted the spacebar for jumping and WASD for movement in a keyboard layout XD
« Last Edit: 04:42 PM - 07/26/19 by alanmcgregor »

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:33 PM - 07/26/19 »
nice that one looks similar to the nintendo wii nunchuck. its missing some front buttons though so a mouse with like 10-12 buttons will probably be needed.