XIM Community

PUBG: Advanced Setup (Updated 20190801)  (Read 46085 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
PUBG: Advanced Setup (Updated 20190801)
« on: 07:43 AM - 08/13/18 »
As promised here's my latest settings for PUBG. This games never going to be perfect. But after quite the test. I'm confident that this is about as good as it gets and is definitely the best PUBG has ever felt for me personally.

I had Four goals with this setup.
- Balance the sensitivity across multiple weapons and scopes.
- Improve over the shoulder aiming for CQC.
- Improve the driving experience and Skydiving experience.
- And... most notably, Fix the troublesome issue with Ads where it felt like it was really difficult to track targets alot of the time. Kind of like there was a dead spot on bith sides of the target. Then youd try to overcome it and way over aim. Ever experienced that issue? Yeah me too!!

So theres a few key points to this setup that are done within the game settings. This is subjective, however i spent quite a bit of time dialing in these settings. So id suggest atleast following the guideline. Im talking about scope sensitivities, and things like that.

I don't have time right now. But if you're struggling with balancing CQC with Long Range encounters then I've created a setup to fix this problem for you.

For now - if this sounds appealing to you, then follow the guide I've created for Apex Legends here.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=79842.0

This isn't as important with PUBG as it is with Apex due to the Sensitivity adjustments allowed for different scopes in PUBG.

BRAND NEW SETUP 20190801

IN GAME
Type B
RS 8
LS 20
Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier 100
General Sensitivity 20
Vehicles Sensitivity 7
Aim Acceleration Off
Over the Shoulder 20
1x 20
2x 19
3x 18
4x 15
6x 15
8x 15
15x 20

Mouse 12000 DPI, 1000 Polling
Apex 1000hz, Sync Off 20190702 or 19 Beta Firmware and Manager.
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=79166.0
HIP 64
ADS 36 - 1.25 x/y ratio - Smoothing 4
OTS 36 - 1.25 x/y ratio - Smoothing 4
I also use a ballistic Curve with Hip, Ads and OTS for added Response.

Full Setup Code:
Code: [Select]
  >>> XIM APEX [RML PUBG Curve] START COPY >>>
X5C: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:X5C
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<< 

Ballistic Curve Code Only, this curve is for Hip,Ads and OTS.:
  >>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:gACBLIJYgyCD6ISwhkCHCIfQiJiJYIrwi7iMgI1IjhCO2JBokTCR+JLAk4iUUJUYlqiXcJg4mQCZyJqQm1icIJ2wnnifQKAIoNChmKJgoyij8KWApkinEKcQpxCnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<< 

OLD CURVE CODE
  >>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AAAAyAGQAlgDIAPohLCFeIPoBHwFDwWjBjYGygdeB/EIhQkYCawKQArTC2cL+wyODSINtQ5JDt0PcBAEEJcRKxG/ElIS5hN5FA0UoRU0FcgWXBbvF4MYFhiqGT4Z0RplGvibjKPw:X5BC <<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<   

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 08:50 AM - 08/15/19 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Bohne2312

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: PUBG (A simple setup)
« Reply #1 on: 12:10 PM - 08/13/18 »
Hey RML,

No anti aim accilation curve ?
Deutschsprachige  Discord Gruppe https://discord.gg/FE5wRCk
(Wir wachsen täglich ein klein wenig weiter)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:23 PM - 08/13/18 »
Please tell me what is your smooth??
and did you check smoothing ads?
and please tell me in game Vertical Multiple

Smoothing should only be used (IMO) when SYNC is off. Jitters isn't an issue with SYNC set to Common, so NO Smoothing.

Vertical Multiplier should be default. What is that 100? Not sure, I can check later. But I didn't adjust it so...

Hey RML,

No anti aim accilation curve ?

Nope! I'm playing better without it. But I had to stick with it and get used to it. Tracking targets is much easier without it and with Aim Acceleration at 5. Trust me, I spent ALOT of time trying different AA settings. I've tried all of them, even 8 as some have suggested. I found the easiest to get used to and tracks targets the best is 5. If you're over aiming, turn your APEX sens down.

ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline JE77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:06 AM - 08/14/18 »
RML tried your setup, second game I got a chicken and have 10 kills... not bad, I always enjoy trying new setups because I get bored of the old ones, I will stick to this one for awhile though and see how I do, I already have over 400 wins, I will try and make it to 500 with these settings! Thanks!

Offline snoozey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:45 AM - 08/14/18 »
Thank you RML ,appreciate the time and effort it took to come up with this info.
Using it now and feels good,

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:41 AM - 08/14/18 »
RML tried your setup, second game I got a chicken and have 10 kills... not bad, I always enjoy trying new setups because I get bored of the old ones, I will stick to this one for awhile though and see how I do, I already have over 400 wins, I will try and make it to 500 with these settings! Thanks!

Yeah I've tried ALOT of different setups too. Spent hrs. creating curves, but in the end it feels better with the acceleration at 5 and no curve. All the other setups I've tried before would feel good until I take some time off from the game. Then I'd come back and it would feel like garbage. So far I haven't experienced that with these settings. Don't get me wrong the aim mechanics still are far from perfect. But I feel like this is about as good as it gets with PUBG.

Thank you RML ,appreciate the time and effort it took to come up with this info.

Stick with it man, it feels even better on the PTS server. I was actually turning on people and winning gun fights at close and medium ranges. That's not something I've been able to do very well in the past. I'm definitely feeling my confidence building using these settings.

ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Dirty Ces

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:11 AM - 08/14/18 »

Yeah I've tried ALOT of different setups too. Spent hrs. creating curves, but in the end it feels better with the acceleration at 5 and no curve. All the other setups I've tried before would feel good until I take some time off from the game. Then I'd come back and it would feel like garbage. So far I haven't experienced that with these settings. Don't get me wrong the aim mechanics still are far from perfect. But I feel like this is about as good as it gets with PUBG.

Stick with it man, it feels even better on the PTS server. I was actually turning on people and winning gun fights at close and medium ranges. That's not something I've been able to do very well in the past. I'm definitely feeling my confidence building using these settings.

RML, Have you tried it with sync on SLOW.

Reason why I ask I've been using SLOW with AA off, I'm thinking of trying this out but was wondering if I can just leave it on SLOW, If not not whats the multiplier again to go from SLOW to COMMON. Thanks Man !!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:58 AM - 08/14/18 »
I tried all SYNC settings and decided on Common, it felt the best to me for micro movements and overall responsiveness. I did give SLOW (30fps) a strong go because the game does or is supposed to run at 30fps. However, micro movements feel better at 60fps IMO.

You can try slow though just divide by 2.
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Dirty Ces

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:00 AM - 08/14/18 »
I tried all SYNC settings and decided on Common, it felt the best to me for micro movements and overall responsiveness. I did give SLOW (30fps) a strong go because the game does or is supposed to run at 30fps. However, micro movements feel better at 60fps IMO.

You can try slow though just divide by 2.

Thank you !

Offline full58

• The opposite of empty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:42 AM - 08/15/18 »
"and... it's how the ST was created!)."

but that begs the question, had the ST been made with AA off. would we have a better aiming experience with AA off? we have been told by mist the aim acceleration on or off doesn't matter, yet this small snippet would suggest otherwise?

also do you have the vertical sensitivity multiplier at 100 or 150?

Offline Bohne2312

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:32 AM - 08/15/18 »
@RML:
Are you 100% sure that the ST was made with AA5? And not AA1?

Would be nice to get mist4fun's response...

Or, you just give it a try ;-)

@rml , just Play 4-5 matches - i like ;-)
I agree, tracking feels good
Deutschsprachige  Discord Gruppe https://discord.gg/FE5wRCk
(Wir wachsen täglich ein klein wenig weiter)

Offline Melen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:03 AM - 08/15/18 »
Receiving alot of PM's about this so just going to throw it out there. Here are my very simple PUBG settings and it works extremely well for me personally. Yes I created the curve that many use in other setups, however I do not use any curves for this game. You may ask yourself, "What makes this setup work, why is it better then others?" Well truth is, there is no "Perfect" setup for everyone. This setup is based on how the ST was created by mist4fun. This setup maximize's responsiveness and turn speed. My advice to anyone and everyone is take it, stick with it, and I promise you will improve and gradually get better. Practice... Practice... Practice. Here is my "Simple" setup.

