XIM Community

I use Xim in Overwatch and Iím only plat, I suck lol  (Read 850 times)

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
I always see ppl on here talk about how theyíre GM masters Top 500 etc. and Iím just plat trash over here. I havenít played a lot of DPS during my time playing this game but Iím starting to play it now so Iím a beginner DPS player I guess. I think the only DPS character Iím worth my salt on is Soldier, I played a TON of call of duty and battlefield back in the day so thatís probably why

My account:

https://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/NyRTrueBlue

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/career/psn/NyRTrueBlue
« Last Edit: 08:27 AM - 09/24/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Online Kuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zergsy (Smurf Account)
Re: I use Xim in Overwatch and Iím only plat, I suck lol
« Reply #1 on: 10:04 PM - 08/12/18 »
Donít think you suck just because youíre a plat, first season I ever played I was 100 SR from gold, now Iím always 3800 or above. First season I ever played with Widow was season 8 and I got 3900 with her, basically one tricking.

It takes time to learn roles effectively and it may seem like you arenít improving but trust me, as long as youíre focusing on improving you are. Soldier is really good to start out with if you havenít played a lot of dps, McCree isnít in a great spot right now so donít worry if you do bad with him itís just he gets knocked around a lot in this meta.

Just focus on gamesense and positioning and your aim will come in time.

I have a friend whoís a Mercy main and uses a Xim, doesnít matter what input method you use as long as youíre able to do work with it.
| Logitech G Pro | G213 Prodigy | ROG Sheath | ROG PG258Q 240Hz | 1000Hz | 12k DPI

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
« Reply #2 on: 10:14 PM - 08/12/18 »
Plat is hard bro. Thatís not sarcasm.   Lots of Smurfs, players with great aim but no awareness, etc. diamond feels easier at times. Master feels like GM or bronze lol.

Plat is always annoying though.  If you want someone to play with let me know.  I love mercys!
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:57 PM - 08/12/18 »
Plat is hard bro. Thatís not sarcasm.   Lots of Smurfs, players with great aim but no awareness, etc. diamond feels easier at times. Master feels like GM or bronze lol.

Plat is always annoying though.  If you want someone to play with let me know.  I love mercys!
Thanks man, and I do see an awful lot of smurfs in my matches. A few weeks ago there was some guy with a name like TRACCRRRR bronze border no stars and they were owning as tracer of course.
« Last Edit: 08:29 AM - 09/24/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:19 AM - 08/13/18 »
you are dying too much, this is your problem, stay in backlines, actively use guardian angel, use every corner you can hide behind, dont use your pistol too often.

every mercy player in plat and diamond i saw is actually braindead, even those who has 1000+ level in a profile
keep in mind she is also a bit nerfed now, you get ult charge slower on 20% and you cannot overheal moira's and monkey's damage anymore

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:51 AM - 08/13/18 »
Donít think you suck just because youíre a plat, first season I ever played I was 100 SR from gold, now Iím always 3800 or above. First season I ever played with Widow was season 8 and I got 3900 with her, basically one tricking.

It takes time to learn roles effectively and it may seem like you arenít improving but trust me, as long as youíre focusing on improving you are. Soldier is really good to start out with if you havenít played a lot of dps, McCree isnít in a great spot right now so donít worry if you do bad with him itís just he gets knocked around a lot in this meta.

Just focus on gamesense and positioning and your aim will come in time.

I have a friend whoís a Mercy main and uses a Xim, doesnít matter what input method you use as long as youíre able to do work with it.
Thanks for the advice. I actually did start with Soldier when I started to get back into DPSing again (played DPS at first) but Iíve moved on to Hanzo since heís kinda the best DPS at the moment. The results Iíve gotten since switching to Hanzo arenít too bad, my weapon accuracy is pretty decent I think but my elims and damage could be better. I donít even really play Mercy that much anymore, I only play her now if no one else will go main healer.

