XIM Community

Your Product does not work  (Read 273 times)

Offline GmanGaming

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shark5Boy
Your Product does not work
« on: 04:39 PM - 10/11/18 »
So I have been using the XIM apex to play fortnite on my Xbox 1X and it was working well for the first two days, then I log on today and right after I get a kill I get booted from the game an error message pops up on my screen telling me to disconnect my keyboard or mouse.

XIM says that you trick the games into thinking that I'm using a controller, this is not the case. Please help

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Your Product does not work
« Reply #1 on: 04:41 PM - 10/11/18 »
There's already a big thread in regards to Fortnite. It's important to note that it's not the Xim being detected, but keyboard input. Epic is splitting the console userbase into separate controller and m/kb lobbies.

This has been added to Fortnite to stop users from entering a game with a controller, then swapping to kb. It has nothing to do with Xim, other than Xim supporting keyboards.

It also affects licenced m/kb adapters on PS4, like the Hori Tac Pro. That's going to cause Epic some problems with Sony, so there'll be more on this story to come.

It's being worked on right now for Apex. There'll be a solution and it won't take long.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:52 PM - 10/11/18 »
We are currently investigating a fix. Please read the known issues and workarounds on page one below and please share feedback if you're able to. Thank you for your patience.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=70731.0
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:53 PM - 10/11/18 »
We are currently investigating. Please read the known issues and workarounds on page one below and please share feedback if you're able to.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=70731.0

edit: i got copy paste sniped by mist ;)
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central