In Game Settings:
Button Layout - B
DZ - 10
General Sens - 10
Vehicles Sens - 8
Scopes - 10 (Except 4,6 and 8x's are at 9)
Aim Acceleration - 5 (yes you read it right 5, it takes some practice but works the best once you learn how to control the acceleration.. It maximizes your ADS turn speed, feels really snappy for hip (looting) and... it's how the ST was created!).

XIM APEX Settings:
Polling - 1000hz.
SYNC - Common
HIP Sens - 6
ADS Sens - 6
SUB ADS (for aiming over the shoulder) - 6

My peripherals and settings:
G502 - 1000hz polling, 12000 DPI

Steel Series 9HD mouse pad.

If you're over aiming, turn your APEX SENS Down!

Let me know if you have any questions.
 ???

Cheers!

Sorry RML, Im noob with the apex and with bad english. What is "SUB ADS (for aiming over the shoulder) - 6" where can i put this value? Can you share here your buttons ST? or your general config for only to have copy and paste? thank you!!!

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:53 AM - 08/15/18 »
"and... it's how the ST was created!)."

but that begs the question, had the ST been made with AA off. would we have a better aiming experience with AA off? we have been told by mist the aim acceleration on or off doesn't matter, yet this small snippet would suggest otherwise?

also do you have the vertical sensitivity multiplier at 100 or 150?

Mist commented on making it with AA at 5 along time ago when it was made. However, he also did make a point that picking AA is user preference. Reading it now, I can see how some perceptions may be had, based on what I said. I didn't lie, it was stated that is was made with 5 AA. But it is user preference according to mist and he would know. That being said, after spending some time with AA set to 5 I can see why he chose that setting. The acceleration feels more manageable and kicks in it at like 50% input. This makes micro movements the same as any AA setting "including off" and also allows good acceleration for close quarters and player tracking. Do I like having Acceleration, No not really. However, it makes everything feel more responsive with this crappy look mech. Therefore, I prefer it over no AA as no AA feels too slow and sluggish. No AA feels really bad to me now after becoming used to using a setting of 5.

My point is this guys, this is not COD and you're never going to get a solid linear feel with this game without significantly hindering your overall turn speed. So I've adapted my play style to match the game mech. It wasn't easy but it can be done and I play better now that I've done so. I have very little issue tracking targets anymore. I actually had the opposite problem when I first decided to use higher AA, I was over aiming. But now I've dialed in my sens and I've gotten used to managing the AA.

Anyways, to avoid any confusion or miss perceptions going forward. I'll remove my comment about the ST being made with AA set at 5.

Thanks!

@RML:
Are you 100% sure that the ST was made with AA5? And not AA1?

Would be nice to get mist4fun's response...

Yes, but again (see above) AA is subject to user preference, according to mist.

@Melen - I use a NAV, but I will upload my config when I get a chance, maybe tonight.

« Last Edit: 09:21 AM - 08/15/18 by RML »
ADVANCED SETUPS

Offline Poke

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:06 AM - 08/15/18 »
RML thank you vert much for your help and feedback.  Quick question.  Why do you need to have a sub ads if the sensitivity levels are the same?  I guess what I am asking is what makes the sub ads different from not having one?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:15 AM - 08/15/18 »
RML thank you vert much for your help and feedback.  Quick question.  Why do you need to have a sub ads if the sensitivity levels are the same?  I guess what I am asking is what makes the sub ads different from not having one?

Great question! I use an ADS and SUB ADS (over the shoulder) due to button layout changes. For example the button i use to jump in Hip, I use for Hold breath in ADS. I also use buttons for leaning in ADS modes, I use the same buttons in Hip for different things.

ADVANCED SETUPS