XIM Community

Swiftpoint Z runs better on a hard pad  (Read 895 times)

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Swiftpoint Z runs better on a hard pad
« on: 03:11 AM - 08/11/18 »
Iíve been using an extended cloth mouse mat with my Z, as Iím an arm swiper who prefers control over speed.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a Fntic Gear Boost Speed Pro Gaming Hard Mouse Pad for £7 as itís wider than any other hard mouse pad than I have been able to find.

Iíve found that it accommodateís my swipes perfectly (I very rarely swipe the mouse off the edge in CQC: a problem that Iíve always had with smaller hard pads) and itís noticeably faster than my cloth pad.

I had problems with jitter at 1000 Hz on the cloth pads so Iíd changed polling rate to 500 Hz in Apex manager (although the mouse reporting rate is fixed at 1k and actually reported at ~980 on cloth) and set my DPI to 3200.
Surprisingly, I found that with the Fnatic pad I was able to set Apex polling to 1000 with no jitter, so Iíve changed the Zís DPI to 1200, divided my sensitivity by 4 and added a little boost in Ballistic Curves.

The mouse is even more responsive than it was before: not the slightest hint of jitter and I can now 180 even faster and snap onto targets more quickly in the BO4 beta.

Hope this is of use to anyone who has, or is thinking of getting, a Swiftpoint Z.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Bringer Mortis

• View Profile
Re: Swiftpoint Z runs better on a hard pad
« Reply #1 on: 03:31 PM - 10/11/18 »
I've also been a big cloth pad guy so it's interesting to see your experience with the Fntic.

So you don't run the Z at the max 12K DPI? How have you been using the Z's unique features such as deep click buttons, gyroscope, etc?
« Last Edit: 03:59 PM - 10/11/18 by Bringer Mortis »

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Swiftpoint Z runs better on a hard pad
« Reply #2 on: 04:45 PM - 10/11/18 »
So you don't run the Z at the max 12K DPI?
Your question had me checking the Swiftpoint UI. And do you know, Iíve been using this beauty for over a year and only just noticed that you can adjust the DPI?  Duh! :-[ Iíll play around with it in BO4 tomorrow and let you know how I get on.
How have you been using the Z's unique features such as deep click buttons, gyroscope, etc?
I use deep click on the RMB for Hold Breath when sniping but havenít really used the feature for anything else. I really need to sit down and work out what else I could use it for.

I used the gyroscopeís tilt feature to make a left or right dash in the air whilst jumping in CoD IW but it just occured to me that if you lift the mouse off the pad the gyroscope turns it into a flightstick, so Iím gonna see how well I can controll helis with it and whether it helps driving ATVs and trucks.

Will update this thread with my findings.

Oh, and if you wanna move you mouse faster, get the fnatic pad. At £6 you canít go wrong. (Still waiting for a Steelseries Dex XXL though  ;) .)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro + Crucial MX500 1TB, Xbox Series X, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, AKG K702, Creative Sound Blaster X7, iFi Zen DAC v2, iFi Zen CAN, Eve Spectrum 4K 144Hz.

LIAN LI A4 H2O, ASRock Z690M-ITX/ax, Intel Core i5 12400, EK-AIO Basic 240, Crucial 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 2TB, Crucial MX500 1TB, KFA2 RTX 3080 SG, Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold and if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Admin