XIM Community

My thoughts on Black ops so far...  (Read 4169 times)

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
Re: My thoughts on Black ops so far...
« Reply #15 on: 03:47 AM - 11/12/10 »
cheers mist :)
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal

Offline ryan123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03:23 PM - 11/12/10 »
til they come out with a patch for all the @#$% black ops has to offer, i'm not going to play the game one bit

i recommend virgin media!

Offline Gabbagod

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03:50 PM - 11/12/10 »
+1 I agree with Ryan.

Guess what game im playing? Ill give you a clue...it isnt Black Ops!!

Someone I know who is awful at COD, just looked at his stats for Black Ops and they're nearly as good mine. Utter bs!

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:12 AM - 11/13/10 »
Ok after playing the game more, my number one complaint is absolutely the spawning logic.  I agree with everyone on the stopping power thing, but I play mostly HC anyway so that doesn't affect me quite as much.  However, I am up to my eyeballs sick of having someone kill me just to respawn directly in the line of fire of another enemy in the same area.  One round of HC TDM last night I attributed 7 deaths directly to the ridiculous places they kept spawning me.  Once I respawned directly in front of a guy who immediately knifed me, I was ready to throw the game in the trash at that point.

Don't get me started on the campers in TDM either...  It seems in this mode everyone just takes a corner/room somewhere and sits the ENTIRE round.

I'm growing less fond of this game the more I play.
PC: R7 5800X / 3080 FTW3 / 16GB 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12:19 PM - 11/13/10 »
heh yeah.  last night on more than one occasion, I took out a couple of enemies in TDM, only to have them spawn about 15 feet behind me.

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #20 on: 06:09 PM - 11/13/10 »
I personally find this game far more enjoyable than mw2...that and if you play domination, it far from a camp fest..i crush campers..but i always have 4 bars with no issue ?

Maybe thats why.

I own kids with sub machine gunes and i dont use ghost..its all about subs, lightweight..and ninja.

I have yet to figure out how to upgrade to a pro version of any perk though...

Offline AP

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: aGamingPenguin-
« Reply #21 on: 06:46 PM - 11/13/10 »
you have to do the 3 chalenges for each perk, and then you need to "buy" the upgrade in the make a class bit :D
Quote from: He4DHuNt3r
oh ya I have a on suite bathroom for my games room....... and a shower!

I used to be someone now I am just me ..... :D

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #22 on: 12:42 AM - 11/16/10 »
Yeah I figured that out :P i had them all unlocked, jsut never saw the option to buy the upgrade.

I mostly play hardcore S&D though, so spawn logic doesnt affect me, nor does the lack of stopping power...guess thats why i enjoy the game so much :P

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07:11 PM - 11/16/10 »
I guess if all you play is S&D it doesn't matter.  Personally I like to play several different game modes. 

Overall, the game isn't bad, they just need to fix a few things.  Number one has to be the spawning logic.
PC: R7 5800X / 3080 FTW3 / 16GB 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:53 PM - 11/23/10 »
Happened two times now. I rage quitted as opponent almost two second lag advantage was obvious, friends in live party shout "host change". @#$%, host disadvantage? Host with three bars?
I am not a good player but I generally go 20-30+/6 with a good connection. At the above state I quit at 1-17 after some minutes. Here a typical picture of a opponent:
Crusade atm: none

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05:42 AM - 11/24/10 »
Is no one here playing Bare Bones? A lot of the @#$% your mentioning is reduced in BB.
Its kind boring after a while because if you play BBTT (Bare Bone Team Tactical ;D) Then you only get like 3 maps, they really need to fix that?

Had the game since day one and i have only played: Launch, Array, Grid, WMD & Summit.

I would love to see a BB S&D it would be near perfect, then i would wait  any amount of time for them to get there @#$% together.

But at the same time it looks like that's never going to happen because you never see anymore than 1000 players in BB at anyone time. And Trey said they would support it if the community wanted it. They didn't start giving the HC play list a update until they hit a consistent 50,000.

Looks like the most skillful game mode in b-ops is doomed because low bobs cant handle the brain power to think for themselves rather than chopper gunning some prick lulz.

No rage BTW <3

@roads; Epic Pic is EPIC.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #26 on: 08:44 AM - 11/24/10 »
And here's the rub - I finally got to see / play the 360 version compared to the PS3 version.  Long story short, the 360 version is markedly better.  Players aren't as muddy and don't blend into the background as much, framerate is shockingly better to the naked eye, don't even get me started on how few frame drops there are in relation to the PS3, and in all the time played on it the matchmaking issues that are making me pull what's left of my hair out only cropped up 2-3 times all night. 

It still took a while to find a match, bullets still tend to bend around corners, and hit markers are spotty on both systems, but the entire experience was 10x better than what I deal with on PS3.

Long story short, on this game, I have console envy.  Fingers crossed that Killzone3 will fill the void for me when it comes out in a few months.  (please,please,please,please....)

When playing in private matches with a handful of local friends on PS3, I can see why people are saying it's the best COD ever.  The more I play the more balance I see.  It really is well done from a design level -- especially the maps. Just wish the build on PS3 was up to par with what Microsoft folks are getting.

:::sigh:::

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline Quad Damage

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: MR_SCHULTZ
« Reply #27 on: 02:14 AM - 11/25/10 »
Happened two times now. I rage quitted as opponent almost two second lag advantage was obvious.

I quit out tonight with the same @#$% happening.
More like I bowed out, after 3 negative k/d games in a row.
Here's what keeps happening: .2 seconds after I see my foe, he has trained his gun on me and killed me...like even before I can bring my sights up.
Now either many people online have wall hacks, or what I see on my screen isn't exactly what's happening in-game.
Some games feel "right", where me and and opponent seem to see each other at the same time and shoot simultaneously.

Has got to be the whole P2P, connection, and host advantage thing.
I don't recall this kind of BS when playing Battlefield:BC2 (has online servers.)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03:49 AM - 11/25/10 »
I don't know what to do anymore. Thanks to Glenn I have a 0 lag @#$% system and I should clearly have the unfair advantage on my side even as mediocre player. As I said it even seems like a host disadvantage since the update. Rage quit -> host change is what my friends reported two times now. I am NOT connected to players at all of my country when playing FFA alone in 99%. This really depresses me as I really got better since the @#$% awesome player thread thanks to you guys. When this happens it is impossible to strafe out or drop away from an attack.
Crusade atm: none

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06:05 AM - 11/25/10 »
 What disturbs me about 'Ops is that one game will be perfect and network friendly. The next game... bam!
 All of a sudden I'm having problems getting killed by bullets that should be a mere flesh wound.
 I don't want to start a flame war on myself but sometimes I get killed by the "@#$%- No way that was a legit kill.." syndrome kids.
 -Must be caused by the client side predictions. Maybe also caused by lag spikes anomalies ? Not sure.  ???

Admin