XIM Community

Xim controller  (Read 170 times)

Offline Jake_souder

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jakeeee059
Xim controller
« on: 02:41 PM - 08/10/18 »
When I play bo3 for like 20 mins my controller always turns off I didnít have the PS4 usb cable Iím using turtle beach usb lol I mean when it does turn off I can still use mouse and keyboard just gets annoying when I wanna change classes and when I try to unplug cable and plug back in it lights up / connects then turns back off so I have to unplug xim and plug back in is it the cable or the xim lol

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim controller
« Reply #1 on: 04:08 PM - 08/10/18 »
It sounds like a cable issue. If you find that the micro usb cables you have on hand are not resolving the issue then I recommend trying cables by amazon or anker.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-3-Pack-PowerLine-Micro-USB/dp/B015MJLEUS
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Male-Micro-Cable-Black/dp/B0719H12WD
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline M_A_D_20

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:23 PM - 08/10/18 »
I have had the same problem recently. Ps4 controller switches off randomly but the mouse still functions fine. I was using an official usb but then changed usb and though it doesn't happen so often now, it still happens. Only when i move the controller this can happen so wondering if my problem could be the port on the ps4 controller itself maybe.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:44 PM - 08/10/18 »
Yes, it can be both. A loose port with a cable that doesn't have a tight fit for that port. I have three X1 controllers and the newest and most underused controller is a project scorpio controller that I cannot use with XIM because it's port is so loose. I feel like it could be fixed with sugru or an epoxy to make a tighter fit but I haven't gone that route yet. I just use another controller.
Have a problem with your XIM4? Find a solution in the XIM4 Support FAQ
XIM4 User Manual   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline M_A_D_20

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:37 PM - 08/11/18 »
That's one way of going about it  :D On other forums, I've read that people who have had this problem with loose fitting and controllers going off have simply just bought usb cables from different sellers till they found one that fitted tightly and that was problem solved. Not sure how much that would end up costing in the long run though