XIM Community

Overwatch Xim Apex Settings  (Read 1478 times)

Offline NeSchkOo

• View Profile
Overwatch Xim Apex Settings
« on: 04:53 AM - 08/10/18 »
Hey Guys  i want to keep the search for an acceptable Overwatch Setting alI've so I decided to make various videos with different settings. I will post the videos in here so you guys can check them out and discuss them but keep in mind I am not the best player so let's look behind the skills. Furthermore I would like to keep this thread for all of you to Share their Settings like in the good ol days. I know recently their are alot more possibilities to customize your OW Settings and that is not easy to find the best but together we can do it.

https://youtu.be/xyW89DzYJL8

This particular Video was done with these following settings:

Overwatch ST
Sync Common
RML Curve (Shotout to RML and Saltywatch)
dpi 3200
hzt 500
cloth pad
360į on the whole mousepad
1/2 HIP = ADS

Setup:
Mouse: Logitech  G502
Mousepad: Logitech G640
PS Nav

And lastly please overlook my grammar, English isn't my first language

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Ididitmom
Re: Overwatch Xim Apex Settings
« Reply #1 on: 05:51 AM - 08/10/18 »
Very similar to my settings! Tried sync off again yesterday but prefer default or common
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline NeSchkOo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:23 AM - 08/10/18 »
What mousepad and mouse are u using salty?1

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:46 AM - 08/10/18 »
just got that new corsair extra wide.  absolutely loving it. I still use the same amount of space than my XL mousepad, but I dont have to worry about running into @#$% now.

and Im currently using my g703 because its the only mouse my son hasn't thrown like a football lol. its still one of my favorite mice anyways.

This isnt what I use, but its very similar.. If you aren't using a good gaming monitor, or you are using a Giant TV, heres your chance to not be stupid, and to be cheap at the same time. I don't think this deal will last on amazon. ideally you would want 1ms response, but 2ms response is all the same, and its a good brand

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VE248H-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B0043T7FHK/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_bs_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=J3B00TPDFEZXX7M38AR3

I'm using the wooting one for keyboard but for OW if you hardcore main one hero, i would consider the PS nav, not for the aim assist, but because its nice not to get caught in all the hard, 90 degree corners of the map, vs other games where you have smoother edges.

random OW notes:

AAW honestly isnt as important as you would think. Its not going to aim for you.  Try high AAW if you use low. try low AAW if you use high.  Its not going to destroy your aim, if youre aiming bad its because youre just off that game. Just try it for 10-15 games on a smurf if you can and measure the diff. IE i thought low AAW was the best, and high AAW felt awful... I still feel like it feels terrible, but then I look at my stats and I'm like "Oh @#$%, I sacrifice 10% accuracy overall to gain 10% critical, 5 more elims per 10 min" etc etc   

The mods will tell you, most very good OW players use diff settings for diff heroes.I don't believe this at all, you probably want to build muscle memory in your aim, and keep that the same for everyone. I can understand changing AAW for specific characters, like Ana, or maybe even like McCree/widow if you play insanely fast on everyone else but track slow with him

Its not the mods fault that the game is terrible. It pains me to say that the Xim apex is probably the best we can get in terms of a translator. OW has poor turn speed, and HUGE hitboxes that, when combined with aim assist, allow for stupid flick actions from controller users. You can do this on your xim too. If you just play widow, and throw your hand (or i guess move ur wrist because u guys are probably wrist aimers) where you think the crosshair is going to land, then you can honestly just light yagami the entire game as widow and kill anyone you want.  The problem is that it feels awkward to do this, and the mods tell you that every time you turn too fast and make the xim lights blink red, a puppy dies  and as someone who plays orisa i dont like that

another question you have to ask yourself.- "am i being retarded".   Are you not switching to heroes like Zen? Dva? Did you buy the Xim so you could be a genji main, and you're mad that brigitte is still beating the @#$% out of you with a hammer?  this is a very important question to ask yourself.

Final tip? Consider annoying tactics to enrage your enemies.  This is DVA 101 boys, we're #1, lol.  By this, I mean bind your voice line to a key (I literally bind my voice line to my shoot button, but i have had 2 account banned doing this, lol).  Bind your crouch button to a key on your mouse, or its wheel, and teabag the @#$% out of people.  Bind your wave to something and wave at enemies before engaging.   Bind your spray button to your melee, so when you punch someone to death, you have a wicked sweet spray on top of their dead body that shows your the true alpha weeb.
No longer on Apex forums, please contact me via Youtube (saltywatch) for help, or my current configurations! Thanks!

Offline NeSchkOo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:45 AM - 08/10/18 »
Yeah I got a monitor 1 ms response rate so that is one problem less thanks
My biggest problem is you ether go full flick setting or full tracking nothing in between

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:59 AM - 08/10/18 »
what characters do you play, bud?

