HELP !!!!!!!!  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
HELP !!!!!!!!
« on: 05:07 PM - 11/29/10 »
ok i had a linksys router and have 2 xboxes in my house...both xboxes had open nats, that one finally bit it so i bought a new one. now no matter what i do to it either one xbox is strict or both are..ive changed MTU, port triggering and forwarding upnp on and off and nothing is working. its a e-1000 P.O.S if ne one can help, i would greatly appreciate it   

Offline dearac

• View Profile
Re: HELP !!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 06:48 PM - 11/29/10 »
Im not sure if this will help you, but Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open: 
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)

Also you can put I think just one xbox on a DMZ on you're router and then all ports will be open to that xbox.

Maybe this link can help you. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/908874/en-us

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:07 PM - 11/29/10 »
ok i had a linksys router and have 2 xboxes in my house...both xboxes had open nats, that one finally bit it so i bought a new one. now no matter what i do to it either one xbox is strict or both are..ive changed MTU, port triggering and forwarding upnp on and off and nothing is working. its a e-1000 P.O.S if ne one can help, i would greatly appreciate it   

This is a problem with xbox. I've had this issue and looked it up.. it's common and it's just how the xbox handles network traffic. The first box will be open, the second box will be closed.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:40 PM - 11/29/10 »
http://www.techknowlogy.viviti.com/

found this but i dont have experience with DHCP..now if it was the crap mentioned above i could nail it no problem. but i dont wanna tank my router, i dont actually know if it has what this guys says will fix it or not

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:09 AM - 11/30/10 »
 You may have to get another more compatible router. I recently tried replaced my Linksys WRT150N v1.1 with another router that had the exact same problem as you. On my Linksys all I had to do was enable the UPnP Service and the router did the rest. On the replacemt one I bought no matter what I fowarded or changed only one Xbox on my lan had a clean open nat.
So , yea I went the cheap router route and now I'm paying for it.  >:(
 I just ordered a D-Link DGL-4500 off of newegg today. It is a little expensive but it has a great interface that's easy to set up for multiple Xbox's on Live. I've set it up for friends before so I'm confident that this will work for me .

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
« Reply #5 on: 09:20 PM - 12/01/10 »
Well...it just sounds like your router is too dumb to do pat / nat translation to two different xboxes.

You can if you are not a security nut like me, is possibly DMZ one, and nat / pat the other...

I am not sure though, I am a network engineer, and personally I run a cisco ASA at home...so I can make it do whatever the hell I want :P

Linksys is garbage though..if you only have one public IP address, you would have to do patting, as a nat would do no good...if you do a 1-to-1 nat from public --> internal ip address of xbox you can not nat that address straight through to the other xbox...it is impossible to nat one public IP to two internal IP's.

You can not do PAT with a single public either, as you can pat xbox traffic, straight too one of the xboxes, but that only works if you can tell the xbox to listen on a different port...and even then the source port can not be the same for both xboxes, wich again screws you.

There are a few ways around this, but it is all way more advanced than a linksys can handle.

I suggest try to DMZ one xbox...and Nat the other.
it is probably your only solution with such a POS :)

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:15 AM - 12/02/10 »
That's the way I have it now ninja, one is dmz and the other nat...tried that for the 3rd time still get the same thing  :-\

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:49 AM - 12/02/10 »
I used the  Linksys WRT150N  for 3 yrs with DDWRT firmware with all 4 of my Xboxes. Never had any issues. Even while being on at the same time they still had clean open nats and all I did was enable the UPnP Service . POS or no pos it served my 4 xbox's  , 3 torrent machines wireless and 4 lan Pc's wired very well and I'm grateful for how long it lasted me. It failed me on no fault of it's own. I was trying to flash it and my home power went off . May it rest in peace in router heaven.  :'(

Admin