Are you a girl? I played someone named Mercy1Trick yesterday but they were actually playing mercy lol
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline Benjamin720

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:58 AM - 08/13/18 »
If worsts come to worst, you can try D. Va. I climbed from 3100 to low masters pretty much one tricking her in season 8, though this was before her missile nerf. Sheís still good though. However, she does next to no damage on armor. I myself donít even play dps though as I never really like being squishy in any game I played. I actually main Rein. I hate it when I have Hog and D.va as my tanks while the enemy has a zen, Rein, hanzo while Iím trying to play McCree with that kind of tank setup. I had the xim way before I got into Overwatch and just only played for comfort. Originally got it for smite as I played it on pc first but switched when they did a skin transfer to PS4 to play with some co workers. That said, plat is just an annoying rank, but youíll eventually climb out if you play more.
« Last Edit: 09:03 AM - 08/13/18 by Benjamin720 »

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:38 PM - 08/13/18 »
If worsts come to worst, you can try D. Va. I climbed from 3100 to low masters pretty much one tricking her in season 8, though this was before her missile nerf. Sheís still good though. However, she does next to no damage on armor. I myself donít even play dps though as I never really like being squishy in any game I played. I actually main Rein. I hate it when I have Hog and D.va as my tanks while the enemy has a zen, Rein, hanzo while Iím trying to play McCree with that kind of tank setup. I had the xim way before I got into Overwatch and just only played for comfort. Originally got it for smite as I played it on pc first but switched when they did a skin transfer to PS4 to play with some co workers. That said, plat is just an annoying rank, but youíll eventually climb out if you play more.

This

Offline NoxAk

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: -----
  • PSN ID: -----
« Reply #8 on: 09:51 PM - 08/13/18 »
Dear mercyonetrick, this dosenít mean that your aim is bad, it means that you have problems with positioning, i believe that every xim user has the advantage in terms of aiming but if they at low ranks or whatever, this is because the positioning, just try to improve your positioning and keep in mind that most new xim users started from the same place whichís plat or ever lower :)
« Last Edit: 03:23 AM - 08/14/18 by NoxAk »

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:13 AM - 09/24/18 »
Update:

As it turns out the reason Iím platinum rank is simple, I just flat out suck at DPS. For example my eliminations per 10 minutes on hanzo is bad (only 18) and my hero damage dealt per 10 minutes on tracer is garbage as well (only 6000) My mccree damage is pretty mediocre at 7000 and I have 19 elims per 10 minutes on him which isnít very good. Only way to climb the ranks in this game is by getting good and Iím not good. This should be a good example to anyone who thinks ďxim is cheatingĒ that having a xim will not make you good at the game or ďturn you into a GodĒ like everyone thinks it does
« Last Edit: 08:31 AM - 09/24/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:35 AM - 09/24/18 »
It does not matter what rank you are, neither does it matter what level you are in any game.
Itís all about fun and enjoyment.
Iím on the other side of 50 years of age and my friends are a tad younger but we just have fun on overwatch, RB6, play some VR, golf, Call of the wild, we just have fun and after a days work itís a good way to unwind.
Most of the time we are laughing and really thatís all that counts.
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08:43 AM - 09/24/18 »
It does not matter what rank you are, neither does it matter what level you are in any game.
Itís all about fun and enjoyment.
True, itís not worth it to get all worked up over rank when we are just playing for fun afterall. Iím not too concerned right now about my low rank because Iíve played very little DPS so I wouldnít expect to be that good at it. However, I will say if Iím still in platinum after hundreds and hundreds of hours playing DPS characters then thatís just sad lol and I would be disappointed in myself

Offline Minipeace

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:59 AM - 09/24/18 »
Haha, you canít be as bad as us.
Me and my mate managed to get to the last 4 on the Blackout beta. Thatís a miracle! Picture this, a tiny circle and a hut with the shield half in it and one player in the house with my mate about 6 ft from him on the outside watching the door.
Iím behind him looking for the other player. My mate  decides it would be a good idea if he stands up and presses his inventory button to see if he has any grenades. Now we are not quick so the player pops out of the building and sees my mate just standing there, bang, my mate drops. Iím in giggles and the other player walks up to me and bang Iím gone too. We were rolling around laughing as only we could do that!
Smoke me a kipper, Iíll be back for breakfast.

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:40 AM - 09/24/18 »
Sounds like you guys just threw the game tho lol if you actually tried you probably couldíve come in 1st place. Iím over here actually trying my hardest in Overwatch Competitive play and Iím getting my @$$ handed to me by other platinum ranked players who use controller while Iím on M&K like thatís just pathetic to be honest. Iíve had multiple matches where Iíll get sniped in the head like 5 times in a row point blank range by a widowmaker and Iím tracer. Tracer is meant for close range battles she should not lose to a widowmaker in a close range 1v1 and certainly not 5 times in a row. Iím just complete dog $#!t lmao 😂
« Last Edit: 09:49 AM - 09/24/18 by ƑȒƐƐĿǾ »

Offline Naj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
« Reply #14 on: 04:20 AM - 09/27/18 »
Iíve been diamond all seasons witb controller . And last two season with mouse . Getting diamond is pretty easy .