XIM Community

My thoughts on Black ops so far...  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
My thoughts on Black ops so far...
« on: 01:19 PM - 11/10/10 »
So many of the main guys know me and know how I feel, but I had to come put out what I thought of the game and see what others thought. First off, its NO Infinity ward....not even close, treyarch cant even copy the good things from MW2. The graphics lemme say or soo subpar, the guns are like pew pew literally, the sound in the game is awful, the LAGG....well I could go on for hours on this topic, their servers suck my balls so hard! How is it that I try to play in a simple TDM and it puts me with kids from England and france....like there isnt enough americans on playing? Then you jump between 2 and 4 bars connection the whole time and since the hit boxes are utter trash you lagg and die every time even though what you see is cross hairs right on the guy. Oh and lemme talk about how you cant join a party and then go in a game, never ever works! BASIC stuff that SHOULD have been fixed way before launch, its not like multi player games is a new thing here....Knifing through bullets is just stupid, I cant tell you the amount of times people have just ran through me and knifed me when the are across the room instead of try to shoot!! This is when you know somethings @#$% up cause your drilling them and they can still keep running and stab you, its like people gave up on the guns all together! Anyhow I better stop my rant now but im not really liking this game at all. Now, saying that, I knew treyarch was terrible at WAW ar COD3 so I didnt expect much, but all these years later and still not able to be ready for a big name release. I just wanted to hear if anyone else found the same thing? I know everyones opinion will be different but I wanted to see and say my own feelings. Thanks for reading my rant:)

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline DIRTYxWHITExBOY

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: Dirty x2
Re: My thoughts on Black ops so far...
« Reply #1 on: 04:56 PM - 11/10/10 »
Good luck trading in that rc car or are you gonna eBay it?

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:21 PM - 11/10/10 »
You know what accord, i thought i bitched about games but you take the biscuit ;D

The only thing i hate about this game is the fact that you have to wait till almost full rank for the good guns, the fact that there is no independent search & destroy play list in bare bones.......................

And the fact you can have launchers as a secondary in bare bones??? o yea and one more thing: those little distraction nades that shoot bullets are about as happy as Elton john in the john with john sucking his Johnson.

Apart from that, i think it could patch well!

viva la b-ops
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Don

• MVP
  • Northern California
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
  • Gamertag: Donskii HD
« Reply #3 on: 05:53 PM - 11/10/10 »
Sound isn't great, graphics aren't amazing, but it doesn't affect my multiplayer experience that much.  Gun games are a blast, and the currency system definitely takes the grind out of unlocking attachments.  I've got my matchmaking settings set to "local only," so lag isn't much of an issue to me.
Proud owner of a XIM3

Youtube.com/d0nskiii     Xfire: Galvaniz3d     Xbox: Donskii HD, vIIv Don

My Setup:
Mionix Naos 5000     Razer Lycosa     24" ASUS 1080p 5ms     PureTrak Talent     Black Magic Intensity Shuttle     250GB Xbox 360 Slim

Intel i7 930     6GB 1600Mhz RAM     2x 2TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDDs in RAID0     128GB Crucial SATA III SD     2 ASUS EAH6850s (Crossfire)     EVGA x58 FTW3

Offline ryan123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:33 PM - 11/10/10 »
sound sucks, i paid for my headset and i deserve to use it.. and i can't
blackbird is rape, when you get it, usually buzzkilled by some camping whore
terrible hosts and terrible hit detection

this game rewards campers
i was liking this game at first; it's now turned into a ghost campfest

i recommend virgin media!

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #5 on: 04:42 AM - 11/11/10 »
You know what accord, i thought i bitched about games but you take the biscuit ;D

The only thing i hate about this game is the fact that you have to wait till almost full rank for the good guns, the fact that there is no independent search & destroy play list in bare bones.......................

And the fact you can have launchers as a secondary in bare bones??? o yea and one more thing: those little distraction nades that shoot bullets are about as happy as Elton john in the john with john sucking his Johnson.

Apart from that, i think it could patch well!

viva la b-ops

THanks man, I just was always raised to do the best and be the best so when I see sub par @#$%, ill be the first one jumpin on the @#$% train! And this is deff the @#$% EXPRESS!!