Please understand too that the AA in this game is designed for controllers and will react as such. So those flicks are going to be nutty. I personally like the tracking in this game. I do well with Sombra and DVA... Soldier is great with XIM but if you are struggling with soldier try turning your bloom on

before any XIM veterans jump on me, OW has attracted a lot of new people to the FPS scene, and they really dont understand how significant spread can be.

Offline NeSchkOo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:24 AM - 08/10/18 »
Mainly widow at the moment
Other than that I play mostly hits cans  like ana or mcree exceptions are  with zen and para which I also like to play
The thing is I play since almost the launch of overwatch with the Xim 4 and I was always satisfied but now with the apex it's realy frustrating but thankfully aim is not Al in this game so I will just try one setting after the other until I feel it's good enough.
I think the aim assist is the problem since the JunI update (I think it was Juni Don remember) the aim assist behaves much different than before it is realy inconsistent . IN one moment it is so strong that you can't cut the bubble and your aim floats outide of the enemies hotbox  in the other moment it's like there was never aim assist.
But I will try everything so no problem I believe that the community will solve this like in the past

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:31 AM - 08/10/18 »
While I agree that the June update did something seriously, seriously impactful to the aim assist, I do want to mention the changes in my statistics (over 2000 hours on widow, btw).

Career average (over 2k hours)
Scope accuracy :  62 percent
Crit scope accuracy :  12 percent

Now:
Scope accuracy :  54 percent
Critical :                 25%

And I had the same averages for seasons upon seasons... And I always had the same settings for those seasons too.. 30 AAW, xim4, etc.  So I have actually gotten better on Apex.

I felt like apex was best when it first came out (which would be sync off), and while it feels the cleanest, default and common react better to the look mechanics of overwatch IMO.

its hard for me to say that the mods may have been right all along.  reminds me of a southern slang.

We wanted the mods to make chicken salad out of chicken @#$%.  Its just not possible. If your XIM4 felt better, its cuz there was less options for you to @#$% around with, and it forced you to keep your settings

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:48 AM - 08/10/18 »
I fully agree regarding the fact that the AA is inconsistent. (Without changing settings performances are fluctuating) Sometimes it is really strong and you have to fight against it and sometimes you have almost nothing. It is all about settings and I am sure about it because some users they do not have this problem at all (Xim 4?)

I invite you to look the videos of Fatcatboot to check what I am talking about. This guy is off course really good with hitscan but he got definitely the perfect settings. If anyone can get it would be nice. It seems he is using Apex but we cannot always be sure (perhaps using chronus max with anti recoil?) but anyway he is first on US server and only playing soldier which is quite impressive. (12k damage per 10min average and around 50% accuracy which is insane at this level!! )

It seems like adding smoothing help (but perhaps only in my head) and decrease settings inside the game help with AA in order not to be stuck into the bubble. I am still testing and trying to find the perfect settings but really hard to be honest and harder to rely on expert people to trust them enough.

I donít think sync are making a huge differences or even linear. They all can be ok. Regarding curve I do not have the feeling they are really impacting AA but only speed (Right?). Smoothing really difficult to notice a big difference and according to me only helping regarding jitter.

So to be honest I do not know on which options to play with anymore^^ something feel missing to adjust our current setup but donít know what it should be.
« Last Edit: 08:53 AM - 08/10/18 by Kik »

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:44 AM - 08/10/18 »
I way prefer in game smoothing vs xim for ow

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:54 AM - 08/10/18 »
At which level do you set it up? I will give it a try again but i have the feeling it is slowing me down.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:19 AM - 08/10/18 »
Slowing you down? If you want fast settings why dont you just use mine??

36 xim sens, 800 DPI common I think it was?? thats snappy and smooth for me. if its high for you do 70 aaw, if it feels normal for you try 30-50 aaw

And bro Xim smoothing makes it floaty. Until the mods tell us the specific values (IE SA3 = smoothing level 3), i wouldnt use smoothing at all unless you have jitters.

In game smoothing (IMO) controls the snappiness. If you want a snappy, PC like reflex to your turns, aim smoothing 0. Try aim smoothing 84 if you want to feel what i consider the max appropriate value for in game smoothing

Offline Kik

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:20 AM - 08/10/18 »
I agree regarding the window but man I donít know how in common at 800 dpi you can be so low in sens but I guess it is due to the mousepad because with your sens I can barely move^^
At 800 dpi, common sens I must be around 90 to be fast enough. Btw 800 dpi is good for mcree for instance but for widow my feeling is you are missing too many pixels. My preference is 12000 dpi/1000hz. I know I know people will say no difference if you are between 3000 to 4000 but I can see a difference.

I will try aim smoothing in game as you suggested thanks.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:46 AM - 08/10/18 »
let me confirm that thats my settings before you go off of that.

Offline Saltywatch

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:52 AM - 08/10/18 »
Lol actually for 800 dpi 36 is my high speed setting

I do like 400 dpi With 36 more than half the time.

Sounds like u donít play PC do u lol. U canít aim cause ur wrist aiming my guy