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:24 PM - 11/11/10 »
I'm not hating this game near as much as some, although I think that there are some areas where improvement is needed.  Overall, the game doesn't seem quite as polished as MW2 did.  I think they overdid it in some areas with the equipment and weapons, seems kind of far fetched.  I would have rather seen some more "normal" weapons that I can relate to in the game.  I have had some connection issues as well, hopefully some of those will get ironed out.  I like all the customization options. 
PC: R7 5800X / 3080 FTW3 / 16GB 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline Drow Elf Drizzt

• MVP
  • It's Like Nerdvana
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drow Elf Drizzt
« Reply #7 on: 03:41 PM - 11/11/10 »
the only real complaint i have is it takes forever to connect to a game with more than three people in the room, either only one makes it or disbands the party, other than that i really like it, just have to remember not to chase when shootin as this is the world at war engine shoot a bit ahead

Offline ryan123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04:19 PM - 11/11/10 »
had some awesome fun playing ffa today - probably the best gametype
and then i came across 3 games in a row full of campers, and i mean the whole room
and when i say this, i mean literally, they were all sitting in corners aiming at doorways
where's the fun in this game, if i can get a 6 total K/D in ffa but it takes me 10 minutes to do it
i'd rather a 2kd ffa where it ends in 3-4 minutes.. @#$% sake.. @#$% campers

i recommend virgin media!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:04 PM - 11/11/10 »
had some awesome fun playing ffa today - probably the best gametype
and then i came across 3 games in a row full of campers, and i mean the whole room
and when i say this, i mean literally, they were all sitting in corners aiming at doorways
where's the fun in this game, if i can get a 6 total K/D in ffa but it takes me 10 minutes to do it
i'd rather a 2kd ffa where it ends in 3-4 minutes.. @#$% sake.. @#$% campers

Yea i put this game in the 360 installed - played - loved.
2 days later more and more problems are raising there ugly heads.

just have to remember not to chase when shootin as this is the world at war engine shoot a bit ahead

This is complete @#$%, "your right btw drow" but you shouldn't have to aim like that.. or at least not that much. also i find my self popping out really fast to shoot and getting lit up. instantly where on kill cams i had popped out and stood there for ages, now that kinda @#$% is BS, because it feels like there punishing fast game play? but making hip fire 1337 i don't get what there trying to do here? its like there saying "rush rush" but as soon as you do you get f#@ked up!
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline SQUINT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:22 PM - 11/11/10 »
I thought i had mouse setting and or connection issues till i read this thread.This is all the stuff thats happening to me as well.It seems like if you try to hit while strafing (or any kind of movement while shooting actually)really makes the hit detection suffer.You almost have to see a target stop and shoot then continue on.I have also had numerous occasions you are describing where i will srafejump left from behind a crate to take the guy in the doorway out and im lit up  soooo fast and on the killcam it shows me landing and stopping while on my end i didnt even reach my leaps apex before i was destroyed much less touch the ground?!I think the game will be ok with some tweaking.I hope so because this year has really sucked for game purchases this year for me.MOH,NHL11 and now this one.I like the game when it plays like it feels it should but not every game seems to play out the same way.Its weird.Anyhoo glad its not just me,or the cfg im using or my mouse setup etc and that im not alone.

Offline ABigDeal

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ABigDeal Gaming
  • Gamertag: ABigDeal
« Reply #11 on: 08:01 PM - 11/11/10 »
^ ive had this problem as well i was asking friends playing at the time if they can strafe and shoot.

If your strafing and shooting in ADS it REAALLY struggles to get hits off even though your dead on. So now when ever i play i gotta stop and shoot which is teh suck

No idea if its because of the lag problems but that in itself is incredibly annoying
A.K.A QnUP2C
Twitch TV Abigdeal Gaming - LIVE STREAM
Abigdeal Gaming - Personal Youtube Channel
Origin: abigdeal

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:17 PM - 11/11/10 »
That problem is also in bc2 360 and pc.. it's just the netcode or engine. Nice avatar btw :)
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:57 PM - 11/11/10 »
First connection problems as I did not find the locale only button with weapons that are unusable until you get the Famas red dot against high level player fully equipped as no reset of the stats when servers came up and campers that are really hard to nade out of their foxholes. Staying too long in one place should really mark you on the map whatever perk you have. Ghost/motionsenor is a joke. Then audio glitch that really favors runaround knifers as you cant hear @#$%. A free perk for them if you like. I wonder what beta testing was about.
Crusade atm: none

Offline parker789

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:07 AM - 11/12/10 »
I actually like the game so far.. I completely agree with everything thats been said so far though.. treyarch can't make they servers for @#$%.  you would have thought that since WaW had this exact same problem with parties not being able to connect to games..they would have fixed it! And why the only people online to play with are across the atlantic ocean is really a good question

Admin